Roll rate

ESAc_matador

I would assume Razbams SME has input into.it and trust actual Harrier pilots more than what people perceive on a pancake screen. That being said like the m2000c I'm sure we will go through many changes.

Way I look at is with perspective of a test pilot and constantly testing new tweaks the Nerd Shack has made on the airframe and try not to die. Fun that way

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

C'mon guys please.... At least bring some more details than "don't you think" and "see this youtube" - from which you don't know anytying about the weight, load, etc... .

Some charts would be welcome as a starting point.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Its too slow at low speed

Watch this video and look at the roll rate even at low speed.

First of all that’s a GR7 according to the video description, and second of all it’s probably at minimum weight for the air show and hovering. Not saying Razbam is correct but saying that this video means nothing in relation to the module we have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrected empty fuel tank definition

Cockpit model improvements

External model improvements

Added EHSD Moving Map (Work-in-Progress)

Added TPOD laser ranging

Updated TPOD TDC movements

Updated TPOD target transfer

Corrected aircraft basic empty weight (slightly too low before)

Corrected aircraft basic empty roll inertia (too high before, creating incorrect roll response)

Corrected combat rating not allowed when nozzles not aft or gear down

Corrected very high altitude engine performance (>35000ft, was insufficient before)

Says right here in change log they corrected it to proper roll rates? Not saying theirs no bug but this will be a developer thing

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Well...

armed with guns, DCEM pod, two rocket pods (19HE) and 4 sidearms, with 4100 lbs fuel....

360° took about 5 seconds.

I jettisioned the rockets and sidearms... and took 4 seconds... it sound very, very very poor roll rate to me.

certain rolls are much higher rates than ours...

THis video posted is self explanatory. (unless that aircraft and ours is quite different)

Seems to me that there is a problem affecting all aircraft in DCS...

Edited by ESAc_matador

From the Harrier manual.

"The lateral control system consists of the control stick, high speed aileron stop, spring feel unit, trim actuator, cables, control rods, two tandem hydraulic actuators, two ailerons and two roll reaction control valves. With the landing gear down, aileron travel due to stick movement is about 25° up and 10° down. With the landing gear up (except on AV−8B 162070 or 162071), or above 0.4 Mach, aileron travel is reduced because of the solenoid operated high speed stop at the base of the control stick; however, the stop can be overridden to obtain full aileron travel. On AV−8B 162942 and up, aileron deflection is increased between 0.88 and 0.96 Mach when angle of attack is between −2.6° and 9.1° to improve roll rate. At 0.92 Mach the roll rate is increased approximately 40° per second providing a 120° per second roll rate capability. Lateral stick movement is transmitted by control rods and cables to the aileron actuator control valves. The control valves meter hydraulic fluid to tandem power cylinders in proportion to the displacement. The tandem power cylinders allow simultaneous use of both hydraulic systems. If a single hydraulic system fails, the remaining system will supply adequate power for control."

So for me roll rate is pretty accurated. 120°/sec at Mach 0.92 is three seconds 360°, and 40° less below Mach 0.92 is 80°/sec for 4.5 sec 360° roll.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

no it wasn't it was a standard squadron jet as the RAF only had a small number of them and couldnt afford a dedicated airframe for it, never mind modified!

I will concede have not served on the harrier force, but have on Hawk Sqns and know there are differences between the reds and "front line" hawks so was just wondering if the same applied to the harrier force.

Ok, but... It is a fact (I saw few videos already, from different airframes) that it takes around 2 secs for a full roll.

Ok, it is an alpha product. I am not complaining!! I just wanted to mention it just in case there is a improvement opportunity of the FM.

When I fly aircrafts, roll rate is what I use to avoid being hunted in a dog fight by dennying a firing solution to other aircrafts. ( Boyd's teory)

UNLESS it is a pylon´s issue...

Edited by ESAc_matador

How ??

By the way... today (after restarting the CPU, o f course... i did some more test... and ups!!!. Seems to be fine?? i am getting less than 2 secs... (empty, 2000lbs)

really strange!

I do think there could be happened something... so

I AM REALLY SORRY, CLOSED THREAD HEHEHEHE

Edited by ESAc_matador
  • Like 1