TPOD and DMT slew control problems

CrimsonGhost

Hello all. I have recently started to have issues with controlling the TDC in the TPOD and the DMT. No matter which hat I assign the controls to on my TM Warthog, the TDC kinda jitters around the HUD and locks on to something way off in the distance. It resets just fine but it is otherwise unusable. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Yes, I have the same issue. The only way it's usable for me is to put my nose near where the target should be on the ground then lock, slew works fine then. But it's worthless for searching larger/further areas, and the constant spamming of the unlock button is annoying.

Hello all. I have recently started to have issues with controlling the TDC in the TPOD and the DMT. No matter which hat I assign the controls to on my TM Warthog, the TDC kinda jitters around the HUD and locks on to something way off in the distance. It resets just fine but it is otherwise unusable. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Do you have the DMT switch set to on the center panel (next to the INS rotary)? I had trouble until I realized this switch was important.

The TPOD has to have TDC selection on the MFD to slew. The DMT will not slew if TDC is selected for the TPOD. You can only slew 1 at a time.

For me, the targeting pod works as long as it is aimed at the ground to start. When it is aimed at air starting out it is uncontrollable. I'm able to use the zoom and field of view to search effectively at greater than 20 miles.

The DMT just doesn't have the same range or flexibility, but I find it to be usable. It seems like it works best when searching for targets lased by a JTAC/FAC.

DMT:

* Switch on the DMT using the switch on the center console

* Sensor select switch aft 1/2 times until you enter TV mode (not LST)

* Point the flight path vector in the general target area and press the TDC down / action button to lock the camera on the selected position. You can then slew it using the slew buttons (but not the slew axis yet)

TPOD:

* Press the TPOD button on the MPCD menu

* Press the STBY button to switch the camera on.

* Press the TDC button ( -> TDC = on )

* Point the flight path vector at the target area, and press one of the slew buttons to lock the camera on the selected position.

* Slew using the slew buttons (slow) or axis (fast)

If your target is on a waypoint, Autopilot on and just as the above post says, slew down the Tpod, you will see the indicator jump all over the place on the hud but once it hits the ground it will stabilise . I’ve spotted targets 30 miles away if you know roughly where they are

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed when the TPOD circle is in the air (default pos when you turn it on) slewing down towards the ground makes it jump all over the place

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist