Bear Trap.

FlankerMan

I'm trying to do the F-15C Bear Trap campaign, but I can't get past the first mission. After flying a few waypoints, I'm told to land. The first time I tried, I just ended the mission, because on the Su-27 and MiG-29S campaigns, you don't have to land to successfully complete a mission. I just assumed the same here. After discovering that I'd have to do it again, I tried landing, and, as usual, crashed and died. Do I have to land? How do I navigate in the F-15C? The ADI needle always goes to the far right of the ADI.

I'm trying to do the F-15C Bear Trap campaign, but I can't get past the first mission. After flying a few waypoints, I'm told to land. The first time I tried, I just ended the mission, because on the Su-27 and MiG-29S campaigns, you don't have to land to successfully complete a mission. I just assumed the same here. After discovering that I'd have to do it again, I tried landing, and, as usual, crashed and died. Do I have to land? How do I navigate in the F-15C? The ADI needle always goes to the far right of the ADI.
Ok, first off you really need to learn to land successfully. There are some great threads here and there are some good YouTube videos also.

Secondly, campaigns are a little borked right now, not to mention the F15 among others are virtually indestructible currently.

While ED is working out the bugs, spend the time working on your landings. It's my favorite part of flying so to speak. There's some great navigation videos also.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

+1 for learning to land properly - the pilot with no intention to land is just Kamikaze!

+1 for advise not to take on Bear Trap right now - you won't get past mission #2 because of changes in DCS 2.5 - the campaign is not yet updated.

As for the damage bugs I don't think it affects our aircraft the same as the ones we hit. I got hits and take damage. I have to eject most of the time in 2.5OB (HF3) after first hit. Some times I can continue severely crippled. Though not that much sudden blow ups I suppose...

I'm trying to do the F-15C Bear Trap campaign, but I can't get past the first mission.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3105429&postcount=12

Basically fly not only trough waypoints but also straight by the course line. It is your only duty here. Use your HSI for that. ADI is for attitude check and its yellow needles are ILS landing cues. If you follow the waypoints right way the last one will turn into ILSN mode just before landing. You don't have to land to complete the mission but I personally would not count that :)

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

After flying a few waypoints, I'm told to land.

You probably deviated too much from course and end up in area you're not suppose to be during that point of flight. It happend to me once.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

As for the damage bugs I don't think it affects our aircraft the same as the ones we hit. I got hits and take damage. I have to eject most of the time in 2.5OB (HF3) after first hit. Some times I can continue severely crippled. Though not that much sudden blow ups I suppose..

I take it back! I got R-60 right in my face and not a single system took damage. I decided to reload the mission after a while to not make it count.

I take it back! I got R-60 right in my face and not a single system took damage. I decided to reload the mission after a while to not make it count.

Yep, I flew a few missions in the Red Flag campaign and was taking SAM shots up the pipe with zero damage, and just flying around taking out Flankers with my cannon. Not much fun after a bit.

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,