What should I expect from Harrier? Considering getting this next

fergrim

Is this an advanced attacker like the Viggen, close air support?

Or should I expect a fighter with multirole abilities?

I'm just confused as to what I'd be getting if I got this

It’s like the marines version of the A10 but a bit better preforming with a bit less avionics and much less bomb load

Right now at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd consider it much more a CAS ground pounder with short range SEAD capability than anything else.

Targeting pod works very will with GPU's and Mav's.

All dumb bomb ordinance (82's, 83's, CPU's, etc) work very will with CCIP. Targets can be marked via the TV camera in the nose.

Sidearm SEAD missiles are short range (say max 10 on average for me) but an incredible amount of fun. On this topic, the amount of countermeasures you can carry is rather extensive. It also has an ECM pod as an external store option.

Air to air is limited. No radar so its like the A-10C in that you place the target in your HUD reticle and wait for a good growl. Guns are the same (minus the growl of course). Both are good enough to enjoy some furball action against decent threats.

Landing using VTOL on the carrier is absolutely amazing.

Nav is easy with selectable waypoints(not programmable at this time, but soon).

Its faster than you think as well. You get to target in a decent amount of time.

Now if your like your group and sadistic enough to tank with it, its a challenge but we do it so anybody willing to put the time in can as well. Love that part of it.

Its a great buy, I have no regrets at all.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I'd consider it much more a CAS ground pounder with short range SEAD capability than anything else.

Targeting pod works very will with GPU's and Mav's.

All dumb bomb ordinance (82's, 83's, CPU's, etc) work very will with CCIP. Targets can be marked via the TV camera in the nose.

Sidearm SEAD missiles are short range (say max 10 on average for me) but an incredible amount of fun. On this topic, the amount of countermeasures you can carry is rather extensive. It also has an ECM pod as an external store option.

Air to air is limited. No radar so its like the A-10C in that you place the target in your HUD reticle and wait for a good growl. Guns are the same (minus the growl of course). Both are good enough to enjoy some furball action against decent threats.

Landing using VTOL on the carrier is absolutely amazing.

Nav is easy with selectable waypoints(not programmable at this time, but soon).

Its faster than you think as well. You get to target in a decent amount of time.

Now if your like your group and sadistic enough to tank with it, its a challenge but we do it so anybody willing to put the time in can as well. Love that part of it.

Its a great buy, I have no regrets at all.

Heard/Read in upcoming future we might get the Variant with Radar and AIM-120 as for A2A, the AV-8B Harrier II Plus i presume... we'll see if they model it.

Edited by Doum76

Heard/Read in upcoming future we might get the Variant with Radar and AIM-120 as for A2A, the AV-8B Harrier II Plus i presume... we'll see if they model it.

RZABAM said that they would like to do the II Plus after ED releases the A/A & A/G radar code from the Hornet. Whether that will actually happen has to be seen. You should expect for it to be a separate module at the very least and not an update to the current Harrier module.

Ultimately the Harrier NA is a great Bird. She guzzles gas and will prep you for the "short legs" of the Hornet. There are still a lot of features to be implemented and it will only get better with time.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

And does it come with a campaign?

It doesn't even come with training missions right now. It's very early access.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

It doesn't even come with training missions right now. It's very early access.

But there are dozens of user made missions and an incredible amount of great YouTube videos.

I sat on the fence about this module for months. Since picking it up three weeks ago it has become the most enjoyable plane in DCS so far. I absolutely love it.

But there are dozens of user made missions and an incredible amount of great YouTube videos.

^^^^ THIS!

buy it, you'll love it! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I sat on the fence about this module for months. Since picking it up three weeks ago it has become the most enjoyable plane in DCS so far. I absolutely love it.

Totally agree with this ^^^.

I started with DCS about 2 months ago with the excellent Belsimtek F-5E (which I really enjoy) and then moved into a few user Mods before grabbing the Harrier, and even in it's early access state just really, really enjoy flying it.

It's challenging to fly well but has a great amount of capability, can get out to the AO from the boat, FARP or airfield at a decent clip, carries a real good load for such a small jet, has good sensors that will be great as the module matures, and the V/TOL aspect adds a whole other dimension, especially at the boat.

RAZBAM has done a good job with as far as I can tell, I look forward to growing with it as they add more and more capability as time goes on.

'Gimp (DISCO at vVMA-231)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

RZABAM said that they would like to do the II Plus after ED releases the A/A & A/G radar code from the Hornet. Whether that will actually happen has to be seen. You should expect for it to be a separate module at the very least and not an update to the current Harrier module.

Ultimately the Harrier NA is a great Bird. She guzzles gas and will prep you for the "short legs" of the Hornet. There are still a lot of features to be implemented and it will only get better with time.

That's what i would had expected, since there is gonna lots of changes between both Variant. Even as is right now, the N/A it's my favorite module ever in all Flight Sims i'Ve tried, i love this bird so much that i'm gettting to like droping ordonance which wasn't much of my things before. :)

I love Mid Air Refueling, Naval Aircraft... you give me a bird that i can take off loaded from ground, drop fireworks on bad guys, rendez-vous with a Tanker and refuel, drink from the bottle a little bit, then head home to land on a carrier.. add to this the possibility to have 4 different style of take-offs and landings.... well, just awesome, to learn and master.... as i said, The Hornet was my most anticipated module ever since i discovered DCS in early 2010's and was dreaming of that plane to come in DCS, but since i discovered the AV-8B last month, i want the hornet to take is time now to get out :) Razbam does an awesome works on all products the do.

• 3 weeks later...
That's what i would had expected, since there is gonna lots of changes between both Variant. Even as is right now, the N/A it's my favorite module ever in all Flight Sims i'Ve tried, i love this bird so much that i'm gettting to like droping ordonance which wasn't much of my things before. :)

I love Mid Air Refueling, Naval Aircraft... you give me a bird that i can take off loaded from ground, drop fireworks on bad guys, rendez-vous with a Tanker and refuel, drink from the bottle a little bit, then head home to land on a carrier.. add to this the possibility to have 4 different style of take-offs and landings.... well, just awesome, to learn and master.... as i said, The Hornet was my most anticipated module ever since i discovered DCS in early 2010's and was dreaming of that plane to come in DCS, but since i discovered the AV-8B last month, i want the hornet to take is time now to get out :) Razbam does an awesome works on all products the do.

I bought it and my :joystick: was extended by nearly 3inches (that's 7.62cm for you metric fellas). My wife and I both DO NOT regret my purchase of this module!

A2A Capacity is something like 6 Aim-9?

And does it come with a campaign?

Hey fergrim,

Training missions are being worked on already, there is a sticky thread with what to expect from them. There also be a campaign that will come as a DLC, but I will probably include first 3 missions in he module for free to give you a nice feeling of the rest.

As I have said before,to build a meaningful training and campaign we need most of the systems fully functional - but I am trying to work first on those missions that will already work OK.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png