Odyssey left/right eye not same height

grimdar

Hey guys,

I have the Samsung Odyssey and have tried DCS and stumbling on a problem I simply cannot seem to resolve.

On the Odyssey, DCS right eye image is much lower than the left eye image... making it very hard to look at in VR. This is the ONLY app that does this. All my other apps running on the Odyssey display perfectly.

I also have the Oculus, but DCS looks perfect in it.

Everything is set up the correct way with SteamVR.

I even setup a new laptop with WMR + SteamVR + DCS and with a vanilla setup it does the same.

This is incredibly frustrating since the my main goal of the Odyssey was to play DCS.

Any ideas?

• ED Team

That is really odd, I know Wags uses the Odyssey, and I just recently bought it, cant say I have seen anything like that, especially it only doing it in DCS. Maybe include your specs, and logs from DCS, not sure they will be any help, but what the heck, lets try. Post your graphic and VR settings while your at it.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That sounds very weird to be sure. I don’t have any issues at all and have never heard of this issue. Check the WindowsVR reddit and MS VR site.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 2 weeks later...

It's really odd that others are not having this issue.. however I checked to make sure I wasn't going crazy: There are others that have reported this in the big WMR thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3436393&postcount=74

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3468022&postcount=84

I think posting the settings won't do much.. I've now tested on 3 different computers with vastly different hardware and have the same issue on all 3

I've also tried a large variety of DCS settings, from vanilla to basic to heavy settings.

Again.. DCS is the only app that has this issue.

For folks not having this issue.. as soon as DCS loads into your WMR headset: alternate closing eyes to see if the images are the same height. Maybe some people are more sensitive to it. Either way, both images *should* be the same height. I can't even look at the image for more than 2 minutes. I can play Elite Dangerous for 3 hours though.

That is really odd, I know Wags uses the Odyssey, and I just recently bought it, cant say I have seen anything like that, especially it only doing it in DCS. Maybe include your specs, and logs from DCS, not sure they will be any help, but what the heck, lets try. Post your graphic and VR settings while your at it.

just curiosity did you had a rift before the Odyssey? If yes, how big is the improvement of visibility?

• 1 month later...

+1

Having the same issue. I have tested Rift and Vive before. Both worked fine. Was really looking forward to the higher FOV and resolution on the Samsung but this as kept me from using it in DCS.

+1

Having the same issue. I have tested Rift and Vive before. Both worked fine. Was really looking forward to the higher FOV and resolution on the Samsung but this as kept me from using it in DCS.

FOV is same as Rift and Vive.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

going on the mask size settings for the VR shader mod, I would say the rift has the largest FOV because it needs the largest mask size.

based on what everyone is reporting.

the odyssey is larger than the vive.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...