Want to add the R-77 to the Sukhois

You can do it, just dont come online playing with those. Believe me your not the only one that has ever came with the idea. its been donne to death so much that if I ever got a niquel for every time it did, I could buy Bill Gates a$$ and have that served over to me on a silver platter.

My friends in the Forums are about to explain why R-77 is not loaded on Su-27. I've donne too much of that dangerous circus stunt. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

If anybody knows where I can find a payload editor for FC 1.12 that will allow me to load the R-77 onto the 27 and/or 33 I would appreciate it.

Thanks folks :helpsmilie:

LockOnFiles

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I'm just currious, in RL, can the Su-27 carry them? It could in Flanker 2.5, but why not now.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

well?... is it? I'm not trying to start a big discussion, i just want to know if it is realistic?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Specifically some upgraded versions of the SK in China, and the SM, which Russian just acquired a squadron of very very recently.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok, I see...

Thanks for all your replies folks. I appreciate the quick feedback.

No worries about coming online with the 77s. You are talking to an old dog here. I know what is right and what is not. :thumbup:

Just want a bit of balance with the F15...

... Then give the F-15 an AMRAAM that doesn't react to chaff and has longer legs? ;)

Sorry, I just had ta. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Funny thing, depends on the Su-30 version I think (The original is as limited as the 27S in weapon loadout), but I'd say it's a fair deal. :D

On the other hand, if I make the Su-30 flyable then I would be more in line with the real world - right ?

:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly high enough, even in Lockon you do not need ueber missiles.

I adapted most of my off-line missions so that I fly at least 15.000 ft and even more 30.000 ft in the Eagle.

In these more up-town areas you cannot go for a muddy frog hunt of course; but who cares? Frogs don't really fly: they jump. if you wait long enough they fall out of the sky without you having to do anything.

In the more selective airspace above angels 20 your missiles work like a charm, whether it be Amraam or R-27ER, and you meet only worthy opponents :D It's a question of style, really. No polluted air, no irritating schilka noises, once in while of course an uninvited S-300 missile comes in to disturb your contemplation of the higher skies and compassionate considerations of earthly life.

Ah, "Ueber den wolken" as they say in german!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly high enough, even in Lockon you do not need ueber missiles.

I adapted most of my off-line missions so that I fly at least 15.000 ft and even more 30.000 ft in the Eagle.

In these more up-town areas you cannot go for a muddy frog hunt of course; but who cares? Frogs don't really fly: they jump. if you wait long enough they fall out of the sky without you having to do anything.

In the more selective airspace above angels 20 your missiles work like a charm, whether it be Amraam or R-27ER, and you meet only worthy opponents :D It's a question of style, really. No polluted air, no irritating schilka noises, once in while of course an uninvited S-300 missile comes in to disturb your contemplation of the higher skies and compassionate considerations of earthly life.

Ah, "Ueber den wolken" as they say in german!

Well, it depends on tactics of course. Needless to say, most pilots will dance circles around your AMRAAMs - look-down shoot-down currently doesn't...how should I put this...exist in a realistic manner. Targets get lost in the doppler notch very easily, and your missiles don't gain as much energy from the high altitude launch as they should.

sigzk5.jpg

Funny thing, depends on the Su-30 version I think (The original is as limited as the 27S in weapon loadout), but I'd say it's a fair deal. :D

The Su-30 is the Su-30 :) ....i.e. the original interceptor version(based on the Su-27UB) for which armament and radar is the same as the Su-27......in fact given its interceptor role(for PVO service) I don't think it even had unguided a2g capability.

The export version of this is called "Su-30K"

Only later multirole variants - with "M"("MK" for export) suffix and the upgraded "Su-30KN" are R-77(and guided a2g) capable.

So since the "Su-30" in Lock-on was given these capabilities, it should really have been named "Su-30KN" :) .

JJ

That won't work on-line, someone will sneak under you and blast you with a heater.

I disagree. And you know why ;)

It works, not as IRL but it does. But it requires you to be extremely skillfull in searching with the radar and a specialized HOTAS profile to do for example, picking up enemies at 15 miles with an altidure displacement of more than 30000 feet. I know perhaps only half a dozen online pilots who do this regularly. EVERYONE else doesnt. Thats is why tactics are very poor, and thats why 80% of the people will fly low knowing contacts will be also found flying low. I blame finger lazyness for that. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P