Persian Gulf Map Install Error Log

• ED Team
See log attached. My guess is torrent not up or heavily engaged but I thought I would post anyway.

You need to update your open-beta install to current 2.5.2.17559.377 before installing PG.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

Ok, I thought updates happen automatically? I don’t recall receiving notice of a recent update. Can I push an update manually?

You also have the Update DCS shortcut inm your start menu under Eagle Dynamics, i always click this one when i wanna see iof there is updates

So this is what I get when I try to download the new map. Is the map downloadable to the open beta or the stable version?

Open Beta only so far.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am getting an "unknown" error when trying to install the Persian Gulf map, even though DCS prompts me to install it. I have ran the updater and am up to date.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

• ED Team

Update open beta to 2.5.2.17559.377

then install Persian gulf using module manager

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am getting an "unknown" error when trying to install the Persian Gulf map, even though DCS prompts me to install it. I have ran the updater and am up to date.

What version does it display in the main menu? It should be 2.5.2.17559.377

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
I had the same issue. DCS prompting me to install the new map but then fails. The Updater wasn't picking up the new version for some reason. This happens quite a lot and I end up having to force the updates.

Updater automatically checking for new version only one time in a day.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

• ED Team
Hi,

the updater is telling me, that I already have the newest version installed (2.5.0).

Has anyone else similar pop up?

Thanks.

Ryxh

It's correct if you have release version. Today's update and PG map are for OB so far.

that does nothing for me atleast

I have the two latest campaigns and the new map uninstallable.

i start from the dcs utility (or shell) but it simply closes eveything when you select to do the install (any one) the firewall is closed.. but it doesn't matter, repair doesn't do anything it simply states it is fine... did a clean... removed some files but nothing major

the autoupdate log states ...

00001.481 STATUS: Preparing to install PERSIANGULF_terrain ...

00001.754 ERROR: Unknown module PERSIANGULF_terrain

00005.291 === Log closed.

The version is the latest openbeta 2.5.2.17xx.yyy

Edited by beanbandit
Additional info

Computer HW:

CPU: i7-5930K; RAM: 32GB DDR4;GPU: 2xAsus GTX-980Ti; MotherBoard: Asus Rampage VI Extreme; Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II; Monitor: Samsung 34" S34E790C; Headphones Thurtle Beach

Controler HW:

HOTAS #1: Thrustmaster Warthog; HOTAS #2: Saitek X-65F (The best!); HOTAS #3: Saitek X-52 Pro; Pedals: MFG Crosswind

Keyboard: Saitek S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 + Logitech G-13

MFD: ThrustMaster Cougar MFD's

Mouse: Logitech G-700

Oculus Rift: CV1

• ED Team

the autoupdate log states ...

00001.481 STATUS: Preparing to install PERSIANGULF_terrain ...

00001.754 ERROR: Unknown module PERSIANGULF_terrain

00005.291 === Log closed.

The version is the latest openbeta 2.5.2.17xx.yyy

Attach your log, please.