Throttle issue: 10% after idle position is a deadzone

If you're not already using the script editor that's gonna be difficult, but the code is:

SetCustomCurve(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, LIST(0,10, 100,100));

And similar for the right throttle. This means that when the physical throttle is at 0, DCS will see it as 10%. I use separate scripts for each aircraft so it won't have any adverse effects elsewhere.

Am sure it must be possible to accomplish the same effect with the Hornet's axis tuning, I just prefer this way.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Try using the fingerlifts and check if the "deadzone" goes away.

I was just about to ask about this myself.

I only have one joystick throttle axis so was setting up keyboard controls for when I need to manage the engines separately. I noticed that using the keyboard there are three areas for the throttle

From (1) full afterburner down to idle*, use finger lifts then (2) down to ground idle*, and (3) idle to shutoff.

I also have to wonder if it's necessary to map the range from ground idle to idle to the analogue axis, as I need every last mm for flight. Why not just have it assigned to button / keystroke like ground idle to cutoff? I expect there's a good reason?

*not sure if my terminology is correct, sorry.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I’m not sure it’s a bug, but I would prefer having all my joystick range for throttle management in the air (seeing the FCS doesn’t have detents and I have ready lost some range for afterburners).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noticed the same yesterday night when messing around in the cockpit...glad I am not the only one!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

From NATOPS

Advancing the throttles from OFF to IDLE (during engine start) opens the engine fuel control

shutoff valves and activates engine ignition. Finger lifts, on the front of each throttle, must be raised

to place the throttles OFF. With weight on the wheels, launch bar retracted and the arresting hook UP

or with weight off the wheels, afterburner operation is initiated by advancing the throttles through the

MIL detent gates into MAX. On the ground, an afterburner lockout system helps guard against

inadvertent afterburner selection. With weight on the wheels and launch bar extended or the arresting

hook DOWN, the afterburner lockout extends and the finger lifts must be raised or a force of

approximately 32 pounds must be applied before the throttles can be moved to MAX. A retractable

inflight IDLE stop extends with weight off the wheels and provides a higher IDLE rpm and reduced

acceleration time to MIL.

NOTE

During high g maneuvers when moving the throttle to idle, the flight

idle stop may retract and allow selection of ground idle.

With weight on the wheels, the inflight stop is retracted and the ground IDLE stop is used. Moving

the throttles to OFF closes the engine fuel control shutoff valves, stopping fuel flow to the engines.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I'm still missing a potion of my throttle movement.

Regardless of cutoff to idle etc, when my engines are running I want the full movement of my throttle.

The A10C has a the cutoff to idle arrangement but I get the full movement when the engines are running.

My CH throttle has no finger lifts, so I want idle to full AB as full throttle movement.

Cheers

...I want idle to full AB as full throttle movement.

Cheers

You already have it -> GROUND idle to full AB. You have to assign a key to activate both finger lifts, and press it while moving your throttle. As this range exists on the real throttles I suppose they had to simulate it.

Is it really necessary though? Maybe they should give an option to remove the ground idle to idle range and have a keystroke for this instead?

What I've done is to change my curves, which helps a bit. You could make it even steeper by going to 30% on the second notch (or the first??), and smoothing out the main range even further?

Screen_180610_214847.thumb.png.62e2f5fb532f4032de586c1f066db5b1.png

Just checked again. Apologies. I could've sworn that using the finger lifts the other day I had full range (I must've been dreaming). I also get a small bit of nothing at the lower range of my throttle (x52 pro), like in your video. Sorry for the confusion.

Y Saturation 95 about solves this (for now)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Kiwi, read Hippos post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3519572&postcount=30 What your seeing is deliberate. In-flight you can not retard the throttle to ground-idle, only flight idle, which results in what you are seeing.

RCTRL+ENTER brings up the joystick overlay, and you can see it in action.

With weight on wheels, the idle deadzone goes away, when in flight it comes back.