Please help me Level out the hornet I can't get her to fly level.

This whole post reminds me of the post periodic test flight.

I used to rig the Flight Controls and make it as straight as I can.

The Test Pilot said they test to see how straight it is by flying at a certain alt, certain AOA (level flight), certain speed and let go of the stick.

The jet should naturally roll, the time it take to start rolling determines how "straight" Flt Ctrls are. If it rolls too fast (I believe under 2 min) we had to re-rig the Flt Ctrls.

My personal best was 4.5 mins before it started to roll. We're talking over 20year old jet.

Cooler Master - HAFXB|i7-6850K (Stock) @ 3.6GHz|ASUS X99 Deluxe II|Corsair H80i v2|32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (2x16GB)|(C:\) Samsung 950 PRO N-NAND M.2 SSD 512GB - (D:\)MTF -(E:\) MTF|EVGA GTX 1080 Superclocked 8GB-GDDR5X - 3x BenQ 24"|SoundBlaster ZX – Logitech z906 5.1|Logitech G910 Orion Spark/G502 ProteusSpectrum/G440 Pad|TM AfterburnerHOTAS (Silver) – TM Warthog – Saitek Pro Flight Peddles/Flight Yoke System & TQ|HTC Vive FCV|TrackIR 4|GTR Simulation platform|Win10Pro64Bit

I never had a problem with trim until I started using the trim.

the plane does fly horrible if not correct trimed before take off :smilewink:

little advice,

never ever trim plane in air with the T/O Trim Button (Take Off Trim Button) !!!

Edited by maquez

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube

Mine has a hard right roll immediately after takeoff, have to add lots of left aileron trim once I get her cleaned up in the air. All controllers (full CH setup) are calibrated, no wind factor, not sure if it's something I'm doing incorrectly or if something else is causing this.

I had this same problem with the CH pedals . I now cycle them at the briefing screen-problem solved . Can do in-flight as well if you forget :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I can not for the life of me get this bird to fly level, I'll have it all set up passing by the carrier at 375 at 800 feet, and i'll look away for a second and its 890 I'll fix it look back and its 720.

makes it so god damn hard to hit my numbers @ the 180 and the 90 let alone the frikken 45

what on earth am I doing wrong? I also can not get the trim on this thing to respond to anything. it literally does not work. I tried what other people said about clicking the trim once and then holding it the second time. It doesnt work man I swear.

i'm using a thurstmaster T16000M FCS is that helps troubleshoot my problem at all.

Just checked out the track you submitted. @8:00:07 you engaged the autothrottle, not sure if that

was intentional or not but maybe that's what's affecting you. :pilotfly:

Regarding the OP, I know exactly what you are talking about. Always a minimal and slightly increasing nose down or nose up.

Try not touching the trim hat at all after takeoff. I mean not at all. Its difficult not to trim as it is an almost instinctual task, but just try. I may be wrong but after a few laps around the boat without a touch of the trim hat I have found the Hornet will maintain 1G much better. As soon as I touch the trim hat I start to get that slow gradual sink or climb and it refuses to hold the 1G as well as it previously did. I have also found that by not trimming in flight at all, the nose down pitching moment upon flap deployment is greatly reduced. Worth a shot I suppose.

Edited by bigalsunit

Still getting the hang of it and I struggle sometimes with some incontinence performance. I noticed that my throttles are one 97 and another 98 (on another note, full MIL should be 100? or 100 is full AB) I Have the HOTAS Warthog and I defined each throttle to the left and right, maybe that's the problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

I have the CH set, too and have not experienced that hard right you're trimming out for, I once knocked the physical trim on the CH stick and hadn't noticed to the point where I was trimming it out in-sim, so could be worth checking that.

Yup, that's exactly what it was. The physical trim on the stick got knocked every so slightly. Doh! :doh: Thanks for the tip!

Just checked out the track you submitted. @8:00:07 you engaged the autothrottle, not sure if that

was intentional or not but maybe that's what's affecting you. :pilotfly:

was having that problem prior to even learning how to engage the ATC. thanks for taking the time to check the trk file tho. much appreciated

Regarding the OP, I know exactly what you are talking about. Always a minimal and slightly increasing nose down or nose up.

Try not touching the trim hat at all after takeoff. I mean not at all. Its difficult not to trim as it is an almost instinctual task, but just try. I may be wrong but after a few laps around the boat without a touch of the trim hat I have found the Hornet will maintain 1G much better. As soon as I touch the trim hat I start to get that slow gradual sink or climb and it refuses to hold the 1G as well as it previously did. I have also found that by not trimming in flight at all, the nose down pitching moment upon flap deployment is greatly reduced. Worth a shot I suppose.

ya i tried that, i'm slowly getting the hang of it. shes a maneuverable bird which is nice but also seems to make it hard to keep her 100%. I think its just part of the flight model. getting kind of tired of always having to fight her to keep her nose down. I tried not touching the trim at all, and its the same issue. I have to activity concentrate to keep her level. especially for those deck landings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

Yup, that's exactly what it was. The physical trim on the stick got knocked every so slightly. Doh! :doh: Thanks for the tip!

Glad it's sorted, I had that moment when flying the 51 so initially I put it down to torque-effect/reaction and just trimmed it out in-sim... but something bothered me about it as I'd not recalled it being that much before... then noticed the trim wheel on the stick off-centre, oops.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64