RCAF Sabres for DCS 2.0 by jocko417

jocko417

New RCAF bare metal skins uploaded (401 and 438 Squadrons), awaiting approval from ED.

New versions of previous bare metal skins to be updated over the next few days, including new normal maps, metal effects.

"Pete" Fernandez's F-86F-1. Includes all-black cockpit textures as seen in early F-86s.

ZqnA9e.jpg

aaniww.jpg

Ignore the drops in the above pic, older textures now updated for 2.5.

Download HERE:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1447127/

438 RCAF “Wildcats”

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301176/

401 RCAF “Rams”

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301175/

Esk.1 SAAF

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301177/

RAF No. 147 Squadron

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301178/

FAP (Portugal) 52 Squadron

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1445931/

Edited by jocko417

Very nice work there M8! Outstanding!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Jocko,

Love them! Can't wait to see the rest!

One tiny request, can we get a generic squadron skin as well that has non- historical placement of the Roundels so we can use the dynamic S/N? Oh, and maybe the tail flash up so the Same/N can appear on the tail as well?

Cheers

Yeah, I can definitely do that, was also thinking about using the Japanese style bort numbers to see if I can get dynamic numbers on the nose of the OTU skins. I really wish we still had the decals file, would make life SO much easier.

• 3 weeks later...

RAF Natural Metal Finish

I'd wanted to do a bare aluminum RAF scheme for a while, this is a generic delivery scheme based on the Long Range Ferry Unit that flew the new Sabres from Canada to the U.K. There were variations in the markings but most had some version of the red search markings for "Arctic Conspicuity" applied. Haven't decided if I'll keep the wingtips only version or the longer span one as featured in the RCAF schemes above.

vAoJRZ.jpg

0zMMTY.jpg

Other improvements for 2.5 include reworked normal maps for greater panel seam and rivet detail, plus I finally got around to adding my speed brake panel details to the NM, so the holes in the structure look 3D in the new lighting engine now.

NyDiYY.jpg

Somewhat unrelated to the topic, but I always liked this scheme :D

Very much W.I.P.

ttPEGV.jpg

izep7S.jpg

This is Esk. 2, red fuselage stripe to be added.

I think there is already a version of this skin somewhere, so I may do Esk. 1 with blue trim instead.

Sorry, leading edge slats not included...

Hi guys, typing this on my phone as my modem crapped out... skins are ready so once I get a replacement modem installed on Tuesday the skins will be uploaded ASAP. Please watch the initial post in the thread, I'll update it when the skins are accepted by ED.

Thanks for the nice comments, I'd meant to update my stuff for 2.x a while ago. No, these are not PBR ready, simply updates while we wait for the roughmet files. I'm not going to bother updating my camo schemes just yet as the paint really doesn't look good in the new lighting engine when using SPEC files. A bit of colour here and there on the aluminum skins is passable. I've made a generic RAF bare metal scheme so the Brits have something to fly while we wait for the roughmet files :) I may make a bare metal Italian scheme, and I'll update my Pete Fernandez F-86F-1 skin as well.

SAAF bare metal skins will be delayed as the fuselage stripe is a pain in the butt...

Santus, attention to detail is all I can offer as I'm no artist :)

One question before I post a bug report elsewhere, is the customizable cockpit option broken in 2.5? I can't seem to get it to work in game, it's selectable in the F-86 special options but default cockpit still exists when launching missions.

My goal is to rerelease my black and Canadair grey cockpit textures as separate downloads, for custom cockpit use, so I can exclude them from skin downloads, thus keeping the skin files as small as possible.

Canadair Sabre Mk.6 #381, coded "AC", Eskader 1, SAAF, based at AFB Pietersburg.

Updated metal effects for DCS 2.5, new normal map to simulate Canadair-built Sabre with Orenda 14 engine, SAAF pilot texture (exterior view).

Afrikaans stencils (as many as I could find).

AnxlN5.jpg

KgVBwx.jpg

KKcVlC.jpg

Based on these schemes:

286L57.jpg

rdItFV.jpg

DL link in original post.

Edited by jocko417

RAF - Generic Bare Metal scheme

Canadair Sabre F.4 of the RAF Ferry Training Unit/147 Squadron/etc.

A generic bare metal skin for the RAF based on the delivery scheme as flown on Operation Bechers Brook by the Long Range Ferry Unit, and later by 147 Squadron.

Pilot texture has 147 Squadron heraldic patches and RAF flying gear.

RDSola.jpg

M0d7bW.jpg

AWr9Ho.jpg

DL link in original post.

Edited by jocko417