GPU - ATI, whats the best

R600 AKA 2900XT are rumoured to be arround the corner, maybe next month with some unusual feratures, such as physis and onboard sound SPU (yes you read right) for 400$ price tag range. The aparent readiness of the lauch contradicts how little AMD is publicitizing it, with just few leaked benchmarks. Those I saw showed moderate gains over the 8800 cards, nothing to write home about. The pros seem to be the extra feratures I described above, plus 24X AA but the cons are extreme card size and power comsumption.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I just want something better than what ive got at the moment which unusually has no fan attached. Radeon 9550.

That Faegot computer reterd that sold me Vegas 7.0 also so me that video card and told me it was the best on the market at around november last year. . .

Never shall i return there again.

out

Is breaking the laws of gravity illegal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At the moment its posting #2 x1950xtx

There should be the x2900 on the market next month. It will be a "monster" and it surley will costs more then 600 US$. You should have a real fast computer if you consider to buy the R600 ( x2900 ).

That is not correct. The 8800gtx is about 600-650 Euros, little less US $. ATI confirmed their x2900 cards will be 150-200 bucks less than that, mostly because they manufactured their GPUs in the AMD-processing factories, which were much more sophisticated. It will also use a lot less power than the 8800 and produce less heat, accordingly.

PS: 9550 is an AGP-card

LR1Sig-Longcopy.jpg

AGP - I think...

previously i had an Nvidia geforce 4400, before i upgraded, and i think the guy was asking the same question and i told him the GPU i had at the time and hes like, AGP. (Im pretty sure)

QUESTION HERE :

I paid $110 AUD for the Radeon 9550, who thinks that was a fair deal at November Last year? Im beginning grow suspicion over this computer guy.

Is breaking the laws of gravity illegal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
That is not correct. The 8800gtx is about 600-650 Euros, little less US $. ATI confirmed their x2900 cards will be 150-200 bucks less than that, mostly because they manufactured their GPUs in the AMD-processing factories, which were much more sophisticated. It will also use a lot less power than the 8800 and produce less heat, accordingly.

Nvidia 8800 GTX - you can get the for 530 Euro at the moment.

I dont know about which R600 you speak LoneRanger, but the top model will be bigger and will need more power then anything which was on the market before...

I am on the market (June, July) to buy DX-10 video card. Where did you get all this info about new ATI card?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• ED Team

There are only very few infos Hajduk.

Google for "ATI R600 Test". The homepage which was hosting the test are not avaiable atm.

Here are some specs:

# 64 4-Way SIMD Unified Shaders, 128 Shader Operations/Cycle 
# 32 TMUs, 16 ROPs 
# 512 bit Memory Controller, full 32 bit per chip connection 
# GDDR3 at 900 MHz clock speed (January) 
# GDDR4 at 1.1 GHz clock speed (March, revised edition) 
# Total bandwidth 115 GB/s on GDDR3 
# Total bandwidth 140 GB/s on GDDR4 
# Consumer memory support 1024 MB 
# DX10 full compatibility with draft DX10.1 vendor-specific cap removal (unified programming) 
# 32FP internal processing 
# Hardware support for GPU clustering (any 2^n number, not limited to Dual or Quad-GPU) 
# Hardware DVI-HDCP support (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) 
# Hardware Quad-DVI output support (Limited to workstation editions) 
# 230W 

This card will use the full slot length of the PCI-E standard, so you better have a big case.

But he doesn't have to wait unless he plans to exchange half of his computer. He has an AGP motherboard so the strongest ATI card would be the X1950 Pro (AGP version). The strongest AGP card from Nvidia would be the Gainward 7800GS GS+ (it's 7900GT card actually with 512 MB RAM and a possibility to overclock to levels of 7950GT or more).

If he plans on waiting for the new ATI cards, he'll need a new motherboard which most probably also means a new CPU and RAM plus a new PSU.

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

That's possible, but I don't feel disappointed if it doesn't help...

As you know Lock On is more CPU oriented then GPU...

so if you wait you might get a good price drop on a Core 2 duo with MB...

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth... LOL

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

What if I chipped in an extra 1 gig of ram? How much would that help?

performance wise... pretty much nothing (unless you have 512MB to begin with :D) As many times discussed and proved before for LockOn the faster the CPU the better the performance.

No longer active in DCS...

I just want something better than what ive got at the moment which unusually has no fan attached. Radeon 9550

Me too, i'm playing LOFC with an AGP Asus 9550GE overclocked core/mem to: 450/285x2, performance as same as ATI 9600XT :D

SpOng: I think you should really concentrate on getting that CPU and MB..

Your just going to waste your money by doing this in half measures...

If your in school, the summer will be here shortly, get your self a little job and try to put some money away.. Until you have enough to do it right ..

My rig cost over $3000.00 USD, but I can get screamingly fast frame rates with just about everything on high settings..not that you'll need to spend that much.. And that's not counting the investment in controllers, which by the way should last me a lifetime without further investment ...

But the need to upgrade a PC for flight simulation is usually 2 to 3 years..

Its just something to think about Guy...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Read my post again. Price cuts.

AMD bought out ATI and is right now suffering because of it. AMD will cut the Canadian FAT. This should equal lower costs to come. I hope.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/