Last video of Wags - Rockets

vctpil

Hi,

The single rocket will be selectable via the editor.

Does that mean that the number of rockets won't be selectable in the aircraft, or is it simply not possible with the real F/A-18?

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

So, ideally, it should be available in the Re-arm in-game menu as well.

Interesting suggestion, +1 from me namely:

I have a few Target Practice ranges on various maps, to keep unit count low, I place a few empty planes, which I then rearm with whatever I want to practice for that day -in mission-.

If you can only change the rocket settings in the ME, how will it be handled when you start with an empty plane and then load up some rockets?

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

It's a physical switch on the pod, so not something a pilot can adjust mid-flight:

image174.jpg

That would only change what a single «shoot pulse» from the plane does. It would still be quite possible to program the plane’s computer to give x amount of pulses with y intervals to the pod from a single press on the pickle button. That does not mean that the f18 necessarily has this ability however. But most planes do so I don’t see why not.

Interesting suggestion, +1 from me namely:

I have a few Target Practice ranges on various maps, to keep unit count low, I place a few empty planes, which I then rearm with whatever I want to practice for that day -in mission-.

If you can only change the rocket settings in the ME, how will it be handled when you start with an empty plane and then load up some rockets?

Or at minimum a setting on the kneeboard with WoW, kinda like what the mirage does for laser code.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

That would only change what a single «shoot pulse» from the plane does. It would still be quite possible to program the plane’s computer to give x amount of pulses with y intervals to the pod from a single press on the pickle button. That does not mean that the f18 necessarily has this ability however. But most planes do so I don’t see why not.

Rocket pods do not play well with ripple pulses from the aircraft, which is why it’s done this way. All aircraft use rockets in the same way, aircraft such as the A-10C allowing ripple setting via the DSMS is DCS is a gameplay choice and is not realistic.

In addition to that, rockets simply aren’t employed that way in reality. Rockets are used as area saturation weapons, single is typically used for marking/illumination rockets, or sometimes in low intensity scenarios where the only expected targets are small numbers of dismounted troops/soft skinned vehicles.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Rocket pods do not play well with ripple pulses from the aircraft, which is why it’s done this way. All aircraft use rockets in the same way, aircraft such as the A-10C allowing ripple setting via the DSMS is DCS is a gameplay choice and is not realistic.

In addition to that, rockets simply aren’t employed that way in reality. Rockets are used as area saturation weapons, single is typically used for marking/illumination rockets, or sometimes in low intensity scenarios where the only expected targets are small numbers of dismounted troops/soft skinned vehicles.

Agreed, wondering if we'll get access to iluminating warheads for the Hydras. Probably depends on whether the Navy had access to those munitions.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16