Stick full left and throttle at full power at warm start

Hi folks,

as title says I have an issue when entering the cockpit into a hot machine. Independent on MP or SP when unpause the game the Hornet gives full throttle and a full left roll, in the air as well as on the ground. The stick is physically centered and the throttle at idle. Moving them fast to the opposite directions (stick right and throttle forth and back) gets them to work again.

In the settings the synchronization at game start is active. I have no clue what´s wrong, but it is not only me, a flight mate has the same behavior (his new call sign is "Scrap Dog" because of this).

If anyone has an idea how to fix this please tell me, otherwise this might be a bug. I didn´t find anything in this direction in this sub-forum. Normally I´m doing cold starts anyway but at a quick landing practice etc. this is kind of a show stopper for me, especially if at low altitude.

I´m running the newest openbeta on Win 10 HE 64bit. My specs are in the signature. If you need a track please let me know. Actually I have no access but time to write.

Thanks,

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Turn off 'sync' to see if that does it.

Thanks, will give it a try as I didn´t check this so far.....I will post the outcome tonight or tomorrow, depending on time.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

I had the same problem, but only with throttle. Physical throttle was at idle, but DCS registered 50% throttle position when doing a hot start in the Hornet, and only in the Hornet. I had controls sync disabled at that time. After enabling controls sync, the problem disappeared.

I just unhooked the sync option and now it seems to work. Strange but many thanks for the quite easy advice. Maybe unhooking and/or re-hooking does change it. Quite sure it does ;)

Xoxen

• 3 years later...

Awesome! thanks for this suggestion. I had the same issue with the throttle on full. 

I found a reddit post where a person apparently had double assigned thrust to his controls and I kept repeatedly searching to see if I had something like but couldn't see anything. It was driving me nuts! 😞 

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

I would also double check axis assignment. Not that you made anything wrong, it is just DCS having stupid or duplicated axis assignments by default, or after some updates. Sometimes I found the same function (pitch, roll, yaw, etc.) assigned to more than one axis at a time. For instance pitch beingn assigned to my Joystick Y axis and to the rudder pedal axis at the same time !!!

Edited by Razor18