Eject in the sea

Xilon_x

I say that with carrier ops it is a must :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

But it should be if the real seat has an built-in radio, but in DCS currently the seat is completely detached, or does pilot always have sometihng in the suit? If not radio but there is locator beacon?

For MP it could simply, if one wants, be done like this: treat pilot as cargo and hook it up with heli and take him to allied airport and it wouldn't count as a death, if the game is about K/D ratio.

I wouldn't have much other dropoff points because then it be too easy and I think it would make it interesting with airports, at least initially, so the journey back home would also be interesting, you'd have a pack of airsupport and navigate heli back home through harsh terrain, probably low on fuel, maybe even have to drop off pilot and refuel or bring in another heli to a checkpoint, this gameplay can evolve quickly even with basic support.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

When feet wet ejection happens they try to bring the fella back to the boat, isn't this the case? Talking from carrier ops standpoint.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I like the idea about "SAR" on water and land.

However I do not think it is something that anyone really want to use in multiplayer.. Lets face it when you are dead, who want to sit and wait example 1,5 - 2 houres to be picked up and flown home in a "best case scenario ".

( they cant even logout of the sim but have to be there waiting unable to do anything, no fun in that. ). People wound disconnect or respawn.

Maybe in this case, but the other option for multiplayer SAR scenario is to have a coordinated effort between players with a causality already present or about to be present, instead of rescuing each other.

And SAR at sea is probably (?) the thing people interested in SAR are most interested in. On top of implementing rescue hoist/winch functionality, and appropriate helicopters, you would need to radically change how ships and boats behave, specifically with regards to sinking (i.e make it more realistic and representative of damage sustained). On top that, though not as important, is ships actually interacting with the water, and having heave and sway implemented (instead of the seemingly randomised (and unnatural) pitching and rolling we see at present).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...
1-when the pilot falls into the sea he sinks into the abyss and dies.

2-when the pilot falls on the ground he leaves the parcadute and walks.

I request that when the pilot falls into the sea he opens the raft kit and turns on the smoke so he can be saved by a helicopter.

:thumbup:

Good proposal, I love CSAR missions too.

With best regards.

If my memory serves me correctly, with the original Lock On, when the pilot ejected over water he ended up lying on his back chilling out in a raft did he not?

Not sure why it was ever removed.

Adding a raft isn't high priority, it's not like you're just going to sit watching him bob about. It only potentially serves to save a death in the logbook (assuming you got rescued).

And I think with other priorities it'd be pointless to be rescued for the same reason above, unless you can play the role of a SAR pilot but that's probably even further off.

• 1 year later...

Glad to see other people noticed this. Unfortunately, as of FEB 2021, the pilot still dies once he hits water. It defeats the whole point of ejecting if you're over water.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, chembleton said:

If my memory serves me correctly, with the original Lock On, when the pilot ejected over water he ended up lying on his back chilling out in a raft did he not?

Not sure why it was ever removed.

Adding a raft isn't high priority, it's not like you're just going to sit watching him bob about. It only potentially serves to save a death in the logbook (assuming you got rescued).

And I think with other priorities it'd be pointless to be rescued for the same reason above, unless you can play the role of a SAR pilot but that's probably even further off.

If its true that the pilot used to survive in Lock On, it makes zero sense why he dies in DCS.

Also, I absolutely love the idea of SAR/CSAR missions. With the helos coming out now, I really hope we see this.

(forgive the necro, plz)

Edited by EagleBeak

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 12:11 AM, EagleBeak said:

Glad to see other people noticed this. Unfortunately, as of FEB 2021, the pilot still dies once he hits water. It defeats the whole point of ejecting if you're over water.

If its true that the pilot used to survive in Lock On, it makes zero sense why he dies in DCS.

Also, I absolutely love the idea of SAR/CSAR missions. With the helos coming out now, I really hope we see this.

(forgive the necro, plz)

Yeah, he used to be in a little inflatable. You couldn't do anything after that but at least he didn't die and a death recorded in logbook. 

SAR and rescue would be brilliant but they can't even update the god awful low-res rescue helo now so this would be ages away. Would make some great missions though. 

• 1 year later...