DCS: Fw 190A-8 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice!

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

guys, what thoughts? What color to leave?

Whole cockpit in RLM 66, including instrument panel, and bomb`s control box in black, that is only correct way.

e5DStmY.jpg

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• ED Team
Whole cockpit in RLM 66, including instrument panel, and bomb`s control box in black, that is only correct way.

e5DStmY.jpg

what for the plane and what year of a photo?

Я принимаю модели, а вы мучаетесь, но у вас растет мастерство!!!:book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

e5DStmY.jpg

RLM 66 yes, but nobody knows its correct color. I select color for real devices. On your photo of the panel not gray-black. The panel bomb is more dark. On my screenshot, RLM 66 from an example of color, is more dark than black and gives an error message.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I compared to some pictures and I agree with Saburo RLM 66 is definitely correct. The thing is it depends alot on lighting. The lighter parts look alot like the RLM 66 FS you posted and the darker areas with a bit more shadows or less glarey look very similar to the other RLM 66 you posted.

Edited by DefaultFace

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

RLM 66 yes, but nobody knows its correct color. I select color for real devices. On your photo of the panel not gray-black. The panel bomb is more dark. On my screenshot, RLM 66 from an example of color, is more dark than black and gives an error message.
The lighter, or faded, RLM 66 in your cockpit sample would be good enough. People will complain anyway no matter which shade you pic and well, shade is known but there were no colorimetric paint machines back then so no two paint cans were the same. That's just good enough.

With regards to the year of the pic you ask, never mind the year, at some point (late 1940 IIRC, maybe 1941) Luftwaffe orders said cockpits should be painted overall RLM 66 and that's it to the end. All Fw190 since prototypes should be painted like that since 190 was born after that orders, slight variation in shade aside.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
The lighter, or faded, RLM 66 in your cockpit sample would be good enough. People will complain anyway no matter which shade you pic and well, shade is known but there were no colorimetric paint machines back then so no two paint cans were the same. That's just good enough.

With regards to the year of the pic you ask, never mind the year, at some point (late 1940 IIRC, maybe 1941) Luftwaffe orders said cockpits should be painted overall RLM 66 and that's it to the end. All Fw190 since prototypes should be painted like that since 190 was born after that orders, slight variation in shade aside.

S!

Guys, well, RLM 66. Show me the correct sample, not a photo of 1941. If you want, give me RGB RLM 66. We have a wonderful game cursor. On RLM 66 screenshot, is more dark than black technical labels. In a viewer gives an error message. On the general perception of flowers it it is real more black, than darkly gray. RLM 66 FS is similar to gray-green, it is closer to RLM 02 that too is wrong. Give me a sample or RGB of the correct RLM 66. How to be with the directive L.Div 521 from December 1941

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, well, RLM 66. Show me the correct sample, not a photo of 1941. If you want, give me RGB RLM 66. We have a wonderful game cursor. On RLM 66 screenshot, is more dark than black technical labels. In a viewer gives an error message. On the general perception of flowers it it is real more black, than darkly gray. RLM 66 FS is similar to gray-green, it is closer to RLM 02 that too is wrong. Give me a sample or RGB of the correct RLM 66. How to be with the directive L.Div 521 from December 1941

Original equipment, not a 1941 pic. Doesn't matter which thing equipped this, RLM 66.

attachment.php?attachmentid=195964&d=1539545954

S!

RLM66_sample_1.jpg.52fb4e0f4de57568fbec8ea5f3661c6a.jpg

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

The foto is from 1945 taken by Allies, it is A or F model.

According page, links bellow, RLM66 is RAL 7021.

http://www.rlm.at/cont/archiv01_e.htm

I know that RLM 66 did not have only one shade.

For example in Jerry Crandall`s book (FW 190D, volume 2) are described six different Formulas. Unfortunately, clorours are not presented, only included pigment`s names and value for them...

In text is written that RLM 66 formulas changed 8 (eight) times between 1st December 41 and 28th April 42.

But, it is still RLM 66 and not RLM 41 presented on A-8 picture.

84108216_rlm66.thumb.JPG.fc9adcf49a927e21622fd0ff0d5b1fcf.JPG

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

• ED Team
The foto is from 1945 taken by Allies, it is A or F model.

But, it is still RLM 66 and not RLM 41 presented on A-8 picture.

there was information that devices were painted in RLM 66, here on it the device is more dark than the dashboard. What are thoughts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can only guess.

Different color supplier, different painted material, different painting conditions and so on.

As i udnderstood there were different requirements on colour`s resistance, against fire, corrosion..

It required different compounds and these slightly changed shades.

F-15E | F-14A/B

• ED Team
I can only guess.

Different color supplier, different painted material, different painting conditions and so on.

As i udnderstood there were different requirements on colour`s resistance, against fire, corrosion..

It required different compounds and these slightly changed shades.

guys, I want that everything was good! That you did not write then that color not correct.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how now?
A bit on the dark side "for my taste", but looks probably correct for a freshly painted RLM 66.

S!

• ED Team
A bit on the dark side "for my taste", but looks probably correct for a freshly painted RLM 66.

S!

sidewalls and cockpit in general, yet did not recolour. So far only dashboards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
what about the cockpit bar?? :)

did not understand a question. Formulate a question please more precisely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old joke (sort of) about the 190 in flight simulators.

9./JG27