NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Notice in the real photo that the ACMI pod is mounted on an AIM-9's launch rail (LAU-?, I forgot). I think the pod can only attach to a launch rail. Can you attach the launch rail to the pylon and then the ACMI pod to that launcher? Can you add the coding for that? Or in reality does the pod have 14" or 30" lugs for mounting on a pylon's built-in bomb rack? Actually, looking closer, it appears there is also some sort of adapter between the launcher and the pylon bomb rack. ...to be nitty gritty accurate.

Yep , mounted on a rail LAU-7 , I guess I can add it on... maybe?

There is no real function to it besides a visual model right?

If someone is able to provide some quality photos and dimensions of it. I might be interested in modelling it in as an exercise tonight. Might probably stream it too.

Yes it's only visual. I'll try to found some reference pics for modeling.

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

Specifications TACTS:

Length 138 in (Dev. SAIP 138.5 in, MSR SAIP 148 in)

Diameter 5 in

Weight 72 lbs (Dev. SAIP & MSR SAIP 83 lbs)

Suspension Prov. LAU-7

Thanks for the research. Just gathering the research and a few more bits of information and I'll begin work on it within the hour. I hope I don't run into trouble. I'll be streaming for the fun of it if you want to drop by. My twitch link is in my signature.

I added the AMCI pod, during my initial edits sent to Merker and team shortly after release. As you've seen, it doesnt have an associated rail, so it just attached to the pylon and looked goofy. But nice for an Adversary.

Do you intend to add any functionality to the ACMI pod (Air combat maneuvering instrumentation)?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Do you intend to add any functionality to the ACMI pod (Air combat maneuvering instrumentation)?

It could be fun to add it like a weapon with a very low damage rate.

Like a new gun pod with an invisible bullet that dont destroy other planes.

This , combined with the "UNIT DAMAGED" function in the mission editor , maybe , can be be used to detect hitting other planes.

It's not realistic but it could work as a BFM training environement.

Just finished a rough model of the ACMI pod. I know there are some mistakes in the model but I'll leave that for another day. This was just a practice session to figure out my workflow again.

oLsTCP5.jpg

Disclaimer: This is a render and not indicative of the actual look in the game engine. The game engine's lighting system is not this detailed but it is close.

I am having a blast with the A-4, really well done! I am quite new to DCS, the A4 release was what finally convinced me to take the plunge (in VR using Rift). I do have a couple questions though I've been unable to track down:

1. Previously on this thread a workaround for the uncalibrated VR cursor problem was to "spawn in the A4, then "change role" to another aircraft, then change back to the A4 and the cursor would align properly". Could someone describe this procedure in a little more detail? How do I "change role" in singleplayer once in-game? I tried using the F10 menu but can't find a way to change aircraft.

2. I tried a randomly generated (and quite fun) CAP mission that included heavy ground fog. On return I used the HSI to navigate back using the TACAN but couldn't figure out how to activate the ILS. It appears that the AJB-3 has the yellow needles there, caged on the left and bottom - are they functional yet? If so how do I activate them?

Many thanks again for this excellent project. Would love to try flying multiplayer sometime!

Guys, Im loving the A4 Mod in its 1.3 version...

I hosted a Multiplayer Server a few times " Top Gun A4 vs F14" as a public server with no password, but no one joined within a 1,5 hour period recently : (

Im feeling a bit sad for this beautiful mod ..

Guys we need more MP servers featuring this grreat thing ,, its a free mod !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I'd recommend downloading an existing mission and modifying one of the aircraft in it. I use GaW's "Through the Inferno" mission as my practice playground. You can easily go into the mission editor and change one of the F-5Es to an A-4E-C and change the difficulty to "Client". This can then be played in singleplayer with options for which plane to jump into.

I'm trying to follow this as outlined, and downloaded TTI, however all the parameters for each aircraft (including the client) are greyed out in the mission editor - they appear locked for editing. Do I need to do something to unlock the mission editor to edit the aircraft type and enable client use?

I'm trying to follow this as outlined, and downloaded TTI, however all the parameters for each aircraft (including the client) are greyed out in the mission editor - they appear locked for editing. Do I need to do something to unlock the mission editor to edit the aircraft type and enable client use?

1. Download Through the Inferno (Georgian Coast Region): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3063233/index.php

2. Extract the .zip file using your program of choice.

3. Open DCS

4. Click "Mission Editor"

5. Click "open mission"

6. Navigate to the file you extracted: "Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) v1.51c", click on it, then click OK

7. After the mission has loaded, zoom in on Gudata Airfield using the scroll wheel to zoom in and right click and drag to move the map around.

8. Click on one of the aircraft on the apron.

9. In the COUNTRY field make sure USA is selected from the drop down menu.

10. In the TYPE field, click on it and scroll up until you see A-4E-C and select it.

11. In the NAME field change name to A-4E-C (not required but will help you on role select)

12. Save mission.

13. Play mission.

Yes but is it possible to associate it with the TACTS pod?

Or you need to model it with the pod?

Yes you can but it’s more than just a declaration. There’s a chunk of code that needs to be written, much like how bomb racks are used. I’ll write that when I get my model into the sim.

Thank you! Following this below process I did get it to work on an instant action mission (and it did resolve the VR bug, a huge relief). For some reason on TTI though all the editable fields on the aircraft are still greyed out - I did not try step 9 though, I'll check that tonight, it might be the source of the problem.

As for my other question, I'm assuming that the ILS system just isn't implemented yet, correct?

1. Download Through the Inferno (Georgian Coast Region): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3063233/index.php

2. Extract the .zip file using your program of choice.

3. Open DCS

4. Click "Mission Editor"

5. Click "open mission"

6. Navigate to the file you extracted: "Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) v1.51c", click on it, then click OK

7. After the mission has loaded, zoom in on Gudata Airfield using the scroll wheel to zoom in and right click and drag to move the map around.

8. Click on one of the aircraft on the apron.

9. In the COUNTRY field make sure USA is selected from the drop down menu.

10. In the TYPE field, click on it and scroll up until you see A-4E-C and select it.

11. In the NAME field change name to A-4E-C (not required but will help you on role select)

12. Save mission.

13. Play mission.

As for my other question, I'm assuming that the ILS system just isn't implemented yet, correct?

Ground based ILS isn’t implemented yet. As far as I know.

Only the carrier ILS has been implemented thus far.

Hello friends, the function Shift + 1(2, 3 , 4) is not functioning in the actual version of DCS ? When i press, nothing happen and they are keybinded on the options menu by default.

Cheers!

What are those keys suppose to do? Are they for switching hud modes in FC3?

What are those keys suppose to do? Are they for switching hud modes in FC3?

In The Controls menu says:

(1)Navigation Modes : LShift + 1

(2)Beyond Visual Range Mode : LShift + 2

(3)Close Air Combat Vertical Scan Mode : LShift + 3

(4) Close Air Combat Bore Mode : LShift + 4

NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

In The Controls menu says:

(1)Navigation Modes : LShift + 1

(2)Beyond Visual Range Mode : LShift + 2

(3)Close Air Combat Vertical Scan Mode : LShift + 3

(4) Close Air Combat Bore Mode : LShift + 4

Yea. Those are not used as the A-4 doesn’t have HUD modes. It doesn’t even have a HUD, it’s just a gunsight.

Those keybinds are only for FC3 aircraft as they use simplified systems and controls.

Sorry but it was probably left there from testing a long time ago. I’ll remove them in the next patch to avoid confusion.

Yea. Those are not used as the A-4 doesn’t have HUD modes. It doesn’t even have a HUD, it’s just a gunsight.

Those keybinds are only for FC3 aircraft as they use simplified systems and controls.

Sorry but it was probably left there from testing a long time ago. I’ll remove them in the next patch to avoid confusion.

Oh Yes thanks for the response. I had seen in a video tutorial that the user have activated it and i was not able to activate and I was curious about why. Thanks for the clarification !!

Cheers!