Radar: TWS drops lock

ZHeN

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see what Razbam does after MiG-19 release, I've already given up hope for this fix before MiG-19 release

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I agree, this bug almost make me not to buy the Mirage because is kind of game breaking. I would like to hear something from the devs.

it's definitely not gamebreaking

no problems if you use wide scan modes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's definitely not gamebreaking

no problems if you use wide scan modes

But what if you have an indication from an AWACS or someone else and you need to scan a particular area much faster than the usual wide scan ? Do you have a tip for scanning a specific volume in front of you at a much faster pace ?

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Imo the stealthiness is what matters, as you won't alert other enemies in the area if you only scan a narrow angle.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Imo the stealthiness is what matters, as you won't alert other enemies in the area if you only scan a narrow angle.

I wouldn't count on that

we have radar barely working in the mirage ... we don't even have different PRF modeled

pretty sure what we have now by 'narrow' scan is just an animation for the player, not for other aircraft around

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

pretty sure what we have now by 'narrow' scan is just an animation for the player, not for other aircraft around

Now that's just plain defamation.

You should cool down or prove that one.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No PRF, really??

No PRF, really??

RDI just has high and low, no medium.

It's done to DCS standard. I already did a range test compared to F-15C (nothing better to compress to at the time), and the behavior is about the same.

LPRF miss ground return but Zeus already stated it will be added.

For the narrow scan, yes the radar scan the area shown on the radar screen, hence the now famous narrow TWS bug.

The radar scan the opposite direction of the target, and if the target is off center it will be off scan zone and finally dropped.

Yes there is bug, but this bug prove that the radar actually scan narrower sector.

So Zhen is talking BS...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

RDI just has high and low, no medium.

It's done to DCS standard. I already did a range test compared to F-15C (nothing better to compress to at the time), and the behavior is about the same.

LPRF miss ground return but Zeus already stated it will be added.

many people did tests with all PRF available - they literally make no difference in detection ranges, they're just about not allowing you to lock the target

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

many people did tests with all PRF available - they literally make no difference in detection ranges, they're just about not allowing you to lock the target

I did tests with PRF setting and they change the range at which you can detect targets. High PRF being better at long range.

Where did those "many people" post the results of their tests ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

About TWS bug, if you missed it, it's there:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3768245&postcount=148

thx! :pilotfly:

I did tests with PRF setting and they change the range at which you can detect targets. High PRF being better at long range.

Where did those "many people" post the results of their tests ?

Player - Mirage 2000C - 26,500ft

F-15C - 27,000ft

cold aspect (the one these different modes are there for):

target lost @

HFR=16nm

ENT=16nm

BFR=16nm

head on:

pop up contact @

HFR=48nm

ENT=48nm

BFR=38nm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Player - Mirage 2000C - 26,500ft

F-15C - 27,000ft

cold aspect (the one these different modes are there for):

target lost @

HFR=16nm

ENT=16nm

BFR=16nm

head on:

pop up contact @

HFR=48nm

ENT=48nm

BFR=38nm

Yep, do the same test with FC3 fighters, and you will see where the problem comes from...

Mirage fanatic !

for me from the very beginning it was clear where the problem was coming from ... and it definitely was not ED or DCS code

MED PRF in ED's F-15 is capable of detecting cold targets up to 20nm, while HI PRF is limited to 5-7nm on cold targets

I assume, same applies for the Flankers (numbers reduced by 30% due to worse radar)

I'm starting to feel I'm getting trolled hard here, looks like I took the bait

honestly, tired of arguing with you guys, you don't seem to be too interested in clearing out some broken stuff in the radar which has been there forever and never got a fix. feels like you're just making fun of me doing all these tests and deep research, meanwhile you just sit there and watch me with popcorn not even thinking of good arguments

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if only the radar was the unique issue...

just last night on open beta, the thing would only jettison the RPL when it decided to...

i guess another covered switch with a problem...

but shhhhh ! i hear the "Razbam patrol" marching in and chanting to get this thread closed... ;)

you're not alone ZHeN.

Edited by Tripleinside

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

The mid-life overhaul was initially planned for the end of 2018, I'm willing to wait for May 2019 as they announced this time frame as their new deadline to deliver it.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

M2000C mid-life overhaul is in progress, including radar. (based on AdA feedback)

Dev. has stated that this bug will be crushed during the radar overhaul.

It will be fixed. Probably within a few months as HUD/PCA updates are scheduled first.

"Scheduled" first yes, but I even stated to Zeus here that working TWS is WAY more important than other things https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3769728#post3769728

Personally counting (expecting Razbam) on this fix within 1-2 months.

Schmidt do you ever play PvP? Yes or no? I can't remember ever having seen your name on BlueFlag for example...