Radar: TWS drops lock

ZHeN

... there are far older bugs around for finished modules and noone bats an eye.

Like which one/ones?

If they want, they could also just run away with your money like someone else.
yes but then in theory one could start with that lawyer stuff etc. -.- (theory)

Be happy that they even brought you the Mirage.
I am, and I showed my happyness by having paid my hard earned money for it, I even bought it in an early stage long ago to support Razbam to this only european DCS fighter that we have....
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but for example a call to boycott the MiG-19 or then even a petition to ED to temporarily suspend the Razbam share of the M2000-sales revenue until they fix it (this TWS PvP-bug), as it seems Razbam doesn't seem to fulfill their M2000-part of their contract with ED.

Daniel you better check your online threats !!! You can get in much more legal trouble then you already are (banned from servers/discord channels) with these threats!

Razbam is doing a M2K overhaul (with some releases in January according to Zeus) and with ED finishing (hopefully) work on DCS radar, we should hopefully see some good changes this year!!

You need to take a breath, stop and think before posting! :P

For example: 190, 109, (both with the quite big MW-50 bug), P-51 (6+ month old bugs exist) and some more...

The Mirage is not the only european DCS Fighter by the way. As far as I know, Germany, Great Britain and parts of russia are also european. So we have the Spitfire, 190, 109 and you don't probably count them to that but the Su-27/33 would also fit in there.

If you adopt this posture with every module that already have old bugs still not fixed you will find you cant fly anything under DCS.

Maybe is time to move to something else you and your money.

Not to be a fifth wheel here, but he kinda has a good point. I can t think of another game breaking bug than this one. Cant shoot your enemy because a lock drops? That is pretty bad. Unless you know of a worse bug?

Razbam is doing a M2K overhaul (with some releases in January according to Zeus) and with ED finishing (hopefully) work on DCS radar, we should hopefully see some good changes this year!!

That's good to hear, I only wonder where Zeus wrote that about january. ?

And I only meant modern fighters, razor. And Flanker is russian afaik.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

As he has beein told, this bug only affects when you use sectorial scan patterns, so yes is an important bug but also at least for the majority of us, can be avoided just using the wide scan pattern.

What is not such a good point is the menace of boycotts and campaigns against Razbam.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I DID, the M2000 only is a good fighter in PvP vs. AIM-120B armed aircraft when sectoral scan works! AIM-7 is no big deal, S530 outranges that. But many PvP servers have -120B enabled. Good luck being stealthy & surviving without a working sectoral scan (to not be discovered by F-15s+18s obviously)

You're doing petitions and other stuff for a 6 months old bug in a module that is still in development/not finished and yet, there are far older bugs around for finished modules and noone bats an eye.

Maybe you should calm down a bit and wait for the completion of the module. Or turn down your expectations.

No matter what you do, it won't change their way of developing things. If they want, they could also just run away with your money like someone else. Be happy that they even brought you the Mirage.

Just saying, you should check the ED store. The Mirage is out of Early Access/Beta for over 6 months(nearly a year?). So, this module is considered finished/out of beta by the the dev...:music_whistling:

Sorry for being OT.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Just saying, you should check the ED store. The Mirage is out of Early Access/Beta for over 6 months(nearly a year?). So, this module is considered finished/out of beta by the the dev...:music_whistling:

Sorry for being OT.

Of course it says that on the shop website. But a recent thread of the devs says it's getting an overhaul, which indicates it's still in development, or am i wrong there?

No you're right.

And from workflow logic, it makes sense that they gathered data about what to correct with EC 2/5, then dedicate a period of time to address all the issues when it's "Mirage time" rather than chase bugs here and there on Harrier & Mirage.

I would have preferred to have it 100% finished and accurate on day one. But given the available data, it was not possible.

The project isn't left for dead, that's the most important. Repeating the same bug other and other isn't helping.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Of course it says that on the shop website. But a recent thread of the devs says it's getting an overhaul, which indicates it's still in development, or am i wrong there?

No you're right.

And from workflow logic, it makes sense that they gathered data about what to correct with EC 2/5, then dedicate a period of time to address all the issues when it's "Mirage time" rather than chase bugs here and there on Harrier & Mirage.

I would have preferred to have it 100% finished and accurate on day one. But given the available data, it was not possible.

The project isn't left for dead, that's the most important. Repeating the same bug other and other isn't helping.

Guys, i have absolutely nothing against a dev improving his modul if new resources appear, who would?

But to be clear, a couple of years ago Razbam's only modul was the M-2000C and Zeus himself told us, back then, that the implementation of feature x(was it the PCN, i don't know/care anymore) is wrong and to fix this he had to rewrite the whole code for that feature. And then he was "gone". For months nothing, "only" FM and artistic updates(which were welcome/appreciated). After some more months we knew why, ED had a deal with Razbam to showcase the Harrier on a exhibition/show. OK, fine, now back to the Mirage? No, it was put out of Early Access and work was focused on the next Early Access modul. This left a bad taste in my mouth.

Years later we get the info they now work together with the french airforce and are improving the Mirage. I realy hope they finish the Mirage one day, but until then no Razbam modul for me. Which is a shame considering the uniqe flying characteristic of the Harrier and that they are doing the Mig-23. I would love to fly this bird again after they publish their overhaul but for now the Mirage went from my #1 modul to go in DCS to a fly once every couple of months modul. It's just my feel about the Mirage/Razbam, your experience may differ and i'm totaly fine with that, happy flying for you. :joystick:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

"EC 2/5" = ? Jojo?

Also, did Razbam announce in what month they will start the M2000 radar overhaul? PLEASE don't tell me after MiG-19 has been released. That would be worst marketing for DCS M2000 ever (because of the bug in this thread, and most new buyers will see this thread before they buy it and then not buy it when they see that TWS doesn't even work. Razbam can have 2-3x as many M2000 module sales from the day that this bug is fixed)

"EC 2/5" = ? Jojo?

Also, did Razbam announce in what month they will start the M2000 radar overhaul? PLEASE don't tell me after MiG-19 has been released. That would be worst marketing for DCS M2000 ever (because of the bug in this thread, and most new buyers will see this thread before they buy it and then not buy it when they see that TWS doesn't even work. Razbam can have 2-3x as many M2000 module sales from the day that this bug is fixed)

Check this here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3726124&postcount=7

Aaaah thanks! Though RDI radar should be 1st, not the unimportant "Poste de Commande Armement (PCA): Weapons Control Panel

and

Poste de Preparation Armement (PPA): Weapons Configuration Panel" things...

Aaaah thanks! Though RDI radar should be 1st, not the unimportant "Poste de Commande Armement (PCA): Weapons Control Panel

and

Poste de Preparation Armement (PPA): Weapons Configuration Panel" things...

they did not say anywhere in what order the changes will come.

The list is not a priority list or what-will-be-updated-first-list. Or at least they didn't write this anywhere.

Ok very very good.

"EC 2/5" = ? Jojo?

Just to avoid any sort of confusion that might spread out of comment like this: I HAVE NOTHING TO DO IN ANY FORM WITH EC 2/5.

Thanks Daniel.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 2 weeks later...

I confirm this situation too.

I tried different situations, with different target (jamming ones, no jams, fighters, cargo, awacs) and the problem is present only in narrow mode.

Also, Jojo as you seem to be good with it (no joke I'm serious) can you try and confirm that when searching in narrow mode 30 or 15° and especially when you're cranking you lost the TWS infos or PSID lock even the PSIC lock.

No need to argue on how the radar works and how to use it I'm fine.

For me it is a bug, the radar just looses the contacts/locks and you have to re-aquire it (which is a pain in the ass for BVR engagments).

Thanks !

Radar still drops lock after today's patch DCS 2.5.4.26368.

obviously... but hey, you're in this forum just since recently (august), so I can forgive you.

It's RAZBAM who is to be held responsible here, James Needham hasn't replied to this thread a single time yet, I can only image he ignores it on purpose... ?

(=DECOY= ,that's his forum handle, he's community manager since end october, he's still active on the forum according to his profile)

apparently Razbam planned to do an avionics overhaul (as in their announcement from end december here ), but neither DECOY nor Zeus67 stated whether they already started working on this TWS bug... (even though I reported this bug in beginning of october already, with a trackfile, in that bug report neither of them replied either...)

Edited by DanielNL

edited. (also, 2700 thread views here already, awesome! Let's keep it going, let's show how important TWS is to us loyal multiplayer M2000 pilots)

edited. (also, 2700 thread views here already, awesome! Let's keep it going, let's show how important TWS is to us loyal multiplayer M2000 pilots)

Sure, it will probably attract the dev but please, and this is for you Daniel : be constructive.

We all agree that it's been a loooong time since the bugs exist and that it shouldn't be the case for a module like that but hey that's the way it is...

Be constructive please.

I'm constructive, by bringing to attention that a post by Zeus/decoy stating the progress on TWS bugfix code is appropriate, after more than 3 months of waiting.

observing.gif