Temporary down time

Just droping by to say my chalengers yesterday online that I did not Run away... :D Its just that my PC suffered consecutive blue screens and I will start a series of RMA processes today. I used to have BSOD only with anti virus and firewalls but yesterday things got much more serious and I decided enough is enough to the mysterious problem thats causing it. I plan to start RMA'ing the mem's first, if that doesnt sort it, Ill continue with the MOBO, GFX and so on so forth.

Be back in a few days. Cheers.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Cant be a virus, the Synptoms were observed since the very first virgin OS install. I just tolerated it along this time untill it started to become more serious. Thx for the suggestion anyway.

My PC specs below:

Im calling RAM!!! ..... and im in the same boat.... I swear there is something with high end D9 chips on RAM.

P965 and its new brother P35 were not overtly known to eat ram, but that doesn't stop alot from dying on them...

Ok... enough of me interjecting my own theory onto your trouble shooting but escalating problems + BSOD sounds like Ram to me...

While you wait... Read away (second one is me)

Interesting read

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139544

My GSkill problem (on going)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=140505

BTW.... the heatspreaders all ok? Did you loosen timings to any effect? Pin down one suspect stick (use HCI memtest in windows)....

Funny thing you meantion the heat spreaders, TEAM ELITE ones are simply glued on and they were slighly bent outwards when I removed them. They were hot too (not too much) and I noticed the chips in the center are not contacted, on both sticks. I assume the spreaders are there just to make it look pretty. These are not realy high end anyway. I ran everything with default settings.

My PC specs below:

Just droping by to say my chalengers yesterday online that I did not Run away... :D Its just that my PC suffered consecutive blue screens and I will start a series of RMA processes today. I used to have BSOD only with anti virus and firewalls but yesterday things got much more serious and I decided enough is enough to the mysterious problem thats causing it. I plan to start RMA'ing the mem's first, if that doesnt sort it, Ill continue with the MOBO, GFX and so on so forth.

As you know I've the same brand RAMs. I paid so much money, but that's worth of it. I use them like 4-3-3-9 timing without problem. By the way good luck with RMA process.

xtreem_d2_dc.jpg

2*1GB Dual Channel

PC2-6400 800MHz 4-4-4-10

64x8 DDR2 MICRON D9 CHIPS

240pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered DDR2 SDRAM DIMM

Aluminum Heat-spreader

6 Layers Ultra Low Noises Shielded PCB

Retail Package

Operating Voltage: 2.0V - 2.2V

Lifetime Warranty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Mines TEAM ELITE 5-5-5-15, not Xtream. Cheers.

My PC specs below:

Cant be a virus, the Synptoms were observed since the very first virgin OS install. I just tolerated it along this time untill it started to become more serious. Thx for the suggestion anyway.

No worries! Hope you get it sorted out.

Is breaking the laws of gravity illegal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you also can do is head over to http://www.memtest86.com/ and yank down the ISO-image, burn it onto a CD and boot your comp with it. Good to check if it's the mems that has bellyflopped or not. Might be a good thing to check before you start RMA'ing, since it can save you a lot of hassle and bother :)

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

I already did that. I ran 2 hours of it and it kept passing the tests, but I also keep reading this means nothing, they can still be bad and pass those tests.

My PC specs below:

I already did that. I ran 2 hours of it and it kept passing the tests, but I also keep reading this means nothing, they can still be bad and pass those tests.

true.

I just RMA'ed a couple sticks, they always passed memtest but they were quite unable to boot to OS, they shut down the PC every time!

Just so you guys know, Intel released some erratta pertaining to the Core 2 Duo processors, detailing a number of bugs ... over a hundred of them, some of which can cause CTDs. Not all will be fixed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What you also can do is head over to http://www.memtest86.com/ and yank down the ISO-image, burn it onto a CD and boot your comp with it. Good to check if it's the mems that has bellyflopped or not. Might be a good thing to check before you start RMA'ing, since it can save you a lot of hassle and bother :)

By many accounts memtest86 lost its luster on intel boards, using HCI memtest in windows will more likely throw errors.

Pilotasso, what do you mean when you removed them? Did your kit come without them (i know alot of Team does?)...

To me that will do it... Extended, no contact usage even at stock with probably no fan over them.

LOL I have never seen bad ram pass memtest , thats a bunch of horseshit.

HOWEVER THE Intel Q6600 QUAD CPU IS ONE OF THE PROBLEM CPUS.

Intell is not so attractive the last two weeks that this news has been out.

GOOD LCUK

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Pilotasso, what do you mean when you removed them? Did your kit come without them (i know alot of Team does?)...

I removed them immidiatly after shutdown, the heatspeaders were hot right off the slot and I noticed the spreaders were bent outwards with the heat.

I could see glue streching out from the midle chips to the lifted part of the heat spreader.

EDIT:

Intel releases Core 2 chip Bios fix

Intel has released a BIOS patch for Windows machines running Core 2 and Xeon 3000/5000 chips that addresses potential unpredictable system behavior.

The update is recommended for users running an Intel Core2 Duo E4000 and E6000, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600, Intel Core2 Extreme X6800 and QX6700, Dual-COre Intel Xeon 5100 and Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5300.

HP lists the "microcode reliability update" as a critical fix that can "leave a workstation in an unstable condition, which could potentially result in system lockups or failures, or data corruption or loss." HP reports the issue was found in a synthetic test environment during quality control testing.

Symptoms include mouse and keyboard failure, Windows Blue Screen of Death, and Linux generating a kernel panic.

While news of the patch has circulated suggesting catastrophic importance, Intel spokesman Nick Knupffer said the probability of encountering an issue is low, and has not been reported in any commercial situations or real-world environments.

"I'll put it to you this way," Knupffer said. "I've got a core chip at home and I haven't updated."

Large problem or no, Intel and its OEMs recommend users download the patch as a precaution. Users can download the BIOS update from Microsoft's support site (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=936357) or from Intel OEM vendors.

Specification updates for the affected processors are available at http://developer.intel.com.

Keyboard failiure and BSOD's data corruption and system umpredicatble behaviour are some of the Symptoms I am getting. RAM's are on RMA, but I might try this fix too.

My PC specs below:

My suggestion would be: “Set everything on default in your bios”

and only use CPU multiplier for overclocking! :thumbup:

Good luck anyway!

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Recieved new mems back today. They fixed my problems. Cheers!

My PC specs below:

Recieved new mems back today. They fixed my problems. Cheers!

fwiw .... The intel microcode fix STOPPED my problems (see my linked threads) ... I have no idea how... but they are gone

I installed the fix... lowered timings and rasied FSB and I'm back at 3.5Ghz...

I would strongly urge though that if your system is not acting badly that you do NOT install it... If its not broke then dont fix it

Check this out. I was messing around in the bios and i managed to clock my CPU a little bit. I have a AMD A64 3500+ just to remind you.

DSC00070-1.jpg

It's not photoshop, i was messing around and i almost fried my CPU, had to default all settings and that's when i saw this :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ugh nevermind..... BSOD'd this morning at idle.... "Memory_Management"

Swap mem modules.

My PC specs below:

Check this out. I was messing around in the bios and i managed to clock my CPU a little bit. I have a AMD A64 3500+ just to remind you.

It's not photoshop, i was messing around and i almost fried my CPU, had to default all settings and that's when i saw this :megalol:

LOL ... a little? I guarantee you didn't boot it like that. Unless you're about to tell us you're on LN2

5Ghz...

Perhaps AMD held back on the Athlon 64 and it really could do 6Ghz on air with CnQ enabled and the HT to auto? :huh: lol

Pilotasso ... I know... I'm just trying different things... as it stands im pissed at GSkill... 3 RMA's

Corsair and Kingston are your best bet IMHO. Corsair has excelent reputation here.

My PC specs below:

Corsair and Kingston are your best bet IMHO. Corsair has excellent reputation here.

Well yes and no... Buy RAM from the place with the best Customer service and heatsink solutions (e.g. adhesives)...thats easy enough...

However...I'm not certain from company to company, but one should also buy RAM that has realistic testing/binning and SPD metrics... but those aren't always known.

Take my Gskill's for example... Iirc they are Crucial/Micron from the PCB to the IC's... the only thing they mess with is the SPD and they possibly have their own binning process... It's the binning process I'm skeptical of... If GSkill is zapping them with too many volts on purpose or by faulty equipment then screw them! lol

It's all up for grabs when it comes to D9's (btw...all made by Micron) it seems, the thread from XSytems proves it... Thus it's all about the customer service they have...

In the end though... I'm going with OCZ, Crucial, or Corsair next time...