DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

As I read in DCS news, we will get F-16 CJ blk. 50. Can anyone give me a loadouts for this variant?

Probably at least what the F-18 is getting. Plus maybe more????

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

This is what is listed for the F-18

Sensors:

A/A radar with RWS, STT, and ACM modes

Weapons:

Mk-82 series

Mk-83 series

Mk-84 series

CBU-99 and Mk-20 Cluster Bombs

BDU-33 Training Bomb

BDU-45 Training Bomb

2.75 inch rockets

5 inch rockets

20mm cannon

AIM-9L/M and CATM Sidewinder

AIM-7F/M Sparrow

Following the early access release, we plan to include many more sensors, weapons, and decoys for the final product. Please note that this list is also subject to change:

Sensors:

A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL

A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA

AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

Link-16

AWW-13 Datalink Pod

NVGs

Weapons:

AGM-88C HARM

AGM-45A/B Shrike

AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon

AGM-84E SLAM

AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER

AGM-65E Maverick

AGM-65F Maverick

AGM-154A JSOW

AGM-154C JSOW

Walleye I ER/DL

Walleye II ER/DL

GBU-10 Paveway II

GBU-12 Paveway II

GBU-16 Paveway II

GBU-24B/B Paveway III

GBU-38 JDAM

GBU-31 JDAM

GBU-32 JDAM

AIM-9X Sidewinder

AIM-7P Sparrow

AIM-120B/C AMRAAM

Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine

Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine

Mk-77 Fire Bomb

Decoys:

ADM-141 TALD

GEN-X

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, Kayos. I think its almost the same loadout like the Hornet. But I think F-16CJ can carry a bigger assortment of guided boms, If im not wrong.

Yep, the F-16 can carry more types than the F-18. Let's hope they add them all in :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I read in DCS news, we will get F-16 CJ blk. 50. Can anyone give me a loadouts for this variant?

It depends which block 50 they model. If they do a frankenviper and combine all block 50 from 1995 to 2018, you can load everything.

If they model USAF F-16C block 50 from 2012;

Mk-82 series

Mk-84 series

BDU-33 Training Bomb

2.75 inch rockets

20mm cannon

AIM-9L/M/X and CATM Sidewinder

AIM-120A/B/C/D AMRAAM and subversion

AGM-88 HARM Different versions on LAU-118 only

AGM-65 A, B, D, G, H, K Maverick on LAU-117 only

AGM-154A,B JSOW

AGM-158

GBU-10/B, A/B, C/B, D/B, E/B, G/B, H/B, J/B

GBU-12/B, A/B, B/B, C/B, D/B

GBU-24/B, A/B

EGBU-27A/B

GBU-38/B JDAM

GBU-31 JDAM

GBU-54 LJDAM

CBU-87, 89, 97, 103, 104, 105, and 107

M129EI, E2

A/A37U-36

LAU-3/A, C/A, D/A; LAU-68A/A, B/A and LAU-131/A

MK 106

SUU-20 A/A, B/A

BLU-107/B

BLU-109/B

MXU-648 Travel Pod

High Speed Airdrop Container (HISAC)

ARC-235

ADM-160

Edited by mvsgas
  • Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It depends which block 50 they model. If they do a frankenviper and combine all block 50 from 1995 to 2018, you can load everything.

If they model USAF F-16C block 50 from 2012;

Mk-82 series

Mk-84 series

BDU-33 Training Bomb

2.75 inch rockets

20mm cannon

AIM-9L/M/X and CATM Sidewinder

AIM-120A/B/C/D AMRAAM and subversion

AGM-88 HARM Different versions on LAU-118 only

AGM-65 A, B, D, G, H, K Maverick on LAU-117 only

AGM-154A,B JSOW

AGM-158

GBU-10/B, A/B, C/B, D/B, E/Band, G/B, H/B, J/B

GBU-12/B, A/B, B/B, C/B, D/B

GBU-24/B, A/B

EGBU-27A/B

GBU-38/B JDAM

GBU-31 JDAM

GBU-54 LJDAM

CBU-87, 89, 97, 103, 104, 105, and 107

M129EI, E2

A/A37U-36

LAU-3/A, C/A, D/A; LAU-68A/A, B/A; and LAU-131/A

MK 106

SUU-20 A/A, B/A

BLU-107/B

BLU-109/B

MXU-648 Travel Pod

High Speed Airdrop Container (HISAC)

ARC-235

ADM-160

Waow! The F-16 is truly a seasoned multirole aircraft.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Wishlist:

- Add as well two-seater D model with a system similar to Jester of the F-14 modul.

- Add DTC (Data Transfer Cartridge).

- Sell a special embroidery patch for this modul (insert "take my money" meme here :)) (you can extend this to the another moduls).

- Talk with Thrustmaster for make a new version of the Cougar with the quality of the Warthog (insert again the meme xD).

- Nord/South Korea map??? :)

- Create an infographic that explains to my family because it will stop seeing me for a long time, that they know that I am well, I am simply in a better place.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Is there any chance to get an EA of DCS:F-16 in spring of 2019?

No

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Wishlist:

- Add as well two-seater D model with a system similar to Jester of the F-14 modul.

-

Except for some very specific F-16, most two seaters are set up for training. So the rear cockpit MFD/CMFD just copy the front ones. Most don't even have a Aft Seat Heads Up Monitor (ASHM). It would take you longer to talk to the guy in the back to tell him what you want that to just switch the stuff your self through HOTAS or the ICP/UFC

Does the F-16CJ have CFTs?

Not sure why everyone is asking about CFT. It depends what versions they model. Even countries that carry CFT, are often seen with wing tanks.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

mvsgas, Thats true. I`ve read also that the only difference between F-16CJ blk.50 and blk.52 is their engines.

Generally speaking, originally the engine and the intake.

To whom it may concern,

I am very curious to see how they will implement HTS avionics, since this pod is classified. The HTS pod is not even exportable to foreign countries .... they do SEAD using AGM-88 Harm sensor ... we will see.

Not sure about that. Al tho HTS pod is not seen of F-16 outside of the USAF, other countries do have extra antennas and bulges. Not sure what equipment is behind those.

Look of photos of ROKAF KF-16C block 52, some of those even have the Wide Angle Raster (WAR) HUD. But you can see additional antennas under the intake.

Another example is F-16I and Singapore AF 52+.

The Danish F-16AM can carry additional equipment on specially modified Pylons and so on.

So I dare say it depends. I doubt we could find info online about those systems.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

And? I'm not very good at riddles

To whom it may concern,

SEAD and DEAD are different.

SEAD is mainly focussing on destroying the Fire guidance radar: If you take the SA-2 for example, the SEAD mission will be to destroy the Fan Song hindering the SAM to fire at you. Or SEAD can also be deceptive in nature, SAM operators on the ground knowing there are HARM shooters in the air they won´t emit.

DEAD is going after the whole SAM site, radars, emitters, launchers and support equipment. But for that you need a precise location or to know the area in which the SAM site is.

Intel plays a big role and if you can for example extract coordinates for the Spoon Rest radar, you can launch a cruise missile at it. The end result is the same in the case of targeting the Spoon Rest, but the way it is done is different. In the SEAD mission usually you are looking for the SAM site, provoking it to emit and then shoot at it.

For the DEAD mission you don´t look at being known to look for it. Let´s take the French Air Force for example. Doing very low level ingress to the target, launching a SCALP missile on the Fan Song coordinates and then let the missile hit the site.

In a SEAD mission there can be a mix of both SEAD and DEAD. One element shooting AGM-88´s and the other element targeting the site with SDB´s, Mavericks, or IAM or LGB´s. Cluster munitions work too.

At the beginning of a conflict, we can assume that you will see more SEAD and the middle of the conflict you will see more DEAD missions.

All what i wrote is based on what i understood and from my very limited experience in combat flight sim.

When the F-16CJ got the implementation of more sophisticated weapons and sensors like the SNIPER pod, IAM´s, LGB´s (lasing your own target) and other gucci stuff, they effectively were able to perform SEAD and DEAD.

I know all that, but, what does that have to do with how they implement the HTS pod and if countries without the HTS pods have the capabilities with internal systems?

To whom it may concern,

I know all that, but, what does that have to do with how they implement the HTS pod and if countries without the HTS pods have the capabilities with internal systems?

It has to do with the fact that those systems we are talking about, HTS and internal equipments on dorsal spins ... you won´t be able to reproduce them because they are classified.

I said in my first post that i am curious on how they will implement those since you can´t find public data about it.

Then you talked about different avionics suites on different F-16 variants.

I then just went on about how SEAD is not the only option to go about SAM sites, that because of the lack of HTs pod some countries do go about DEAD.

Then you said something about my comment about SEAD abd DEAD and i just answered. But my statement about SEAd and DEAD wasn´t a riddle.

It has to do with the fact that those systems we are talking about, HTS and internal equipments on dorsal spins ... you won´t be able to reproduce them because they are classified.

I said in my first post that i am curious on how they will implement those since you can´t find public data about it.

Then you talked about different avionics suites on different F-16 variants.

I then just went on about how SEAD is not the only option to go about SAM sites, that because of the lack of HTs pod some countries do go about DEAD.

Then you said something about my comment about SEAD abd DEAD and i just answered. But my statement about SEAd and DEAD wasn´t a riddle.

They’re classified to the general public. But more then likely ED has access to resources and documentation that not everyone is privileged too. They definitely did with the hornet. My point is they wouldn’t attempt it otherwise. So they must know things we don’t.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer: