New to DCS. Can somebody please tell me how I can create new Instant Action mission?

....so I can have instant action missions for the A4E Skyhawk on the Nevada map. I am very new to DCS and rely on the instant action missions to get going.

I purchased and installed the Nevada map but it doesnt look like there are any instant actions missions for the A4E on this map. Id just like the basics, like a cold start, take off from runway or already flying type deal. Is this difficult to set up?

thank you

You need to get to mission editor, not instant action. Icons are easy to figure out. You just have to remember to change the skill to “player”

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

You need to get to mission editor, not instant action. Icons are easy to figure out. You just have to remember to change the skill to “player”

Hi revs,

thank you for the reply.

Is there a YouTube video out there that can explain how to set up a quick instant action (like a takeoff from runway).

I loaded a pre-made mission, like the TU51 taking off from Vegas. However I am not seeing a TU51 on a runway. In any event, I changed the plane to the A4E, saved the mission in the right folder. When I restart DCS, I am still not seeing a quick action option for the A4E and Nevada

plenty of videos on the net. look up "DCS mission editor. also you can play the mission from mission editor or "mission" when you saved it, and not on instant action.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

Hi revs,

thank you for the reply.

Is there a YouTube video out there that can explain how to set up a quick instant action (like a takeoff from runway).

I loaded a pre-made mission, like the TU51 taking off from Vegas. However I am not seeing a TU51 on a runway. In any event, I changed the plane to the A4E, saved the mission in the right folder. When I restart DCS, I am still not seeing a quick action option for the A4E and Nevada

Try and open your mission through the "Mission" option in stead.

Since the T-51 does not have any weapons in it, there are no "instant action" missions for it. It is a free experience to fly a propeller plane in DCS.

To get started > go to Mission Editor either choose a coalition or not, it doesn't matter just accept and then in the map on the left choose the aircraft icon and click on either anywhere on the map or a base. then name your unit and then on the right pop up name and choose country and aircraft type choose anything in yellow lettering and then left click around an area you want to fly. Click on waypoint zero, you have a choice (default is in the air) either leave it or choose from a listing like hot on the ramp, with the plane ready to taxi and take off, on the runway, no need to taxi, or on the ramp and you will need to start it up and taxi to take off. I am assuming you have already went into the controls menu to set up your joystick controls. There are plenty of videos and I believe there are training videos to help you get your feet wet. If you are trying the game simulation I can't help there, I have never used it. I forgot you need to choose skill level in the popup menu as player which should be in yellow in order for you to fly it. Plenty of help just go to you tube and search DCS .

Hey BlackReef welcome to this wonderful community and forum!

I think that since this is New Year, I wanted to hep and give you a direct link to a few good tutorials.

But first off, lets make one thing clear : you want to make yourself some simple MISSIONs and not INSTANT ACTION. Just go to the MISSION EDITOR and make yourself whatever simple mission you want. You can read the appropriate section in the DCS WORLD 2.5 MANUAL it is very well explained.

Here is a couple of links for some video tutorials:

try

one

and

one also

There is a very good series of rather quick and to the point turorials from SUNSTAG here is a LINK for his Youtube where you will find what he calls his MISSION EDITOR SANCTUARY. There are 20 good videos on mission editing.

But if you want to get going real quick, open the mission editor, select your aircraft on the left panel (AC ICON), clik on the map close to an airport and give the waypoint the role of TAKEOFF FROM RUNWAY. As mentionned before, set your SKILL to PLAYER (this is a catch for newbies)... and just clik on the FLY icon on the left...

Have fun and I hope you can start to enjoy this wonderful sim!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D