How leave the AACQ

Skyracer

How leave the AACQ?

I tried the undesignate button, but no success.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Sensor switch aft

to leave AACQ with "change to vertical scan" VS ?

where VS is an automode ?

i was wondering too that the undesignate button does not work ...

my behaviour:

i change my weapon type ...

to reset radar screen :(

and then change back to AACQ ...

too much ...

to leave AACQ with "change to vertical scan" VS ?

where VS is an automode ?

i was wondering too that the undesignate button does not work ...

my behaviour:

i change my weapon type ...

to reset radar screen :(

and then change back to AACQ ...

When in aacq, sensor switch down does not go into vertical ACM mode, it just goes back to RWS.

Just assign the sensor switch FwD, AFT, LEFT, and RIGHT. They have specific actions depending the submode you are in

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

When in aacq, sensor switch down does not go into vertical ACM mode, it just goes back to RWS.

Just assign the sensor switch FwD, AFT, LEFT, and RIGHT. They have specific actions depending the submode you are in

I can confirm this is correct.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Hmmmm. DCS F/A-18C Dash 1 states:

"Aft: .....When in A/A mode, this assigns the TDC to the AMPCD SA page. If in an A/A ACM sub-mode, this puts radar in vertical acquisition (VACQ). If in NAV mode, this toggles the AMPCD between the HSI, SLEW, and SA pages in that order."

Is the Dash 1 out of date?

Nope- these are true it seems-- but we are speaking of another situation in which you are not into simple AA mode or a ACM mode but in AACQ sub mode

And yes. by down I mean aft. Not sure the sensor switch actually has a down position.

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Getting out of acm mode is relatively easy, hit NWS/undesignate. Getting out of flood mode is another matter. Sensor right won't do it, that's how you select a target. If you get stuck you can hit the obs button labelled "RWS" but you may have to reset your parameters. Or, return to nav mode by deselecting both a/a and a/g near your master arm switch.

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Or simply change weapon and you will be out of ACM

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I evidently lied, I cant reproduce getting out of AACQ by hitting the RWS obs button. So, I've found two options.

1. Nav mode.

2. Sensor forward. This will put you into boresight mode if you don't have helmet cueing on, or HACQ if you do. Then, either NWS/undesignate, OR RWS obs button

Either way, your settings in AACQ (range, azimuth) will be unchanged when you exit to RWS.

If you select another missile, you'll still be in AACQ only now with the new missile defaults.

That's what its doing for me. Today.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder