Can't enter more than 2 digits of laser code on first attemp - cant replicatet.

Chris935

This has been happening pretty consistently for me after take-off from a cold start on online play.

I'll take off, head towards the target area, and double click the appropriate sensor select switch to bring up the LST so I can change the laser code from 1111 to something else. The first two digits enter as normal, but after that the buttons become unresponsive, trying to enter 1688 gives 1, 6, click, click, click... I press ENT, and it goes back to 1111. I start typing the code again and it works properly the second time.

I haven't tried bringing up the code with the MPCD button instead, I've always been SSSing to the LST.

Chris

Try this way :

- activate DMT on the right mfd (using the mfd buttons)

- click the left-top mfd button that reads "code"

- enter a code (e.g. 1688 ) on the UFC and press ENT

- kill stuff with laser guided ordnance ;)

Edited by davidp57

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 2 weeks later...

@crcr7: never had any problem with laser code ; does it reset to 1111 ?

@Nealius : the radio freq entry is definitively a bug ; not sure it's been reported, but I for one systematically press a digit then CLR and then enter the freq, else the dot button will not work.

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 1 month later...

1. on a MP server (not sure it is important but that's how I play)

2. starting cold (because who doesn't ?)

3. whenever entering a freq. on com1 (probably also com2 although I'm not sure), the first time I press the digit buttons on the UFC it's impossible to enter a dot (.) ; if I press "clear" then it's ok and I can do it

Again, PM me if you need help on reproducing this ; I can make a video maybe ?

I've also seen this. Any time I try to change laser code only two digits will enter, additional button presses do nothing. But the second time you can enter the entire code.

PC

i7 7700k

Gigabyte Z270

MSI GTX 1070

32gb DDR4

500gb EVO 850 SSD DCS

500gb EVO 960 NVMe SSD Windows

1. on a MP server (not sure it is important but that's how I play)

2. starting cold (because who doesn't ?)

3. whenever entering a freq. on com1 (probably also com2 although I'm not sure), the first time I press the digit buttons on the UFC it's impossible to enter a dot (.) ; if I press "clear" then it's ok and I can do it

Again, PM me if you need help on reproducing this ; I can make a video maybe ?

Sorry but I didn't remember that the thread was originaly about the Laser Code entry ; somehow I understood that we were talking about UFC frequency entry.

Laser code works fine for me.

UFC frequency entry does not ;)

• 3 months later...

I just bought the Harrier and I'm still learning stuff, but I can confirm that I noticed that too. The first 2 digits go....(16...) and then the "88" doesn't go.... I have to go back one step and then enter the four digits again. Then it works.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will check later

But I think I only still see this when slecetijg "code" from the LMAV screen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift