AdA Mod - "Armée De l'Air" for FC.

HubMan

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

The antiship missile is considered as a TV (or laser, i don't remember exactly) guided missile

so apply the procedure you will find in the FAQ

for your question, look specialy the "Installation and Use" FAQ, last post

all the FAQ is written in french and translated into english (special thanks to The_GOZR :))

one post per question, each post have french and english Question/Answer (black question for french, red question for english)

http://www.ada-mod.org/adamod/forum/viewforum.php?id=22

have a nice day ;)

@ HubMan

Sir,

this Mod is really impressive. GREAT JOB!!!

However I'd like to maintain all Mig-29, just to replace ED original Mirage.

Please, is it available a "light" ADAMod replacing only ED Mirage with Your own and high res skins, of course?

If Yes, Where can I download it?

Thanks in adavnce for Your courtesy.

@ HubMan

Sir,

this Mod is really impressive. GREAT JOB!!!

However I'd like to maintain all Mig-29, just to replace ED original Mirage.

Please, is it available a "light" ADAMod replacing only ED Mirage with Your own and high res skins, of course?

If Yes, Where can I download it?

Thanks in adavnce for Your courtesy.

Hi mitch789 :)

Thanks for appreciating our mod :) About a "light" version, we thought about it, but the problem is that the original Mirage 2000 used by a human player will have a X-Wing performances, as the flight model and thrust will be the one of a "templated" Su-27.

The Mirage 2000 is a 7/8t aircraft, if you give him more than 20t of thrust, you are killing the balance of the game :)

Cheers :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a totally separate install for the AdA mod...how can I use one of the new cockpits with the MiG-29 in my regular install? Is there any chance you can release a pack with just the pits for use with the MiG? It's so hard to go back to the normal pit...

Hehe :) Thanks :) About packing a mod with the pits only, we did not think about it :) But it should not be too complicated to do (basically, open the AdA Mod and clean everything not related to the pits) :)

I'll try to do it this week end :)

HuB.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi mitch789 :)

Thanks for appreciating our mod :) About a "light" version, we thought about it, but the problem is that the original Mirage 2000 used by a human player will have a X-Wing performances, as the flight model and thrust will be the one of a "templated" Su-27.

The Mirage 2000 is a 7/8t aircraft, if you give him more than 20t of thrust, you are killing the balance of the game :)

Hub.

HubMan,

thanks for quick reply. I understand ...

However I thinked to use Your Mirage only for IA forces.

best regards.

HubMan,

thanks for quick reply. I understand ...

However I thinked to use Your Mirage only for IA forces.

best regards.

OOps !!! I understand what you mean now : a pack that upgrades the regular Lockon. You are right, we should do something like that with high textured M2000 and eventually MiG-29K and F-111 replaced by Mirage F-1 and MIV... :)

We'll try to do something like that :) But I cannot tell you when we will able to do it :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OOps !!! I understand what you mean now : a pack that upgrades the regular Lockon. You are right, we should do something like that with high textured M2000 and eventually MiG-29K and F-111 replaced by Mirage F-1 and MIV... :)

We'll try to do something like that :) But I cannot tell you when we will able to do it :)

Hub.

OK. I'll wait ... THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Antonio

Hehe :) Thanks :) About packing a mod with the pits only, we did not think about it :) But it should not be too complicated to do (basically, open the AdA Mod and clean everything not related to the pits) :)

I'll try to do it this week end :)

HuB.

cpt Stark pointed me in the right direction...it was actually quite easy to substitute one of the EXCELLENT AdA cockpits for the stock MiG-29. I will never go back to the stock pit now...hehe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

cpt Stark pointed me in the right direction...it was actually quite easy to substitute one of the EXCELLENT AdA cockpits for the stock MiG-29. I will never go back to the stock pit now...hehe

That's quite a compliment :) The AdA Mod cockpits have a more "western" style and are probably more "ergonomic", as the pits of the Mirage 2000 are definitly easier to read/use than the one of the MiG.

On the other hand, the more I look at the stock cockpit made by ED, the more I found them incredibily well textured : they really did an amazing job, considered the size of the textures they used :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HubMan - The more I fly this AdA mod, the more I love the damn thing! Nice job guys! Are there any updates for the mod?

Hi X-Man :)

To answer your question :

- BarbsMan has been doing a -lot- of 3D to integrate the Mirage IV and the Jaguar the same way the F-1CR was. He also spent some time on new 3D missiles models :D This guy does not belong to this physical world as time does not flow at the same speed for him and us... :D

- I've been lazy and only packaged the V1.01 (ModMan 6 full compatible), a small compatibity mod for Walmis F-15 and I'm getting started with the second part of the campaign missions. As soon as I get more free time, I'll start working again on the Rafale integration and maybe the reskinning of a pit, but I still need some more documentation material to start working on the reskinning of the F-1CR/Jaguar pit :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I downloaded the mod and utilized MODMAN to install the mod. Unfortunately, my aircraft's cockpits don't work. There seem to be bits and pieces of the cockpit on the screen, but not an actual cockpit. Also, all of my aircraft have no skins are are completely white. I downloaded and installed the skin pack, which did not fix the issue. Did I do something wrong, or am I missing something?

thanks!

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

I downloaded the mod and utilized MODMAN to install the mod. Unfortunately, my aircraft's cockpits don't work. There seem to be bits and pieces of the cockpit on the screen, but not an actual cockpit. Also, all of my aircraft have no skins are are completely white. I downloaded and installed the skin pack, which did not fix the issue. Did I do something wrong, or am I missing something?

thanks!

Hi Hellcat61 :)

Looks like your graphics.cfg was not correctly updated (all the textures of the mod seems to be missing). Could you please try to force the reinstall or the mod ? And could you tell us which version of ModMan you are using ? :)

HuB.

• Like 1

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not certain what you mean by "force". I am currently running MODMAN 5.0.0.12. I have a multitude of other mods installed currently, perhaps they need to be removed.

By "force" I wanted you to try to install again the AdA Mod. And I don't think you need to uninstall the other mods to make the AdA Mod work :)

Anyway :

- try to install the AdA Mod again

- if it does not work, run the program (located in your lockon root directory) : INSTALL-Graphic-AdAMod.bat (executed at the AdA Mod install, but may fail if run on some Vista installed PC)

- if it still does not work, edit your file graphics.cfg, by following the instruction that you can find here :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]