Point Nine Experience (EECH movie)

I've got to take my hat off to these guys... They are doing a great job of breathing new life into this old simulator.

Especially liked the Hind dropping off the infantry squad, that's very special :thumbup:

Apache's cockpit is really taking form now too. Shame it's not 6DOF yet...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EECH is not comparable to Lockon in terms of avaionics if you're thinking of Black Shark.

EECH2 is no different from EECH, in fact, from what I've seen, it's a step backwards.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh really? What makes it a step backwards? It seems to be an enhanced version of a old classic...

Are the graphics 4 colour now versus 16 mil. Does it have sound Yet? Or will that come in a patched version?

Yeah the Hind dropping troops is a clear step backwards... The original allowed you to drop off a troops and FedEx Cargo.

Again.. Spot on Bro... Clearly a step backwards.

Thanks for the insight! And before anyone gets bent... just picking on ya.... :) Your opinion is yours!

-Bones

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

EECH with the community patches has better avionics, flight model, physics, graphics, sound and gameplay than EECH2, also more flyable helicopters. Plus the developers actually discuss the next steps with the community ( mainly on simhq ), and information and data provided by the community will find it's way in the patches.

I'm totally not impressed with EECH2, a modded EECH1 is really better, no matter of opintion, you rally get more than with EECH2. The FMs are the same in part 2, that was a big disappointment, also, the fps sucks compared to 1. So, you have to pay money, get the same package with new, unoptimised textures, arcade avoinics (at least they tried making them look realistic in the modded EECH1), exactly the same damage model. All in all I would call part deux vaporware, all they did was changing the sking and adding voice recognition support, wowee, 15% of your CPU for something that only works properly in Star Trek. Pressing ALT-J is still faster than screaming 'eject' into your headset, only to have it interpreted as 'chaff'.

Comparing EECH to BS is indeed like comparing F4 to MS FS-X, but for its age EECH is adequate. I don't like it because of the choppy FMs (with and without 'Advanced FM functions), so I'd rather wait for BS and keep flying the T-Frog in the meantime.

EECH2 is really what you can call a rip-off, a product designed to get a cash boost fast, without changing anything over the last version. And I'm nat talking Windows 95 ->98 here, I'm talking loman skin swaps here :( imagine getting 'Flaming Cliffs 2' with the same models, but desert themed skins, would you be happy?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Well then... nothing like a little egg on the face! -Bones

Nothing wrong with defending something... :smilewink:

I think you mis-interpreted what I was saying though. EECH+Mods is a great simulator, and IMHO a LOT better than EECH2. That was my point.

See my post below about EECH...

OK, let's all take a breath and a balanced approach here...

We as Lock On fan's do not bow down to the "that sim is crap ours is better" god that some other communities do... :smartass:

EECH 1 is now 10 years old, so for a sim of that age, with the support of some damned talented people we have a sim that is still fun and enjoyable after all of this time...

One more think I noticed from the video: All the things that the co-pilot/gunner man and betty say are nearly same as those in Longbow2...like "impact" or "good shot sir" or "bluh bluh failure"... They are the same:)

The voices in this build I believe are imported by one of those talented guys directly from those found in Longbow 2 and implanted over the defalt voices of EECH, which is a good thing, believe me ;)

Longbow2 seems to have a better cockpit:)

The virtual cockpit of the Apache in EECH is a complete fresh add on by the community... it's been in the works since about 1.6.x, but actually looks pretty good IMHO

EECH2 is a disgrace, a modded EECH 1 is better, gives you more fps with the same eye candy and flight dynamics.

You can't even do a rolling take-off in EECH 1,2 and all the mods. 7 years ago that was acceptable, but that isn't the case now, same goes for Falcon 4 and all its mods. Yeah, great new textures and nice Aim-9Xes, but in the end the FM is still based on the same rules as the one from 1997.

Agreed, EECH is much better for your money (Amazon.co.uk are selling EEAH and EECH for £5.98!) http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B000C0TZ0E/ref=s9_asin_title_2-1966_g1/026-0454312-6958024?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=14Z541EHJZF3P9D0S5BD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=139042191&pf_rd_i=468294

Rolling take offs? sure you can, turn on the advanced flight model (OK, it's not that advanced, but...) and all of the realism options, let your wheel brakes off and away you go...

EECH2 got all of our hopes up, but IMHO didn't deliver anything close to what it promised. All of the models have higher resolution skins, but seriously, who's going to be flying within 50ft of a ZSU-23-4 to take advantage of that!

The flight model is dated, can't argue with that, but it's about the best that those of us out of the ED Testers team have right now ;)

EECH2 did bring in individually modelled trees but they only appear within a few km of you, and it also brought in an absolute sh#t load of bugs. I worked patiently with my copy for 2 days to get it into the position of getting it to run every time, but even now when flying NOE with it, I still quite frequently fly into the terrain which is moddeled ABOVE the terrain textures in some places! As a result I've ditched Enemy Engaged 2 and stuck with EECH + mods.

image002mu0.jpg

Enemy Engaged 2 (courtesy of SIM HQ forums)

EECH-3.jpg

EECH 1.8.6

EECH-2.jpg

EECH 1.8.6

What I'm trying to say is, EECH is not BS, and nor could it ever hope to be, but it is a very good simulator for its age, that has been updated by a group of excellent modders, and is IMHO about the best combat rotary wing simulator that we have available to install on all of our hard drives today...

Give it the respect it deserves, it's well worth £6 of anyone's money :thumbup:

Grab yourself a copy and get on over to www.eechcentral.com and www.simhq.com for tips and tricks.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes the Army has cut funding a couple years back. Freed up a couple of billion dollars for the rest of the Army. Why use an extremely complicated stealth helicopter against RPG's and SA-7's in the middle of the desert? Not to mention that anything with a processor greater than a calculator doesn't like ambient temperatures of over 50 degrees C.

And I have NO idea what they based their flight model, avionics model, targeting systems or any of that stuff on...

so in the EECH or whatever its called it most be modelled nothing like the real thing....

Prototypes and mock ups were built so the Commanche can be modeled fairly well. There are mods to remove the commanche from game for realism.

The video is the original EECH modded, not EECH2.

comanchecancel.jpg

Black Shark has pretty much everything licked in terms of modelling.

The only reason it might not be as detailed as F4 is the F-16's radar - the Ka50 of course not having a radar.

The systems it does have, though . . . . . wow.

EECH 1.9 looks like a fantastic effort at updating an old sim - well worth getting.