Stick way too forward obstructing the display

TomCatMucDe

Noticed same things. But not seeing the frontal display is like idiot designer who wanted to add such for specs, regardless it can't be read.

And that stick hitting screen must be way to release frustration among pilots.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

In the Aerosoft version, you can remove the stick by hitting the button below the contrast switch. In DCS F/A-18C you can remove it by hitting backspace. It would be nice if they could do something similar in the F-14.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

In the Aerosoft version, you can remove the stick by hitting the button below the contrast switch. In DCS F/A-18C you can remove it by hitting backspace. It would be nice if they could do something similar in the F-14.

v6,

boNes

not sure if that would be a good solution. The gun, sidewinder switch is on the stick and it is good to see what we have selected.

I am really suprised though that the stick is in that position. For sure they used laser scanner to scan the cockpit, but the position in VR is placed manually, and it could be the reason why we see the stick in this "akward" position...

The gun, sidewinder switch is on the stick and it is good to see what we have selected.

You can see what you have selected on the HUD when in A/A mode, and when you're not in A/A mode it doesn't really matter... plus it takes a split second to switch, and really if you're in that kind of situation where that specific split second counts, you've probably got bigger issues to worry about.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

just lean like a real F14 pilot

The default had position is already 30-40cm to much forward in VR. You almost sit top of the stick.

The stick itself is about like almost inside the front screen, to see it, you need to pull G's or start quick roll.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

please add the remove stick option. it might be realistic but we are not really in a cockpit and we have limited view options despite the trackir

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

please add the remove stick option. it might be realistic but we are not really in a cockpit and we have limited view options despite the trackir

Yes, please. It is much easier to lean around and look in real life. Plus real binocular vision makes it easier to see around objects in those sorts of scenarios.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Pilot Position in VR is too far forward and makes it nearly impossible to access Oxygen switch etc.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2