Details of v1.1 Flaming Cliffs *Updated- 25/11/04*

*This post will be updated with new information periodically.*

*Updated- 25/11/04*

Hi everyone... until there is an official English part of the forum, myself and other v1.1 testers can answer questions about this fantastic add on to Lock On: Modern Air Combat.

I'll start with a basic overview of the new, improved, and much more authentic Russian Su-27/33 and Mig-29A/S combat avionics.

The improved Russian avionics actually create more workload for the pilot... so be ready to update your joystick files! :)

-There are 3 BVR search radar modes now, Encounter, Pursuit, and Auto...

-For head on enagagements Encounter mode(Hi PRF) will provide the best range and for tail on chase, pursuit(Medium PRF) will provide the best range. Auto(Interleaved PRF) is a combination of both but the acquisition range is reduced.

If you are tail on to a bandit and in encounter mode you will not see it with the radar until very close range so you have to switch to either pursuit or auto. If you are head on in pursuit mode you will not see it until it is much closer then with auto or encounter modes.

-TWS-SNP, there is now the SNP mode including automatic threat prioritisation and lock-on.

-Radar azimuth is now 3 zones only, left, center, and right.

-There is a radar elevation zone indication on the HUD.

-There is radar azimuth zone indication on the HUD

-You can set the radar range on the HUD.

-When a target is locked there is a radar beam position indication on the HUD.

-The larger the target, the larger the track symbol on the HUD.

-There is now auto lock On in CAC Vertical(radar and EOS) and FIO(Longitudinal Missile Aiming - IR seekers only)

-ECM jamming is now indicated on the HUD and HOJ lock on is possible with the R-27 and R-77.

-You can now change the size of the gun funnel depending on the size of target you want to hit.

-As seen in the screenshots, the weapon stations are now displayed on the HUD too.

-IR missiles now emit a tone when they are locked on.

-You can now increase and decrease the volume of the RWR and SPO warning tones.

The Mig-29 HUD symbology includes a pitch scale on the right side of the HUD.

NAV avionics are basically unchanged except the enroute NAV mode sensitivity was greatly reduced so tracking a course is much easier then in v1.02.

ILS guidance indictaion is changed to 2 circles that must be inside each other to be on the glideslope and localizer.

All new autopilot modes:

- autopilot override

- roll and pitch stabilization

- altitude and roll stabilization

- transition in horizontal flight (panic button)

- altitude stabilization

- radio-altimeter terrain following

- reset all autopilot modes

-All new improved HUD fonts for all aircraft which are much sharper and easier to read.

-New improved sound for the A-10A and the F-15C cannons .

-All new and higher resolution A-10A aircraft textures.

-Airframe shake for all aircraft when cannon is fired.

-Improved view of the wings when looking back at 4 and 8 o'clock in the F-15C, Su-27/33, and Mig-29A/S.

-Many new weapon 3D models and textures.

-Navigation lights that can be on steady or flash(Su-25T)

-Improved cockpit ejection model with the pilot, seat, and chute remaining visible after reaching the ground.

Highlights of the Su-25 and Su-25T Advanced Flight Model(AFM) and physics

-Dynamic flight and physics model that reacts to weight, center of gravity position, and moments of inertia in real time with no scripting.

- Assymetric wing loading dynamics... for example... weapons hanging on pylons have weight and drag and when a weapon(A2G missile for example) is fired from one wing only the loss of weight and drag affect how the aircraft reacts. For example, the lighter wing will rise and cause it to accelerate, the heavier wing will drop and deccelrate, which will in turn create yaw.

-Flight tested by a Russian Su-25 pilot.

-Fully dynamic aircraft damage modeling including tires that will blow and separate.

-Ability to land on all terrain surfaces on wheels and on aircraft belly.

These are just highlights but, IMO, this is the most advanced flight model yet for a PC Simulation title.

-Air to ground capability for the Su-27... dumb bombs, KMGU dispensors, and rockets.

-Multiplayer will now show text on the screen of battle action in terms of kills, ejections, crashes, and landings. For example: "Shepski(Su-27) kill SwingKid(F-15C) with R-27R"

-Ability to have avi's play immediately prior to mission start so all missions can now have user made movies integrated into them.

Highlights of the Su-25T combat avionics suite

*The Shkval Optical Targeting System*

-High resolution optical image with zoom levels of 5X and 23X.

-Adjustable target designation box from 5 to 60 meters with auto lock on capability of large buildings to airborne helicopters.

-Camera elevation and azimuth scales.

-Aircraft attitude indicator.

-Aircraft pitch and altitude indications(including radar altitude when appropriate).

-Slant range indication to the target designation box.

-Timer, in seconds, to target impact for guided rockets and missiles.

-The Prichal laser rangefinder and designator requires a cooling cycle prior to operation in the ratio of 0.8 to 1 * the time it was previously activated.

-The cooling cycle can be over ridden if necessary but will decrease the life of the laser.

-The Shkval and Prichal laser is used in combination with the Vikhr guided rocket system as a very effective anti-armour weapon system.

*Mercury LLTV(Low Light TV) Pod*

-Centerline mounted light amplification optical targeting pod.

-Uses all the features of the Shkval but limited to a 5X zoom only.

*L-081 Phantasmagoria ETS Anti-Radar System*

-Via a centerline mounted pod, this system is capable of identifying, displaying, and engaging surface to air threat radars.

-The threat radar location and classification is displayed on the HUD for targeting with fire and forget KH-25MP and KH-58 anti-radar missiles.

-The L-081 can classify and display multiple threat radars at one time.

*SPPU-22 Gun Pod*

-This external twin 23mm cannon pod can be used in combination with the Shkval system and Prichal laser for precision cannon attacks.

-The SPPU-22 twin barrels are depresible to an elevation of -30 degrees.

-Up to 4 SPPU-22 gunpods can be carried and they can be fired in pairs, all 4 together, or all 4 gun pods combined with the GSH-2-30 cannon on the Su-25T for maximum damage.

Lots of new commands for operatiing these new systems folks! :)

Cheers!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! nice

shepski...

can U tell us if the PHYSICS of landings etc in the flankers and migs are ATLEST IMPROVED to a little more than the standard STUCK ON RAILS....I mean the su 25T will have new physics... have the sukhois been atlest ramped with a little more realistic landings feel...if not the AWSOME PHYSICS MODEL?

And is it possible to enter and exit hangers now?

and about mission gen improvements.. Is the campaign NOW SEMI-DYNAMIC . (Atlest till Ed make an awsome dynamic campaign to beat falcon 4 's campaign gen :) )

Thanks a lot for all the info..

we appreciate it.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hi,

Adding to the list of new avionics features posted by Shepski,

Features of the new SNP mode:

Since "SNP" is a Track-While-Scan mode, the system continiues to monitor the tactical situation after having locked a target, and in case this changes, makes corrections to the target prioritisation/selection. Say you have two adversaries approaching head-on - the system will determine which is the "most dangerous one" and lock this....if this target then decides to break away and "do a runner", the target selection box on the HUD will automatically switch to the second target.

When the radar is operating in SNP mode, it will remain in this and only transition to STT mode to support SARH missiles once a locked target enters weapons release range - i.e. you can have a target locked for some time in SNP mode without it knowing anyting about it.

JJ

WOW! nice

shepski...

can U tell us if the PHYSICS of landings etc in the flankers and migs are ATLEST IMPROVED to a little more than the standard STUCK ON RAILS....I mean the su 25T will have new physics... have the sukhois been atlest ramped with a little more realistic landings feel...if not the AWSOME PHYSICS MODEL?

And is it possible to enter and exit hangers now?

Sorry to say but they are unchanged. :(

FM improvements are that the Flanker now has a faster roll rate and the SFM(Standard Flight Model) was tweaked in roll rate for high IAS and high angle of attack.

and about mission gen improvements.. Is the campaign NOW SEMI-DYNAMIC . (Atlest till Ed make an awsome dynamic campaign to beat falcon 4 's campaign gen :) )

Regarding random events... this is from Valery:

"RandomMissionEvents = true makes all simulation random generators to start from random initial values for different mission starts. So simulation events and results may differ from start to start. If RandomMissionEvents = false then all simulation events and results will be the same for every mission start. Track events and results don't depend on the RandomMissionEvents value - they are always the same."

So, I don't know if it can be called "semi-dynamic".

Shepski: The Checksix preview mentions manual aerial-refuelling but says that 'currently' a lot of precision is required to maintain a connection. Does this mean that the hose does not allow for slight drifting by flexing (which I suspect is the reason that refueling was automatic previously)?

These newly revealed details of the upgraded avionics are very intriqueing to say the least......

I can see where these added items will add to a much more controlled combat roll.....

I have a question about the the next upgrade, has it been decided if the next patch will be offered as a stand alone down load, or will it only be available with the addon?

Either way I'm personally going to buy 1.1......

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Shepski: The Checksix preview mentions manual aerial-refuelling but says that 'currently' a lot of precision is required to maintain a connection. Does this mean that the hose does not allow for slight drifting by flexing (which I suspect is the reason that refueling was automatic previously)?

Hi,

While the hose itself does not graphically move around there is some room to drift when hooked up... you can drift fore and aft and side to side, but not very much.

I hadn't tried the new refueling model until just now and I was able to load half a tank of gas into the Su-33 and only disconnected 3 times. reconnecting was pretty easy as long as you fly the flight director circle.

Once connected, the hard part is remaining on speed... I would acclerate a bit too much and drift forward, then in correcting I would get too slow and disconnect... very smooth stick and throttle movements are required.

I have a question about the the next upgrade, has it been decided if the next patch will be offered as a stand alone down load, or will it only be available with the addon?

Either way I'm personally going to buy 1.1......

Hi,

That's for Eagle to answer... stay tuned.

Shepski,

Thanks for the update ... Sounds like the Su/Mig have had a major radar re-work - going to be much more deadly. Any changes to the F-15? And graphical enharncements during flight such as smokey engines or over wing vapour? Any AI tweaks you are aware of ... Sorry for so many questions, but I really love this game!

Thanks,

"I have to use RemoteAdmin and trusted people to use my PC as a server !" How do you use remote admin ? When I launch LO from remote admin, the screen is grahpical and isn't 'echoed' to the remote console. Do you use MS remote admin or some other package?

Thanks,

Shepski,

Thanks for the update ... Sounds like the Su/Mig have had a major radar re-work - going to be much more deadly. Any changes to the F-15? And graphical enharncements during flight such as smokey engines or over wing vapour? Any AI tweaks you are aware of ... Sorry for so many questions, but I really love this game!

Hi,

No real changes to the F-15 except that the data on the HUD was moved up on the glass allowing a better view over the nose.

No smokey engines or new vapour graphics.

The AI was worked on a lot and is much improved... wingmen are now much more effective and will also have a better chance at survival for example.

Hi,

I'm interesting to know if in future there will be a patch, or an addon that will improve the faction of NATO, in particular the F-15.

The F-15 is not completed, in both navigation system and radar...and it is the only aircraft that can match the role of AA.

Is there some project for NATO's aircraft? :roll:

T.Col "Bad Boy", http://www.amvi.it

Gianfranco "Bad Boy"

Aeronautica Militare Virtuale Italiana,

http://www.amvi.it

I asked this already a million times but... is there still a possiblity of a FLANKER upgrade ? :( :(

3d model and physics... DAMN!!! I FREAKIN LOVE THAT PLANE!!! :oops:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I asked this already a million times but... is there still a possiblity of a FLANKER upgrade ? :( :(

3d model and physics... DAMN!!! I FREAKIN LOVE THAT PLANE!!! :oops:

I LOVE it too!!!

But... as mentioned a million times :wink: ... only the Su-25 and Su-25T get the AFM in v1.1 .

No time for a new Su-27 3D model. :cry:

:( :roll: :roll: :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Any general improvements to the sound engine itself or are there just some new sound files? Based on the Vikhr-movie zzzspace commented that he thought the code itself received an update and given his experience due to all that work on his great soundpacks I'm willing to believe him :)