LTWS L&S extrapolation

Santi871

In addition to LTWS being useless in its current state, IFF is now borked again, too.

Why even release it in this state? Keep that in a closed beta and don't release things that are so borked.

Are we getting a full month of unusable F18 in MP now?

In addition to LTWS being useless in its current state, IFF is now borked again, too.

Why even release it in this state? Keep that in a closed beta and don't release things that are so borked.

You can always turn it off from the data page and play as the last 3 months.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

You can always turn it off from the data page and play as the last 3 months.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Yes, but we FINALLY had a working IFF last week and now they took it away... to have an incomplete system in its place, which can't show friendlies and enemies easily

IFF is working as intended, nothing broken about it.

IFF works on my end as well. The RWS bricks are getting interrogated automatically on the radar page as soon as I put the cursor over them, I can interrogate fighters in ACM modes as well, I can interrogate contacts on the SA page, it’s honesty much more intuitive than before - and we don’t even have MSI yet.

IFF works on my end as well. The RWS bricks are getting interrogated automatically on the radar page as soon as I put the cursor over them, I can interrogate fighters in ACM modes as well, I can interrogate contacts on the SA page, it’s honesty much more intuitive than before - and we don’t even have MSI yet.
Couldnt agree more. Thank you for putting better explanations.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Yes, but we FINALLY had a working IFF last week and now they took it away... to have an incomplete system in its place, which can't show friendlies and enemies easily

might be a stupid question but have u turned on NCTR ? IFF is working flawlessly on my end

might be a stupid question but have u turned on NCTR ? IFF is working flawlessly on my end

Yes, everything is turned on.

I just died to an F14 that was hot on me. I had him locked for like 15 miles. Pressed the IFF button like ten times, with no change in information displayed.

SA page showed yellow contact. Hud showed a box.

I held fire until i was at 3nm, dead on, still box, still pressing IFF with target locked and unlocked. No joy.

There just was a friendly fire incident on the server so i didn't want to risk yet another one.

Guess what? Of course he was an enemy and wasn't IDd.

We are back 3 months in a single update.

Edited by madeiner

I just died to an F14 that was hot on me. I had him locked for like 15 miles. Pressed the IFF button like ten times, with no change in information displayed.

I held fire until i was at 3nm, dead on, still box, still pressing IFF with target locked and unlocked. No joy.

There just was a friendly fire incident on the server so i didn't want to risk yet another one.

Perhaps it’s your process that’s bugged and not the software’s? The odds don’t seem to be in your favor here. In this thread alone there are 5 posters saying it works fine and you are the only one reporting that it’s broken.

Edited by Rainmaker

Perhaps it’s your process that’s bugged and not the software’s? The odds don’t seem to be in your favor here. In this thread alone there are 5 posters saying it works fine and you are the only one reporting that it’s broken.

Honestly, those who say IFF is working just don't understand the issue.

I'm not saying there is a bug here and i understand what's happening.

IFF needs two sources now identify as hostile, and clearly i was only presenting one source, because NCTR wasn't IDing the target for some reason (that's fine, and it's how NCTR works) and the bogey was of course not responding to IFF request since he was not friendly.

So there was one source of "enemy id" only and that is not enough for an enemy HAFU. I get it.

What i DON'T get, is, why make this change now when the "friendly" TD box is not yet ready? Now i have no way to know, by looking at the hud, if enemy was indeed "ambigous" or "friendly".

I have to look down in a cluttered SA page, with not easy way to zoom in in order to see things that are close by. I have no feedback that the IFF is even working. The model visibility sucks, as we all know, so i can't visual ID.

Why not implement two factor IFF when the rest of the system is ready, so that we can play in peace while it's not?

IFF needs two sources now identify as hostile, and clearly i was only presenting one source, because NCTR wasn't IDing the target for some reason (that's fine, and it's how NCTR works) and the bogey was of course not responding to IFF request since he was not friendly.

So there was one source of "enemy id" only and that is not enough for an enemy HAFU. I get it.

What i DON'T get, is, why make this change now when the "friendly" TD box is not yet ready? Now i have no way to know, by looking at the hud, if enemy was indeed "ambigous" or "friendly".

I have to look down in a cluttered SA page, with not easy way to zoom in in order to see things that are close by. I have no feedback that the IFF is even working. The model visibility sucks, as we all know, so i can't visual ID.

Why not implement two factor IFF when the rest of the system is ready, so that we can play in peace while it's not?

I guess I’m missing your gripe here exactly, how is that broken, or a step backwards 3 months? We’ve never had a “friendly” desination outside of the all-knowing IFF which if you look around the forums, was not without it’s own issues and attributed to a lot of blue on blue due to it’s simplicity and lack of cues. You have a lot more now in terms of ID than you ever have, and without all the bugs that were there before...so how’s that going backwards exactly?!? Could have left it how it was where everyone was a hostile diamond until interrogated friendly, that sure worked out well on MP servers by the looks of things.

Edited by Rainmaker

You hijacked my thread to complain about how you have to look down to see if it's a friendly? Why don't you make your own thread about that?

I gather we won’t get an official answer about this but If I had to guess, I’d say that there is no way Boeing didn’t implement some sort of extrapolation for LTWS. I cannot think of any technical hurdle that would have prevented this from ever being implemented.

quick update, a community member cleared this up, maybe this will help..

" if you IFF and it doesn't turn green, you can assume it's an enemy

it'll only show a diamond if you get more than one source saying it's enemy "

i remember wags talking about this aswell in his datalink video

Edited by mehksauce

They changed it because it was incorrect before. Square means unknown, it doesn't mean friendly. Diamond means hostile. It had another issue before where if someone had their IFF off, then EVERYTHING was showing up as hostile (rather than unknown) - hence the change. What would make life a lot easier would be if they add the friendly HUD symbology.

You hijacked my thread to complain about how you have to look down to see if it's a friendly? Why don't you make your own thread about that?

Yeah, sorry about that.

I was mad at this, and i just discovered how LTWS didn't work well, and i kinda lost it.

Sorry