I Did It Again

BuzzU

I took a break from flight sims to race cars. (GPL) I'm an old fart and developed a knee problem from pushing the brake on my Fanatec pedals. So, back to flight sims.

I just bought another Warthog and TPR pedals. I've always used lousy pedals in flight sims (CH) and wanted to try something nicer. The TPR pedals are way more than I wanted to spend but it should be the last pedals i'll ever buy. $970 for stick and pedals. Cripes!

I wanted a Virpil but they were out of stock as usual and I bought the TM stuff at Dell and financed it. I'll do the normal mods to the Warthog and it should be fine. Especially, for the A-10C. I like not having to program it.

The pedals are way overkill for the Hornet but should be good for the Hog and P-51.

Anyway.............I'm Back!

Anybody got a Trackir5 like new for sale?

Buzz

I suggest spring mods vs extension tube for the stick if you find it too stiff, and deltasim’s slew mod for the throttle.

I’d love to get the TPR, but going to wait for the price to come down a bit.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 3 months later...
I agree. On my last Warthog, I used the green spring instead of an extension. It worked really good.

For those interested. You can get it here.

https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com/shop/warthog-green-springs/

How much of a difference did was there with the sahaj's Green Springs vs Stock?

Looking at either the Green Spring or his 7.5cm Extension. I have an Obutto though so the extension may be a little high.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

The green spring is pretty light and made for those who don't want to use an extension. I wouldn't use both.

Do you have experience with both, sperately...ie how do they feel compared to one another?

Thanks, Buzz!

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I took a break from flight sims to race cars. (GPL) I'm an old fart and developed a knee problem from pushing the brake on my Fanatec pedals. So, back to flight sims.

I just bought another Warthog and TPR pedals. I've always used lousy pedals in flight sims (CH) and wanted to try something nicer. The TPR pedals are way more than I wanted to spend but it should be the last pedals i'll ever buy. $970 for stick and pedals. Cripes!

Don't feel bad, I too am an old fart and I'm on my third trip around. Got out about a year ago. Now I've been back about 2 months. I don't want to know how much I spent this time around. Another Warthog, another set of MFG Crosswinds, another FSSB R3 Lighting, Monstertech table mounts, Oculus Rift S, TM F/A-18C grip, RTX 2080 video card, 16GB more ram. Anyway welcome back.

Edited by Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I wanted a Virpil but they were out of stock as usual and I bought the TM stuff at Dell and financed it. I'll do the normal mods to the Warthog and it should be fine. Especially, for the A-10C. I like not having to program it.

The pedals are way overkill for the Hornet but should be good for the Hog and P-51.

Welcome back old buddy! ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Don't feel bad, I too am an old fart and I'm on my third trip around. Got out about a year ago. Now I've been back about 2 months. I don't want to know how much I spent this time around. Another Warthog, another set of MFG Crosswinds, another FSSB R3 Lighting, Monstertech table mounts, Oculus Rift S, TM F/A-18C grip, RTX 2080 video card, 16GB more ram. Anyway welcome back.

In for a penny, in for a pound! :helpsmilie::)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

At least you got money to burn, could be worse :)

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

good job. I have all what you listed, and I recently switched for a Virpil base with a hornet stick and an extension. Amazing.

You will love the TPR

funny enough. you know what bought yesterday ? A F1 playseat and I ordered the F1 thrustmaster wheel LoL

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Do you have experience with both, sperately...ie how do they feel compared to one another?

Thanks, Buzz!

Sorry, i've been busy. I've never had an extension. My setup doesn't have the room. That's why the lighter spring appealed to me. I would think an extension that gives a longer throw would be better.

Buzz