3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

• 1 month later...

I seem to have found a bug, the S3 Basket disappears when you get too close

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

21 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

I seem to have found a bug, the S3 Basket disappears when you get too close

Strange, can you post a track ? I did not have the issue with the Harrier.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Track is in the linked post but copied here:

S3 Basket Bug only present with 3dmigoto.trk

image.png

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

On 9/20/2023 at 10:51 AM, speed-of-heat said:

Track is in the linked post but copied here

Sorry, but it seems the pre contact is not recorded =>  no pipe (and so no basket) in the track without the mod.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

OFFS  😞 sorry i didnt check it let me have another go!S3 Basket Bug only present with 3dmigoto v2.trk this one seems to have the precontact call i was using Voice attack rather than the keyboard on the previous one

OFFS  sorry i didnt check it let me have another go!S3 Basket Bug only present with 3dmigoto v2.trk this one seems to have the precontact call i was using Voice attack rather than the keyboard on the previous one
If you used VAICOM, then commands are not recorded in tracks, (while ordinary VoiceAttack commands are). You then need to use the radio menu.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:37 PM, speed-of-heat said:

OFFS  😞 sorry i didnt check it let me have another go!S3 Basket Bug only present with 3dmigoto v2.trk this one seems to have the precontact call i was using Voice attack rather than the keyboard on the previous one

As I was expected, the issue is created because the basket use the same shader than rotors. Disable the option "Helicopters/rotor hide" and it will come back.

As there is a menu option to solve the problem and it may be tricky to dectect if an helicopter or a jet is used, I will let things as they are.

Screen_230923_155924.jpg

Screen_230923_155926.jpg

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1

ok that makes sense from your end, as to why the basket is using the shaders as the rotor that's a separate problem (and not yours)

22 hours ago, redbeard said:

When using this in the apache on mt version, the cockpit textures are all completely washed out to blinding bright white color. This is with a fresh install of the openxr version.

What are your "cockpit color settings" in the mod ?

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

What are your "cockpit color settings" in the mod ?

Everything default at 0.0. Edit: it's actually set to "off" so I turned it on to see the actual values and the bottom row setting was at something like 2.499. Turning it down just made the white textures turn black but they were still completely washed out

Edited by redbeard
correction

also when I exit the mission the image of this cockpit persists behind the main menu splash screen, like it's burned in. I use the pimax crystal headset with dynamic foveated rendering on and the image on the main menu follows where my eyes are looking, it's pretty wild.

10 hours ago, redbeard said:

also when I exit the mission the image of this cockpit persists behind the main menu splash screen, like it's burned in. I use the pimax crystal headset with dynamic foveated rendering on and the image on the main menu follows where my eyes are looking, it's pretty wild.

Did you check your graphic options are compliant with the mod ? (see first post).

5 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Did you check your graphic options are compliant with the mod ? (see first post).

Yes I double checked and my settings are as said in the installation instructions. I also do not have any other graphics mods installed, only aircraft and some liveries and SRS if that counts. Edit: this "white" effect only seems to happen in the apache just to be clear, the persistent image of the cockpit lingering behind the main menu happens with any aircraft after exiting a mission, but is much less visible compared to the bright white apache textures.

Edited by redbeard

2 hours ago, redbeard said:

Yes I double checked and my settings are as said in the installation instructions. I also do not have any other graphics mods installed, only aircraft and some liveries and SRS if that counts. Edit: this "white" effect only seems to happen in the apache just to be clear, the persistent image of the cockpit lingering behind the main menu happens with any aircraft after exiting a mission, but is much less visible compared to the bright white apache textures.

I did not fly the Apache for a while, I'll try a quick mission. Can you put your d3dx_user.ini file (that should be in the folder where the mod is installed) here ?

2 hours ago, redbeard said:

You setup wrong values for sharpen of cockpit and HUD/MFD. Put them back to 1.0 for sharpen and Luma (for all settings) and you will be OK to find better improvement from there.

5 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

You setup wrong values for sharpen of cockpit and HUD/MFD. Put them back to 1.0 for sharpen and Luma (for all settings) and you will be OK to find better improvement from there.

Ok will do, thank you. Edit: Can confirm that this fix worked and everything is normal now

Edited by redbeard

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Migoto in 2.9 fails. CTD when starting it in MT.

Same for me..still works in 2D but not in VR...I'll try to ask some help, but it may be the end of the mod.

• Thanks 1