which JSOW variant we'll get next Wednesday?

WildBillKelsoe

So the JSOW is a JDAM with vastly extended range and an additional warhead option. I'm also curious on how the Harpoon will be effective without A-G radar still not implemented. I'm assuming it has an internal radar that activates at a point and goes for the first thing it sees.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

I'm also curious on how the Harpoon will be effective without A-G radar still not implemented. I'm assuming it has an internal radar that activates at a point and goes for the first thing it sees.

I'm assuming we'll get the Harpoon with Bearing on Launch mode to begin with - HSI symbology to give us steering cues for correct azimuth for launch, and a search range & destruct range specified on the UFC. The weapon will use its own radar to search for and engage targets. Range & Bearing Launch mode will likely follow soon after - as I understand it, this mode requires a designation but is not limited to the radar, so we should be able to use the TPOD or a set of prebriefed coordinates.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly: