Night Lighting 2.5.5

wilbur81

Just wanted to say a hearty "thanks, Matt and Team!" for the improving night time lighting. There is now softer transitions between color bands (as well as some other improvements) and it is looking nicer and nicer. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I'll have to check this out :)

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Can the aircraft nav lights be seen from further than 1 mile yet?
Razbam actually did a nice job with their external lights for the KC-130. They can be seen from far away

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Razbam actually did a nice job with their external lights for the KC-130. They can be seen from far away

Cool, now for all of the others to follow suit....

PS: You would "THINK" it would be pretty easy... the Nav lights would be one of the LAST things to turn off with the LOD ranges instead of being one of the first.

Edited by Shahdoh

I hadn't even noticed since I hardly get to fly during dawn/dusk but yes the colour banding is far far less harsh, it looks like some form of dithering/deband is being used (looks very similar to the effect Reshade gives with deband.fx) it's very nice and welcomed thanks ED :thumbup:

I hadn't even noticed since I hardly get to fly during dawn/dusk but yes the colour banding is far far less harsh, it looks like some form of dithering/deband is being used (looks very similar to the effect Reshade gives with deband.fx) it's very nice and welcomed thanks ED :thumbup:

Indeed!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Definitely noticed this too. Dawn looks amazing now. No more thick bands. Thank you Devs!

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

this might explain why some mods causing DCS after the update to crash, after removing the "fake omni lights" (tga texture files) from my 3ds models, DCS works without a problem and my models are visible again. Since those are lights... it might make sense, I wrote ED about it and i hope we get an answer.. most mods causing trouble now which is pretty annonying and sad..

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.