Warthog controls are messed up

Hi,

I've deleted the input folder in order to return to default.No joy.

Duplicates: (They are all red and upper one has correct entry second one has no entry)

Boat switch aft - boat switch fwd

Pinky switch aft - pinky switch fwd

Trim controls:See my next post.

Plus: I saw quite much thread about it that people thinks they do something wrong when they try to make HUD SOI.No they don't!!

It doesn't work because Coolie Switch Up entry is deleted, instead Coolie Switch Down has the entry Joystick button UP.

On the other side of things:You can't slave MAV to TGP with China Hat Fwd long anymore.Instead it resets SPI (TGP).I guess that one also has to do with messed up input file.

I'm pretty sure i am not confused but still i leave a small chance i don't remember the correct procedure for Mavericks.

Edited by Ryback
Corrected Trim Controls

um, down or better described as aft on the trim switch = nose up.. that's how it works irl. It's even labeled that way on the TM Warthog stick. Can't speak on everything else. Downloading the patch now to see if I'm running into any problems in the hog.

Everything is all and well for me in the hog with the patch. Is the input folder you're deleting in C:\users\xxxxx\saved games\dcs\config ?

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

um, down or better described as aft on the trim switch = nose up.. that's how it works irl. It's even labeled that way on the TM Warthog stick. Can't speak on everything else. Downloading the patch now to see if I'm running into any problems in the hog.

Everything is all and well for me in the hog with the patch. Is the input folder you're deleting in C:\users\xxxxx\saved games\dcs\config ?

Yes i am very sorry for this.I was confused.The only weird thing i've encountered for the trim was i had to apply left CTRL.Not sure if that was default.I edited the post.

And yes i've deleted C:\users\X\saved games\dcs\config.

Indeed something is messed up as Boat switch aft - boat switch fwd

Pinky switch aft - pinky switch fwd are duplicated and coloured in orange but apart of that all bindings including those duplicated works well.

Yes pinky and boat switches work as they supposed to.Boat switch was inverted by default.Should not be.

I have a problem with slaving Mavericks.May be has nothing to do with config file but Maverick procedure is wrong.Or i've forgot the correct sequence .I'll try to post a track tonight.

My mate and I are also having trouble with the MAV's, the HOTAS slew control just stops working. Slave all controls with the china hat forward and the HOTAS slew starts working for a few seconds then stops again.

Off topic but every time I post, I click post reply and I have to log back in before I can post, sometimes it asks me to refresh which loses the post and I have to start again.

Edited by Bearskin

Z790, 13700K, RTX4080, 32 gig RAM, Warthog,  WarBRD base , Virpil Pedals, Pico 4

This isn't just an A-10 issue — there's something seriously screwy going on with the binds menu at the moment where numerous modules have duplicate (orange) or just outright wrong (red) binds, even in the base bind files that come with a clean install of the module.

The standard tip has always been to remove your personal bind files and restart or reload, but that doesn't help much if the module itself has duplicate binds. There's some vague indication that it's connected with the input-device lock-out (for the lack of a better description) — the part that decides which input devices are allowed to bind what commands. In some modules, you end up with a bind for a function that can only be assigned to keyboards and mice, and then a second bind to the exact same function that can only be assigned to joysticks, and even a third bind to the exact same function that can only be assigned to button boxes (MFDs and the like).

Setting aside how utterly idiotic that whole lockout thing is — let me bind whatever I want to whatever, ffs! — it seems to be a prime candidate for why these duplicate binds show up: the module input definitions seemly are trying to lock out some devices, but then add others back in a way that means the same bind is defined twice with different allowances for input devices. For a while it seemed like it might be an “old file cruft” issue, but when the whole thing remains even with a clean-out and repair of the base files in the DCS install directory, that simply cannot be the case. Rather, it's either the module makers consistently making the same stupid multi-definition error, or it's the bind screen reading the definitions wrong.

Since we had that bind engine revamp a while back that had to be reverted and then reimplemented, the latter sounds like the much more likely option.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Looking closer my boatswitch bindings and pinky switch bindings for the a-10C are highlighted as orange with two separate entries and I misinterpreted the OP i think. Everything seems to be working right when I fly the A-10C though, and my coolie switch works as intended. I think I might have had to bind coolie hat UP function a few patches ago, but my bindings haven't changed and everything seems to be working for me. Had no issues launching mavericks or slewing the maverick camera. Would double check axis bindings on that one and make sure there's nothing else bound to TDC slew. China hat forward long sets sensors to spi. TMS UP sets TGP or hud cue to spi depending on what is SOI, china hat aft recenters all sensors.

I'd imagine this will get noticed and fixed with the next update. Uploading screenshot just to point out what the OP was mentioning, but on my end hasn't caused any issues when put to use.

Screen_190622_085152.thumb.png.f45e897b1c521a9801047389fb02c963.png

Like I said I fixed some bindings a few patches ago, basically my first flyouts in the A-10C after my latest windows reinstall (i'm thinking its when I bought Enemy Within 3.0 not long after it came out) but haven't had to change anything since. The default config for the A-10C always had a leftctrl modifier assigned to trim, with the trim switch assigned to view from the days before everybody was using TrackIR, and generally I just "cleared" those bindings and set the trim hat to trim everytime I reinstalled the sim and didn't back up my controls.

Haven't run into any weirdness actually flying any of the modules I've flown tonight, and didn't have to change my bindings for the latest update although this is the first time I'm noticing the orange double entries as pictured in the screenshot above. I don't remember having to rebind my boatswitch.. vague memory of having to fix the coolie hat. But not due to the most recent update. I've downloaded at least 3 patches since the last time I bound my controls in the A-10C. The orange duplicate entries seem new though.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

My mate and I are also having trouble with the MAV's, the HOTAS slew control just stops working. Slave all controls with the china hat forward and the HOTAS slew starts working for a few seconds then stops again.

Off topic but every time I post, I click post reply and I have to log back in before I can post, sometimes it asks me to refresh which loses the post and I have to start again.

Just tried a quick mission and I have figured out the MAV slew seems to get stuck on certain things but if I press TMS down short it unlocks the slew so it moves again. Strange as I have never had to do this before. Seems better though as the lock on target is stronger.

Z790, 13700K, RTX4080, 32 gig RAM, Warthog,  WarBRD base , Virpil Pedals, Pico 4

OT answer:

“Remember me” box must be checked.Than you’ll stay online longer.Try it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue selecting the Right MFD as SOI using the Coolie Switch Right command. The left one and HUD work fine, but when I hit right long nothing happens. I have verified that the switch is sending the signal, and it appears to be mapped correctly in the controls menu. Am I missing something?

I have just tried and my Coolie hat works fine, but do have the duplicate entries in the control list

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal