Rotating Clouds- Easy fix for ED?

TripRodriguez

Hey guys. I know with all the high priority stuff in the works this is almost certainly a waste of breath, but I have to try. =D

I believe all that has to be done to prevent the clouds from spinning strangely when you move your head around is to have the cloud textures orient based on the location of the aircraft, or based on the pilot location rather than based on the pilot "camera" that moves.

If it's an easy fix, please take care of this. It's quite distracting, but obviously not near as big a problem as VR performance issues etc. etc. and I know new clouds are coming eventually so I only intend for this to be addressed if it's pretty quick and easy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

• 11 months later...
Spinning clouds aren’t just unique to my system then. Phew! That’s a relief :D

No definitely not (you can also see them in that other ww2 sim, when looking at smoke. In that same other sim, the clouds don't rotate however)

+1 to the OP

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Not unique to your system and not unique to DCS. And not I think an easy fix.

I don't know all the ins and outs but I gather it's tied very deeply to the way graphics render which is why it crops up so often. It's not that it can't be fixed but the alternative render is much more demanding.

Not unique to your system and not unique to DCS. And not I think an easy fix.

I don't know all the ins and outs but I gather it's tied very deeply to the way graphics render which is why it crops up so often. It's not that it can't be fixed but the alternative render is much more demanding.

Probably better leave it alone then, until we’ve all got 3080ti’s. My system can’t cope with current demands, never mind extra workloads :(