[REPORTED] TGP Zoom Affects Radar Elevation

ESCOMM_Miranda

After the update of today (31/07) me and my friend are having some problens with the radar and some other problens with acquisition modes. I want to know if this is a bug of the uptade and other people are having similar issues or we are just noobs that don't know how to radar.

I’ve been having issues as well. After doing 4-6 releases I come back to the radar and it’s all messed up.

It will show a 2 bar scan but the altitude block shows -99 over -99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I’ve been having issues as well. After doing 4-6 releases I come back to the radar and it’s all messed up.

It will show a 2 bar scan but the altitude block shows -99 over -99.

That happened to me but I realized that it was because I was using the Radar elevation wheel to zoom in and and out with the TGP. I just needed to set the radar as SOI and then I could use the wheel to bring radar elevation it back to normal.

Seems like an issue with the TGP, where other sensors will get affected while manipulating the TGP.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Ah, that’s what I was doing as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

From what I can tell zooming the TPOD in and out also elevates or depresses the radar.

I also experienced similar issue. When using the zoom in and out feature on the Litening pod (not the FLIR/FOV), when returning to the RDR ATTK screen, the radar antenna elevation scan area seems to be adjusted while being in the background.

Not sure if this is a bug, or if this is simply a bi-product of natural operation. Either way, as long as you are aware it will happen, making a quick correction upon returning to the RDR ATTK page isn’t really a big deal (personal opinion).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Try making a new mission. Don’t just re-save it, or rename it. I’ve tried. It has to be brand new mission.

If you used the Zoom in/out HOTAS function (not Wide/Narrow) with the TGP before, since it's the antenna elevation that you use, it can also affect your radar's elevation in the background

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

If you used the Zoom in/out HOTAS function (not Wide/Narrow) with the TGP before, since it's the antenna elevation that you use, it can also affect your radar's elevation in the background

I did six GBU releases and came back to radar. Worked as it should. Something is going on with the new coding and the old mission files. Saving just doesn’t fix it. I’m sure ED will come up with a fix so we don’t have to garbage our work.

Hey guys, I discovered if you make a new mission in the editor, the radar tends to stay intact after zooming with the tpod. FYI.

F/A-18C Radar issue after update

Hey guys, I discovered if you make a new mission in the editor, the radar tends to stay intact after zooming with the tpod. FYI.

Also the AUTO release bug seems to not be present.

Oops.

Hey Eagle7907 and Svend Dellepude , thank you very much! Svend i did not found a center key for the radar elevation but the buttons to elevade it up/down. it worked for me. many thanks!

Yeah, the other guy is right as well. I now understand what he meant by center the radar. What happens is while using the zoom, the radar elevation is moving as well, and if you move it enough in the wrong direction, its goes off the scale and shows the -99. When it does that, try to ascertain which direction to bring the radar elevation caret back to the middle of scale. It will be back to normal.

• 3 weeks later...

[REPORTED] TGP Zoom Affects Radar Elevation

Yea the soi in TGP affect radar antena. Center antena is center the antenna not for correct the TGP zoom.

Where is the center radar antenna/elevation key bind? Couldn’t find it, unless it’s in the “F/A-18C game” in which case I don’t use that version.

Cheers,

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Both me and my Wingman had radar elevation failing during our mission tonight. We both could slew it down and later we tried to reset it back up and it was stuck. On both aircrafts. Tried to toggle everything with no joy. We had no TGP loaded, full A-A loadout. I got a super long track and i don't have a clue when the issue actuelly happened, only that we both noticed it after 10-20 minutes of the initial slew.

The only thing i did that i haven't done in a long while was manual IFF through the radar screen. Other then that we did not do any fancy stuff.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Both me and my Wingman had radar elevation failing during our mission tonight. We both could slew it down and later we tried to reset it back up and it was stuck. On both aircrafts. Tried to toggle everything with no joy. We had no TGP loaded, full A-A loadout. I got a super long track and i don't have a clue when the issue actuelly happened, only that we both noticed it after 10-20 minutes of the initial slew.

The only thing i did that i haven't done in a long while was manual IFF through the radar screen. Other then that we did not do any fancy stuff.

THe same thing happened to me the other night. I think it happened like what is described in this post. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225295

THe same thing happened to me the other night. I think it happened like what is described in this post. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225295

Yes, quite the same but not really. I did NOT change azimuth, i was at 140 all the time. But i did switch weapons and also command quite a few STT's that didn't work (mountainous terrain).

My radar worked otherwise perfectly just that it was tilted down.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]