Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Aircraft structures and engine maintenance.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I imagine how popular among women you must be :P

My PC specs below:

Why, why do people destroy the music of jet engines?

There are thousands of worse vids. Either real sounds muted or worse music. Or both. Motives of such individuals? Not known to me.

That's why I like this guy's vids!

Glider Racing into Thunderstorm - YouTube

Glider flying in heavy turbulence over Utah mountains - YouTube

Or like this one

RideAlong! US Navy F/A-18C Hornet East Demo Team (Helmet Cam) - Thunder Over Michigan 2010 - YouTube

what happened to the c-130s you worked on for libya?

They are on hold untill further notice. Im not sure what will trigger the delivery, united nations, the new goverment in Libya, our goverment, what?

My PC specs below:

They are on hold untill further notice. Im not sure what will trigger the delivery, united nations, the new goverment in Libya, our goverment, what?

Yeah.. recently Iraq requested back their MiG-23 and 21 that were sent to Yugoslavia for repair back in early 90s. Hope you won't have to wait that long :D

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

The 2 situations are not comparable because iraq was embargoed for 12 years. Libyas aircraft on the other hand havent made a single storage year yet. More: they stayed out in the desert for 20 years starved of parts. One of C-130's is finished and preserved, the other is disassembled to the bone, waiting order to proceed. A third example that we delivered is (or was at metiga when the war started). It causes no problems because their aircraft were in so bad shape, 1 or 2 years more in storage wont make a difference. They are actually better off inside our hangars than out at the merciless desert.

Some of their spare engines arrived with tonnes of sand inside. Literaly. They were delivered back before the war, I wonder what hapenned to them. I bet we could rebuild some of those burried Mig-25's if we had the spares. :D

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

The 2 situations are not comparable because iraq was embargoed for 12 years. Libyas aircraft on the other hand havent made a single storage year yet. More: they stayed out in the desert for 20 years starved of parts. One of C-130's is finished and preserved, the other is disassembled to the bone, waiting order to proceed. A third example that we delivered is (or was at metiga when the war started). It causes no problems because their aircraft were in so bad shape, 1 or 2 years more in storage wont make a difference. They are actually better off inside our hangars than out at the merciless desert.

Some of their spare engines arrived with tonnes of sand inside. Literaly. They were delivered back before the war, I wonder what hapenned to them. I bet we could rebuild some of those burried Mig-25's if we had the spares. :D

check ebay; last time I check there was a mig-21 very cheap! and also there is a griffon for sale; that one is not that though

They are very noisy when the airplane is on the air; at least that is my opinion; it was lauder than the f-15s I saw at the falcon field air show in GA

You are sorely mistaken. I see a lot of Hornets and Eagles and the F100 is FAR louder than the F404. (or 414, for that matter.) Even one of them from the Viper is louder than two 404's on a legacy Hornet.

After that impressive use of pronouns, I now have no idea to whom each "he" is referring.

From a technical standpoint, the F-100 should in almost every way make more noise than an F404. It has greater pressure ratio, thrust output, and larger nozzle diameter, while having very similar bypass ratio as the F404.

Edited by aaron886

“The autonomous flying K-MAX is designed to resupply Marines on the battlefield and in remote locations,” said Roger Il Grande, director of Airborne Systems at Lockheed Martin. “Through various scenarios during QRA, the unmanned K-MAX UAS performed extremely well, exceeding the cargo delivery objectives of the assessment. Demonstrating our team’s capabilities and enhancing mission effectiveness drives a positive outlook for a K-MAX deployment later this year.”
VIA @lockheedmartin

Could it be the F404 has a higher noise frequency, and so sounds louder?

From a technical standpoint, the F-100 should in almost every way make more noise than an F404. It has greater pressure ratio, thrust output, and larger nozzle diameter, while having very similar bypass ratio as the F404.

Not really. They may have a different "pitch" but physics says the F100 is louder.

F414 may be a different story, but honestly I've seen the Strike Eagle and Superhornet max-performing in person tens of times each, and I will say Strike is one of the loudest things at any American airshow.