LSS with TGP

Giuse101

Hi.

You can use it on CCRP mode, find, designate and lase, you won't have a release nor azimut cue but it's possible to release "by eye". If you keep trigger st1 pressed and you released ok, the bomb will track. the problem is ti find the target... I do press OVRD on MFD to stow it, then preess it again to unstow and the TGP is now boresighted. Then normal slewing to find targets and designate and lase. What I have no clue is on haow to LSS another budy lase! I things it's not yet implemented. Been searching on manual, but TMS is not able to enter LSS mode yet.

Saludos.

Saca111

As it stands, the only way you can slew the TGP on the Viper is if it’s already slaved to a waypoint in CCRP mode. I’m not sure the TGP can independently acquire a laser all by itself yet.

There's one other way - once it's slewed to the waypoint if you press TMS Aft it'll boresight the TGP and you can then use the icon on the HUD to find a target and slew from there. So even if your waypoint is nowhere near your target, you can still use the TGP.

LSS works... Hit UNCAGE on the throttle and it will start searching for the laser, same as in the Hornet. TGP screen will freeze and only the dot on TGP screen will be circling to find the laser.

Have you confirmed this? Does it work in multiplayer?

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Yes, because I used it myself for the 1st on multiplayer. Exact steps: TGP in AG mode and SOI, hit UNCAGE and look at the TGP screen. You'll see that the "LSS" highlights a bit. Screen will freeze and it will be looking for the laser.

Edited by =OPS=Slider1709

LSS works... Hit UNCAGE on the throttle and it will start searching for the laser, same as in the Hornet. TGP screen will freeze and only the dot on TGP screen will be circling to find the laser.

So that' what that was, I hit uncage by mistake while trying to lock up a target for LGB's with the TPOD. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first but then when I saw LSS I thought I was buddy lasing but still didn't make sense, now I understand.