2.5.5.37626 PATCH, Acceleration and fuel consumption have been greatly improved.

Hyundae

I agree and disagree with Mover (gasp).

I agree it’s too conservative, but I’ve never seen a passenger take 9G.

I don't doubt it's a YMMV type of thing, but I have pulled and sustained 9g as a passenger on a number of occasions. Pulling 6-9gs has never been a problem for me when I've been able to get the AGSM going in time, but it has been when i've been caught out.

I do also know people who have not enjoyed or been able to handle sustained gs, but I don't really think of myself as an exception.

Again, Mover's follow-up comments sort of confirm that.

Yes.

But how does it actually work?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's a lot easier with ATAGS now, but if we couldn't sustain 9Gs, we'd never be able to properly employ the Viper. It sucks, but you get used to it.

Great to see you here Mover. Love your YT channel vids!

Yes just say it: time to bring some RPG elements into DCS: G-tolerance being a "skill" you can level up :thumbup:

Or else, G-tolerance being in a direct relationship with the amount of flight hours in the Logbook :pilotfly::joystick:

^ That would be awesome! A leveling up system such as this would definitely add a fun dynamic to the overall experience of DCS, in my opinion. I know many will say that this would detract from the true real world SIM of it all. But I, for one, would really enjoy this sort of addition.

I don't doubt it's a YMMV type of thing, but I have pulled and sustained 9g as a passenger on a number of occasions. Pulling 6-9gs has never been a problem for me when I've been able to get the AGSM going in time, but it has been when i've been caught out.

I do also know people who have not enjoyed or been able to handle sustained gs, but I don't really think of myself as an exception.

Again, Mover's follow-up comments sort of confirm that.

Ya, it wasn’t a competition but I am still surprised they expose passengers to those loads. Just being able to physically endure something doesn’t make it fun. I mean, theoretically right alter the don’t touch anything talk I could throw 5s @ -10g, 5s @ +10g, and 5-6 3-axis tumbles all in quick succession. Nobody would enjoy such torture however, myself included. The goal is for passenger to have fun, not to leave never wanting to fly again. But they are two very different kinds of flying/planes. I suppose I was just surprised, contrary to absurd example above, I keep it in the 5-6 range usually and that's usually enough for passenger stomachs to call knock it off after 15-20 min. I’m thinking it’s the rapid +/- transitions and disorientating tumbles & spins. There’s a big difference between 200kt in a 2,000 lb prop and 400Kts in a 20,000lb fighter, but maybe the brain makes more sense of the more predictable forces - like VR sickness.

You do the turns, that @Mover says are done IRL, and it makes you feel like you are doing it right.

However, I'd be amazed if that makes any difference, in DCS, to the point at which you suffer GLOC thereafter.

That’s from wags, i was surprised too. I wouldn’t worry too much about the exact numbers. Couple 90s at increasing G. Eventually maybe I’ll remember to test it, be interesting to verify.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

As of 2016 (and still current) this is the profile and what all US Viper Guys are training to:

Ya i think most are in agreement that DCS is a bit conservative for trained fighter pilots, at least young and in shape ones. Wags posted a while back that’s they are making changes to how it works, and is high priority.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Try it in game - there's your direct source. Build a mission for it.

Pull 9g without warm up and check how long it takes to g-loc.

Restart the mission.

Do a warm up 180deg turn at 5g and try the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 years later...