Knee Board Cassette Player

Devil 505

Pilot model is still WIP....finger crossed! :)

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for the offtopic-ish but what's all that buzz with that movie? it's a very bad one. Is it a classic or something in the US?

ps. please dont hate me :pilotfly:

Edited by Faks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for the offtopic-ish but what's all that buzz with that movie? it's a very bad one. Is it a classic or something in the US?

Actually, yeah, it's a classic. It's garbage but it's still awesome for us aviation enthusiasts.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

I don't know what you guys are talking about, that movie was as authentic as it gets. You are telling me the Cessna scene was fake. Pssshhhh GREAT CLASSIC! Music was off the hook. I have the original soundtracks by the way for anyone interested in making an Iron Eagle DCS video. None of the Queen remake/extended nonsense. I have the opening soundtrack as well when his dad was flying in the opening credits.

I LOVE the air to air visuals, especially when Cahppie's Falcon is in a hard turn with the "Mig" (KFIR) and dances around a little. And Art Scholl's aerobatics in that 152 are pretty good too! Art Scholl ended up crashing a Pitts S-2 during the filming of Top Gun and was killed (aircraft went into a flat spin, probably due to a W&B issue from the camera mounted on the wing). The footage is worth it, regardless the quality of the movie.

chappief16.thumb.jpg.c228f8d21c9de000ddc10b41caff1015.jpg

Ryzen 3700X, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB DDR4-3200, MSI GTX 1070, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F-16 ICP, TrackIR 5, 1080P 55" TV. All mounted to Next Level Racing Flight Stand

I don't know what you guys are talking about, that movie was as authentic as it gets. You are telling me the Cessna scene was fake. Pssshhhh GREAT CLASSIC! Music was off the hook. I have the original soundtracks by the way for anyone interested in making an Iron Eagle DCS video. None of the Queen remake/extended nonsense. I have the opening soundtrack as well when his dad was flying in the opening credits.

I have the intro song set for my DCS menu music!

Ryzen 3700X, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB DDR4-3200, MSI GTX 1070, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F-16 ICP, TrackIR 5, 1080P 55" TV. All mounted to Next Level Racing Flight Stand

The term is "its so bad, that it becomes good"

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If you want an even better example of this principle, look up "kung fury" on youtube (at least if you know anything about the 80's) best or worst 30min of your life, depending on your perspective.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Art Scholl ended up crashing a Pitts S-2 during the filming of Top Gun and was killed (aircraft went into a flat spin, probably due to a W&B issue from the camera mounted on the wing).

AFAIR the inverted flat spin was intentional because the Pitts doesn't like to flat spin upright.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

If you want an even better example of this principle, look up "kung fury" on youtube (at least if you know anything about the 80's) best or worst 30min of your life, depending on your perspective.

lol, will do... Im curious now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for a "circa 2007" F16CM blk 50 a knee bound MP3 player would be more applicable ( perhaps possibly a touchscreen "smart" device) rather than a Cassette player. Although portable Cassette players were well before my time I personally knew of no one who was still carrying a cassette player within the 21st century. By 2007 even portable CD players were largely redundant. Virtually everyone i knew of by that timeframe already had some type MP3 player.

Within this year even touch screen MP3 players and touchscreen smartphones were already being introduced. both 1st Iphone and 1st gen ipod touch released June and September respectfully.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Kung Fury is EPIC

:thumbup:

lol, will do... Im curious now

So.. hate it? Love it?

I watched it when it came out on youtube, and show it to all my 80's friends.

Hacker Man!

for a "circa 2007" F16CM blk 50 a knee bound MP3 player would be more applicable ( perhaps possibly a touchscreen "smart" device) rather than a Cassette player.

Blasphemy, cassette player!

Best intro in the history of motion pictures…

"Hey Thumper, you've got something to play?"

"I´ve got something that will blow the roofs off in Anchorage"

Cassette player: "… Running where the boys run free

Burning up the sky

Chasing angels"

I NEED to be able to do this. You hear that Matt! TWS and all those extras can wait! Thanks!:smilewink:

"Dogfight: He who pulls the stick most violently shall win"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FSSB R3 Warthog - Cougar TUSBA - TPR - Valve Index - AW3418DW

i7-6700K OC @4.9GHz - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - Trident Z CL14 32GB 3200MHz - M.2 950 PRO 512GB + MP510 1920 GB

I watched it when it came out on youtube, and show it to all my 80's friends.

Hacker Man!

He works for Heatblur :thumbup: