FLIR Screen totally black-white after bomb explode

Solo_Turk

This is still a huge issue. Our operational capability is a roll of the dice. Clearing fxo/metashaders folders doesn't work. Chimney smoke off doesn't work. NCP shaders off doesn't work. Graphics.lua shaders off doesn't work. FLIR works normally one flight, and then goes FUBAR the next four flights.

At first I thought it was related to fog/dust in the weather options, but even on a perfectly clear night smoke from JTAC or burning wrecks will wash out the entire FLIR image. 

Edited by Nealius

• BIGNEWY changed the title to FLIR Screen totally black-white after bomb explode

Update with some possibly new details:

1. There are instances where colored smoke appears as an opaque blob, but regular smoke/fire appears normal.

2. Wingtip vortices also cause issues. In the below video you can see how the FLIR works when zoomed on the KC-135 and wingtip vortices are not visible, then as I zoom out so that the vortices are visible the image fades and flickers. 

I have not been able to consistently reproduce. My settings and everything are exactly the same every single flight, but FLIR usability is totally random.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...