Mig-21 Parachute Correct behavior!

Murey2

Mig-21 Parachute Correct behavior!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Mig-21 Parachute Correct behavior!

Hello.

I was always thinking about that! like why not using the parachute in a case of a stall to rapidly force the nose down, if you try to open it at a stall you see how it rip off but according to the vid. below that is possible!!!

Magnitude please add that feature.

Thanks.

It has nothing to do with a stall, it’s a way to do a very short landing, I’ve heard the landing gear needs to be inspected after.

And you can already do it, just pull the chute when your right over the runway. I’ve seen videos of even western planes do it

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It has nothing to do with a stall, it’s a way to do a very short landing, I’ve heard the landing gear needs to be inspected after.

And you can already do it, just pull the chute when your right over the runway. I’ve seen videos of even western planes do it

This is correct. After this type of landing, the gear must be inspected. I used to do it all the time in DCS for fun.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Man! I wasn't talking about that! I was pointing out that for parachute to rip of that should be based on IAS! not fake dumb script! so if the speed is zero that is before a stall from vertical climb opening the parachute should make a lot of drag to force the nose down in shorter time!!!

I'm not taking about landing at all!

So that vid. proves 2 things at least! 1-that the parachute can be deployed without the gear touching the ground! 2- and the air frame is by design capable!

I hope you get it now, and thanks for the link.

Nope don’t get it at all. You can use the chute in vertical climb like you mentioned, as long as your slow enough it won’t rip off and it will cause drag. And every time the chute is pulled in the video you posted they land.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

flight dynamics have been changed and released in one of the updates. it worked great. unfortunately, other repairs revealed that the ejection of the parachute just before touching the ground is not possible again. the fault is again kept in the public bug tracker. not repaired to this day.

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, I'm confused. What exactly is the issue?

Yes, I know the landing sucked. I was still too high when I deployed the chute. First time I've ever tried it and, anyway, it's been awhile since I've been in this pit.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

So, I'm confused. What exactly is the issue?

Yes, I know the landing sucked. I was still too high when I deployed the chute. First time I've ever tried it and, anyway, it's been awhile since I've been in this pit.

Well again, the vid. is showing landing but I used it to show that it can be deployed while in the air! I'm saying that the chute for some reason rip off as if it scripted or something when using it at about less than 260km/h and it does not do what you showed.

So, can you please guide us step by step to what you did?

I've been flying it a bit, trying to do it again. I don't recall the drag chute acting like a collidable part of the airframe. On top of that, it's yanking the nose down upon deployment in this landing technique. So, yeah, seems to have been reverted.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

...I'm saying that the chute for some reason rip off as if it scripted or something when using it at about less than 260km/h and it does not do what you showed.

So, can you please guide us step by step to what you did?

My apologies for the late reply.

I didn't do anything special. Just landed as I normally do except that, knowing I was going to pop the drag chute--something I don't ordinarily use in the -21bis--I made sure to be less than 290 km/hr and throttled back as I released the chute. The only airframe that I sometimes use the drag chute with is the Su-25T and those are its two requirements. Otherwise the chute blows out. So I just went with that.

Speaking of the Su-25T, I thought it would be fun to try it with that airframe just to see what happens. It's a much more satisfying experience. Unlike what happens in the MiG-21bis, the nose does not get slammed toward the ground. Here's a short comparison of the two:

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 6 months later...
Don't you think drag chutes act a bit unrealistic in DCS anyway, they should not be slowing down aircraft too quickly; like 160kts to 60kts in just a few seconds.

Yes, the drag chutes of FC3 aircraft are way overdone, they act like arrestor wires rather than a chute, in this regard the chute of Mig-21 acts in a very realistic manner. With FC3 aircraft like Su-25 it is nearly impossible to taxi with chute deployed, this indicates that its drag is unrealistic.

I find myself only using the chutes for the cool factor or if I direly need it. Like, if I float down the runway too far kind of dire.

Other than that, I honestly find the brakes more to be more than sufficient. However, this isn't an issue exclusive to the -21, although at least in the Su-25T you run the risk of popping your tires.

Still, it'd be nice to have much better ground handling physics to necessitate the need for chutes, like icy runways actually being slippery.

Wait. You are not suposed to use the Chute on a normal Landing? Every procedure I read so far said to use it to get down from 300 to 150 kph. So you tello me that they have a chute, only deployed in emergencies that has no security to not deploy if you are in the air or too fast and the button doesen't even have a cover? That's the most Mig-21 thing I have ever discovered abut the Fishbed.

I definitely concur "it'd be nice to have much better ground handling physics"..

...I really like popping chutes, it's so cool but unfortunately chute dynamics isn't realistic in other aircraft as well (still better than fc3 planes though).

Also as being said chute acts like a rigid object hitting the ground in Mig21..Thus popping chute on flare like on those crazy landing videos does not work.

..One other thing if anyone noticed brakes skid too easy and not very effective..As if slipping on a wet surface...Many sim flyers get surprised when they realize that wheel braking is much more effective than thrust reversing or the chute in real aircraft, only inferior to arresting cables :)

Edited by RevMagnum