Hit Myself With R-77

FlankerMan

Somehow, while I was doing multiplayer, I managed to hit myself with an AA-12. I had missile inbound warnings before I fired, so I just assumed it was an AMRAAM, but the chat log said it was an R-77, and it said I killed myself. I did fire one, so it's not completely impossible, but how could it have happened? Did I run into it? I'm sorry, I don't have the track, otherwise I'd have watched it to see what happened.

• ED Team

Hi do you have a tacview maybe?

I would like to see this :lol:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi do you have a tacview maybe?

I would like to see this :lol:

That sounds very worthy of a tacview. too bad he doesn't have it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I've seen this happen a lot it usually happens under two circumstances

The first being you were too low to the ground when you fired the missile and it blew up or

You fired one as soon as a 120 hit you causing the R-77 to also blow up giving you the kill credit as technically you were the last person to deal damage to yourself

Are you sure you weren't flying Behind the Enemy Lines?

Only ways to kill yourself with your own missile are:

1) It blows up near you just on the launch, what should be impossible as the missile fuze has not activated until X seconds from launch just for those reasons. So only the fuel could explode.

2) You launch missile straight and higher than you, and then you fly on to it (this is possible, but you need to be below the missile flight path so it will glide to you)

3) The missile would be flying after the enemy that performs the maneuver around you and missile will lock to you and hit you. Again should be impossible as no missile should have anymore enough energy to perform 360 at such long circle and then hit you. And this is only in movies (a la "Behind Enemy Lines").

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3) The missile would be flying after the enemy that performs the maneuver around you and missile will lock to you and hit you. Again should be impossible as no missile should have anymore enough energy to perform 360 at such long circle and then hit you. And this is only in movies (a la "Behind Enemy Lines").

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

allow me to show you Exhibit A.

Archer pulls over 270 degrees, can can be seen in the corner of the frame at 00:17 almost hitting the eagle.....the second time around.

Edited by Zergburger
trying to fix broken link