SPJ pod working.

CrazyGman

anyone knows the difference between type 1 and 2 ?

type 1 : hit E. Goes from STBY to JAM

type 2 : hit E. Goes from STBY to JAMMING

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

From my own tests I understand this:

Type 1: Go automatically from JAM to JAMMING when you are locked by a threat on RWR.

Type 2: Go to JAMMING when a radar is detected on RWR.

Maybe there is a story of number/priority threat that can be jammed but we need more infos about how the whole system is modeled from devs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2019 at 2:50 PM, Zarma said:

anyone knows the difference between type 1 and 2 ?

type 1 : hit E. Goes from STBY to JAM

type 2 : hit E. Goes from STBY to JAMMING

Type 1: Jams radars when you are being locked on

Type 2: Jams radar anytime you are spiked by anything

The SPJ pod works crazy well in comparison to any other jammer in DCS.  I think other jammers might only give you 1 mile before SAMs engage?  I've been able to fly a lot closer with the SPJ before burn through distance.  Same thing against enemy fighters.  You can get a lot closer before they see you on radar.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

• 4 weeks later...

Against AI the jammer on the JF and Mirage are amazing and overpowered.  I can avoid fox-1 missiles fired by the AI just by cycling the jammer on and off and a slight turn.  

One day we will get jamming for all aircraft and modeled.  But that is on ED not the third party teams.