Sensor control switch Depress??

jimblue74

It's used for IFF interrogation on SA page and for NTCR print on radar page.

Basically you put curser over target. Depress sensor select switch and you may may not get an identification.

If you search for IFF DCS F-18C on YouTube there should be a few decent explanations. Its much more in depth than what I've stated.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

NCTR is performed automatically in STT, if the option is boxed and the conditions are met. SCS Depress performs an IFF interrogation in both the SA page and the Radar page.

I also remember reading somewhere in the forums that it also did something in the FLIR page, something about putting the TGP in MEM mode, but I don't know if that's indeed a thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2019 at 3:58 PM, Harker said:

NCTR is performed automatically in STT, if the option is boxed and the conditions are met. SCS Depress performs an IFF interrogation in both the SA page and the Radar page.

I also remember reading somewhere in the forums that it also did something in the FLIR page, something about putting the TGP in MEM mode, but I don't know if that's indeed a thing.

What TGP MEM mode does? tried with ATFLIR with no joy.

Thank you.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

What TGP MEM mode does? tried with ATFLIR with no joy.

Thank you.
Disregard, please. Old comment.
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It's used for IFF interrogation on SA page and for NTCR print on radar page.

Basically you put curser over target. Depress sensor select switch and you may may not get an identification.

If you search for IFF DCS F-18C on YouTube there should be a few decent explanations. Its much more in depth than what I've stated.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

This is no longer the case. SCS depress to IFF was a fictional implementation from the start.
Now CIT IFF is SCS depress and SCS right. SCS depress works as a modifier. It does other things that aren't implemented yet. i.e. SCS depress + SCS aft cues TGT data format.

Mobius708

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2