[Suggestion] Increase damage of C-802AK/G

zippoa

Yeah that building typically takes some very heavy bombs to kill it. And online using the AKG should probably be more of an effort.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What single NATO munition can immediately destroy CC?

Off the top of my head, the GBU-31/V penetrator. I think it takes 2-4 MK-84s. And this is basically the same on the RED side... the BetaB500/500sph penetrators will take it out with 1 but 2-4 KAB-500

The point there being all of those are extremely heavy warheads vs the akg which of course has far far greater range.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Mass vs. velocity.

Can it penetrate?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

The problem @zippo with this if they do increase the weapon damage model to kill CC's then it will not then be available for your intended use in a well known Multiplayer server which is why i think you are raising the point.

On a general note smaller munitions can kill CC's = Mav E/F/G/K, RB75, even Russian rockets S24/S25

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

PS - Even the 250Kg bombs the KA50/Mi8 carries will drop a CC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

The problem @zippo with this if they do increase the weapon damage model to kill CC's then it will not then be available for your intended use in a well known Multiplayer server which is why i think you are raising the point.

On a general note smaller munitions can kill CC's = Mav E/F/G/K, RB75, even Russian rockets S24/S25

Yeah, I agree that this is why he wants the damage increased. Of course the server owners could just put sams around a target that can shoot these down instead. The SAM environment on that server is pretty mild.

What the heck? They should be realistic, not gamified.

There is a problem with DCS that blast effects are apparently mot modelled. You require a direct hit to hit something. Being very very close isn't enough.

Who cares about an online server banning them? If it's actually wrong, say how, and get it fixed.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Fragmentation will be part of new damage model Tiger

Good! Any ETA?

I would say to Increase the damage of the 802AK, in comparation with the RB15.

The RB15 Will kill a CVN-74 with 2 missiles, and with the AK you Will need something about 6-8.

With one plane you only need 1 sortie to sunk a Carrier, and with the JF-17 you need from 3 to 4 sorties, I think it would make a Good balance between Anti-Ship weapon.

That just brings into question the damage of the RB15 though. IMO carriers should be pretty hard to sink. Frigates and DDs less so.

I would say to Increase the damage of the 802AK, in comparation with the RB15.

The RB15 Will kill a CVN-74 with 2 missiles, and with the AK you Will need something about 6-8.

With one plane you only need 1 sortie to sunk a Carrier, and with the JF-17 you need from 3 to 4 sorties, I think it would make a Good balance between Anti-Ship weapon.

A 80000+ tone carrier won't be easily sunk by only 2 anti-ship missiles with that little explosive. Maybe 2 heavy torpedos will do, but not 2 medium sized missiles.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

A 80000+ tone carrier won't be easily sunk by only 2 anti-ship missiles with that little explosive. Maybe 2 heavy torpedos will do, but not 2 medium sized missiles.

Yeah, I always though those RB15 are a bit too convenient. Those are thick missiles but DCS also does not simulate armor penetration so delay charge has no effect.

I think to counter this effect, they just increased the base damage value. Unless the real missile was that crazy powerful back in the day. Who knows.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

The main problem is the DCS damage model for ships is currently just terrible. They are working on it, but im sure its complex and will take time.

Realistically, most modern warships aren't really armored much, so a single ASM is going ruin a FFG or DDG's day. But it won't necessarily sink it. Most likely it will result in "mission kill" though, and with "damage control" certain systems might be brought back online after some time (largely out of the scope of DCS missions). The issue with using HARM's against ships is manifest here as well, since currently RADAR is tied to some % damage on the health bar, and the harm is useless against ships since they don't do anywhere enough damage, whereas IRL they should have some chance of hosing the antenna enough to knock it out. Or at least cause the radar operator to stop emitting for a bit, which on a ship should render the HARM useless because its going to fly to where the ship WAS not where the ship IS 30-90seconds later because real ships move (yeah I know they don't on most DCS MP servers).

Carriers are an exception, they are somewhat armored in certain areas and much bigger overall, so they are very hard to sink with ASM's, or at least the ones carried by DCS fighters. There is a reason the soviets built stupidly large ASM's with massive warheads (often nuclear) to deal with carriers.

At a guess, when HB developed the RB-15 the "damage model" probably wasn't even on the roadmap, so they "tweaked it" to basically give you a decent approximation of what should happen. I.e. DDG, FFG 1-2 missiles and its gone. And however many for a carrier. Now with ED and Deka, they know the new damage model is coming, so they didn't go that route. Rather opting for whatever "Realistic" damage the ASM's will do to future ships which will have some sort of compartmentalized damage model. Hit the front, you take out whatever weapons are in the front, hit the rear, you take out the heli deck and a CWIS, hit the center you get the radar and command center etc. Ships should also do evasive outmaneuver, and pump out countermeasures when being engaged by ASM's. But they don't.

Well the F18 has an ASM, the harpoon for a few months now... But still no new damage models for ships AFAIK.

Currently there is the RB-4, RB-15 (which work well), the Harpoon (which works badly), and the AKG-802 which again doesn't work great.

this was a little while ago, so 2 weeks from now i guess? :P

[ATTACH]224496[/ATTACH]

Yeah, I recall seeing it too. Honestly I don't think redoing the entire damage system + weps is gonna be a "minor" task. Though I think a temporary fix would be to just increase the damage of the harpoon and C802 to the same as the RB15. Or reduce the RB15. They are all in the same ballpark. The RB-04 being a bit of heavier hitter, and the KH35 being more lightweight.

RBS-15 200kg warhead

Harpoon 221kg warhead

C-802 190kg warhead

RB04 300kg warhead

KH35 135kg warhead