Map view only, no cockpit view

hrnet940

Hi Everyone,

I updated to the new version 2.5.6 yesterday and have issues. When I try to fly a training mission or other flights, it is stuck on map view and I can't get it in to cockpit view. F1 key doesn't work, it works when I go in to controller and hit the F1 key. If I hit F2, F3 or F4 they do work, but my controllers do not do anything. I have tried it with the F/A-18C, F-16C, Spitfire MkIXc and all are the same, or it just crashes on me. The attached picture is what I see when bringing up a Taxi and Take Off Training mission in the F/A-18C Hornet.

I hope the attachment works.

Thanks,

Wayne Wilson

806305035_Unabletofly.thumb.jpg.72499926ef26aaff0bcc87e3162af981.jpg

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

I get this problem too. It almost always gets stuck on the map screen when choosing create fast mission.

It also often freezes when trying to quit back to the main menu.

Tried repairing DCS. Tried deleting shaders (for whatever good that would do) But it didn't have any effect.

Edited by CommanderRabb

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey

Having the same issues with F14 single player missions and campaign

Intel Core i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz

Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X79-UD3 (SOCKET 0)

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

GTX 1070Ti 8Gb

238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G

Oculus rift CV1

TrackIR 5

Saitek X55

I fixed it myself. I removed all of my Mods with OvGME than Repair DCS OpenBeta and it worked. Back to normal. I am NOT using OvGME until I get it figured out what folder to select for the first selection. Along with figuring out the proper sequence to use before or after an update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

I should add that if I go into fast mission, generate and then edit the mission. Moving the plane back to the ramp and then proceeding into the game seems to work for me.

I wonder if this might have something to do with how they changed how the airport database and related scripting methods work. As in, the quickgen uses old methods or IDs to assign spawn points, but those no longer point to anything useful and you end up with a flight set up to start from the illustrious airfield [random bit of forest], which fails the spawn for obvious reasons…

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I had a similar but different issue.

I created a ME mission to practice T/O and landings with my new Su-33

on both runway and carrier. I added, just for scenery, a couple of helos to

take off from the carrier. When I set the jet on the CV for player, I got stuck in map view.

When I set player for runway, it worked fine. Went back to CV and back to map view.

I then deleted the helos and voila`no problem from either CV or AF.

Go figure. q4fEPdv.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I had a similar but different issue.

I created a ME mission to practice T/O and landings with my new Su-33

on both runway and carrier. I added, just for scenery, a couple of helos to

take off from the carrier. When I set the jet on the CV for player, I got stuck in map view.

When I set player for runway, it worked fine. Went back to CV and back to map view.

I then deleted the helos and voila`no problem from either CV or AF.

Go figure. q4fEPdv.png

That one should be because you're stuck in the spawning queue until the helos have completed their takeoff and cleared the area. I said “should” because the spawning queue has always been… temperamental, let's call it. :D

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧