Caucasus update?

fudabidu

I am of course using the mod bettertrees by Taz1004 and I find that the last ED screenshots are showing such a kind of improvement.
The Taz mod combined with the Bartek mod you can have such kind of environement which is clearly giving a new nice Caucasus map! 😀

Screen_220913_131600.png

Screen_220913_131658.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rob10 said:

I wondered the same.  They were posted here:

Silver_Dragon doesn't mention exactly where they were from, just "ED add new Caucasus map screenshopts: On develop".  First mention I've seen of any possible updated.

They're from here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

But I think they mostly show different types of clouds and how they lay upon terrain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 months later...

Any plans to add detail to the Crimean Peninsula and southern Ukraine?

Edit: Maybe a separate paid map for this area up to say, Kyiv.

Edited by ddc196

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

• 10 months later...

Hey, didn't want to start a new thread but thought my question woud fit in here pretty nice. 🙂

Since you guys now launch Afghanistan in that new way, I was wondering, if you've considered maybe launching some new parts for Caucasus in the same way as well? I know, it's a free to play map and it is awesome Full Stop!

But i for myself would really would like to get some more points of interests into it. And this seems like a perfect opportunity for something like this. 🙂

Many ppl surely would like to see Crimea but I for myself would love to go for a spin above a high-res Istanbul.^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mobius_11804 said:

Hey, didn't want to start a new thread but thought my question woud fit in here pretty nice. 🙂

Since you guys now launch Afghanistan in that new way, I was wondering, if you've considered maybe launching some new parts for Caucasus in the same way as well? I know, it's a free to play map and it is awesome Full Stop!

But i for myself would really would like to get some more points of interests into it. And this seems like a perfect opportunity for something like this. 🙂

Many ppl surely would like to see Crimea but I for myself would love to go for a spin above a high-res Istanbul.^^

Caucus was build on what is now a pretty old technology so the chances of adding anything to it are pretty slim.  To do so they'd probably need/want to start from scratch and I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Now that ED has new terrain tech, that speeds things up (as Wags said), they should retouch their maps, starting with Caucasus. And expand it all the way to northern Turkey and southern Ukraine. The whole black sea coast 🙂 

• Like 2

HTC Vive Pro/ Intel i7-9700 CPU @ 3GHz/ 32GB RAM/ Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080/

• ED Team
Just now, Dex0 said:

Now that ED has new terrain tech, that speeds things up (as Wags said), they should retouch their maps, starting with Caucasus. And expand it all the way to northern Turkey and southern Ukraine. The whole black sea coast 🙂 

No sorry, not planned at this time. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

• 3 weeks later...