2.5.6 Carrier Coldstart

Trigger_Happy

It works OK for me, as long as I contact the ATC and request permission to taxi. Then, I can hook up normally. I've only tried with CAT 1 though.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Worked fine for me. Hooked up to the CAT, jumped out of the cockpit and got a cup of tea (real Navy pilots do that), didn't launch until I went past the detent on the throttles.

Things went south after that, but that's PEBSAE.

For the record, CAT 2

I've tested this for hours on CAT 3. You may or may not have to contact the tower (still testing that one although I suspect you don't have to). When you approach the CAT and drop your Launch Bar - Double Tap 'U', You will probably get a message saying taxy to parking (ignore), Single Tap 'u" and the Blast shield should raise and you should be connected to the CAT. I have found a single Tap 'u' first up will result in a deck toss.

Working fine for me in single player

Hi all,

Maybe there is a problem with a mission or any customizations (mods, scripts?)

I went to a new mission in ME, setup my Stennis as I do always, set my Hornet to a cold start.

I do the CV start-up by the book, taxi (without talking to ATC) to ANY cat, align, go near the shuttle, drop the bar, hook-up (single press of U), get the rest of the steps (wings, avionics, bar to retract).

I launch fine from CATS 1-4, cold start, hot start from parking and runway start (CAT1). All working for me fine.

Single-player, DCS 2.5.6.44266 Open Beta

I suggest attaching a track file to show the issue, maybe include miz as well.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

No issues here

Hi all,

Maybe there is a problem with a mission or any customizations (mods, scripts?)

I went to a new mission in ME, setup my Stennis as I do always, set my Hornet to a cold start.

I do the CV start-up by the book, taxi (without talking to ATC) to ANY cat, align, go near the shuttle, drop the bar, hook-up (single press of U), get the rest of the steps (wings, avionics, bar to retract).

I launch fine from CATS 1-4, cold start, hot start from parking and runway start (CAT1). All working for me fine.

Single-player, DCS 2.5.6.44266 Open Beta

I suggest attaching a track file to show the issue, maybe include miz as well.

Earlier today I started in a DCS stock Cold start mission on Stennis from Bow Cat 1. All worked fine for me, no issues.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

This is a known bug that has already been submitted to the dev team.

It also happens when ever you spawn HOT on the carrier, take off and recover. Once you have landed back on the carrier all the CATS will not work apart from CAT3, which will throw you off the ship when you try to connect.

Hopefully a fix will be out soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Not quite

;4237104']This is a known bug that has already been submitted to the dev team.

It also happens when ever you spawn HOT on the carrier, take off and recover. Once you have landed back on the carrier all the CATS will not work apart from CAT3, which will throw you off the ship when you try to connect.

Hopefully a fix will be out soon.

I am now curious as to why it does work for me and others but not some.

What you described above I can't reproduce, I did notice one thing, which I posted here in relation to cats after traps -

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4225444&postcount=1

But the issue in this thread and the other one reported - is this MP only thing, a custom miz or a script maybe?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Gierasimov, I tried your method: I created a new mission on the Cacus map with player Hornet set to spawn on the ramp cold. Went through normal start and taxied to Cat 3. Next I lowered the launch bar. The only thing I did differently than I have done in the past is to give the U key a double tap. The JBD made a slight movement then settled down in the stowed position. I gave it one more single tap and the JBD came up and the cat shuttle seemed to take tension. I made a perfectly normal launch. I came around and trapped and taxied back to Cat 3, lowered the launch bar, gave the U key a double tap (the JBD did not move) and then a single tap whereupon I was thrown up into the air and landed on the nose gear. :mad:

So close and yet, so far away! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gierasimov, I tried your method: I created a new mission on the Cacus map with player Hornet set to spawn on the ramp cold. Went through normal start and taxied to Cat 3. Next I lowered the launch bar. The only thing I did differently than I have done in the past is to give the U key a double tap. The JBD made a slight movement then settled down in the stowed position. I gave it one more single tap and the JBD came up and the cat shuttle seemed to take tension. I made a perfectly normal launch. I came around and trapped and taxied back to Cat 3, lowered the launch bar, gave the U key a double tap (the JBD did not move) and then a single tap whereupon I was thrown up into the air and landed on the nose gear. :mad:

I'll try this when I get home. I'm always looking for a new way to crash on the deck. Failing to trap is getting boring.

OK.. this is now interesting

So using your way I am getting the same now. However, after trapping and taxi back to Cat3 I am contacting ATC as per my method listed in the referenced post, and then all works OK for me. You can tell by steam coming out of the cat, once it is gone, you are good to go (tap single U), steam is back, you are hooked up and can go.

Maybe you could check your mission settings to see if simple (easy?) communications are selected. If realistic comms are checked, you'd need to make sure that A. you have the proper radio freq tuned up and B. You are using the right radio.

Whenever I call ATC from a cold ramp start, I get "request engine start" and they always answer appropriately. Next I want to request taxi but the only choice is "request takeoff" and they never answer until after I have managed to get hooked up on the cat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I usually start on the boat from hot parking (in SP). I never have to call anyone for clearance to do anything, just start taxiing to any cat (tested all 4 multiple times), hook up and launch.

The problems start after coming back to the boat and trying to hook up... as described by many already.

Here, I tried to see the whole event from the outside view hoping to get some clues as to WTF was going on... no luck. It almost looks like a prank :smilewink: