[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]F-18 INS and map doesn't work when for red USAF Aggressor

enceladus

I bought the F-18 Aggressor BFM campaign from the ongoing sale, at first I lazily use the autostart but it seems that the moving map doesn't appear and steer point doesn't move at all, I need to open the F-10 map to navigate which is really frustrating.

I then try follow the manual, same result.

Like this https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PZro-XZAqVPAwgk4Q1Fw82Rw_yq_Ke_1

Then after some more experiment I found out that it's not only in Nevada but Caucasus also the same, regardless of airport's coalition.

I then found out that it's because of the country or coalition, if I choose USA then everything is fine regardless of which coalition I was, but for USAF Aggressor I have to be in BLUE team otherwise INS which is suppose to work regardless of available satellite will be broken.

Hot start seems to be OK though.

I write this in steam once but didn't get reply, there's another guy report it too in steam but that post disappeared, I did some search for a while but didn't seems like anyone report it in this forum, so I think I should post it here.

Edited by enceladus
Add the video

Go to options and check "unrestricted satnav".

This will allow red to use GPS.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Nope, nothing changes.

F-16 works fine without that also.

IIRC INS doesn't use satellite anyway.

That's strange I recently flew F-18C BFM vs F-16 mission and as long as I allowed for a full ground alignment and had unrestricted satnav checked in the options it worked fine. I dont use autostart though maybe that is the problem?

Before this option was available the work around was to manually update your position in the HSI page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

After aligning INS but before starting taxi designate 0 waypoint, then select UPDT osb on HSI screen, then DSG and acccept.

This procedure is also described in all mission briefings in Aggressors campaigns.

Campaign settings override the settings you make in game.

Intel Core i5 7600k, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070, SSD

VKB Gunfighter Mk. III + MCG PRO, Saitek X52PRO, Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

FC3, Fw 190D, P-51D, BS2, A-10C, F-86F, MiG-21Bis, Mi-8MTV, UH-1H, Bf 109K-4, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B

That's strange I recently flew F-18C BFM vs F-16 mission and as long as I allowed for a full ground alignment and had unrestricted satnav checked in the options it worked fine. I dont use autostart though maybe that is the problem?

Before this option was available the work around was to manually update your position in the HSI page.

No I did step by step start according to the manual as well, I wrote that in the post though

After aligning INS but before starting taxi designate 0 waypoint, then select UPDT osb on HSI screen, then DSG and acccept.

This procedure is also described in all mission briefings in Aggressors campaigns.

Campaign settings override the settings you make in game.

Of course I did all that, I waited for a whole 10 minutes as well but nothing appear, compare to when in BLUE or Red side USA the map appears 1 or 2 minutes after INS align.

The problem is that it's the same even in my own created missions not only in that particular campaign, if I change the side to blue or put USA to red then it works fine. But if I was in AUSAF then my position never move in HSI which is strange, even if I didn't have any preplanned waypoint.

In the same condition the F-16 HSD works fine.

Edited by enceladus
Add more info

I bought the F-18 Aggressor BFM campaign from the ongoing sale, at first I lazily use the autostart but it seems that the moving map doesn't appear and steer point doesn't move at all, I need to open the F-10 map to navigate which is really frustrating.

I then try follow the manual, same result.

Then after some more experiment I found out that it's not only in Nevada but Caucasus also the same, regardless of airport's coalition.

I then found out that it's because of the country or coalition, if I choose USA then everything is fine regardless of which coalition I was, but for USAF Aggressor I have to be in BLUE team otherwise INS which is suppose to work regardless of available satellite will be broken.

Hot start seems to be OK though.

I write this in steam once but didn't get reply, there's another guy report it too in steam but that post disappeared, I did some search for a while but didn't seems like anyone report it in this forum, so I think I should post it here.

it has been addressed already.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258499

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

no idea, sorry. maybe try a multiplayer server that has redfor using 18's and joining their teamspeak/discord they can advise on how to get it working.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

• ED Team

check the date of the mission if it is before 1994/3/28 GPS will not work

bare in mind unrestricted satnav can be forced off in mission and multiplayer

Edit:

Please add your track replay so we can take a look

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

check the date of the mission if it is before 1994/3/28 GPS will not work

bare in mind unrestricted satnav can be forced off in mission and multiplayer

Edit:

Please add your track replay so we can take a look

The year is 2016.

I didn't do anything about Unrestricted SATNAV in the mission, it actually works as when I have Unrestricted SATNAV on, the map does appear in HSI but it shows says my aircraft isn't moving.

Like this https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PZro-XZAqVPAwgk4Q1Fw82Rw_yq_Ke_1

I attached the tracks which I used autostart, step by step start according to the manual doesn't work anyway so I didn't record it again.

USA_F18_INS_works.trk

USAFAgdressor_F18_INS_broken.trk

Edited by enceladus
Add some comma(,)

SkaldDKO was almost on it as I made the exact mistake you are making. It has nothing to do with the INS alignment other than you have to be done with it and in NAV. Then you go to the HSI page, then verify you are on waypoint zero, hit the WPDSG button (like he said BEFORE you taxi the aircraft) then it was a button on the upper left to get to the UPDT and ACPT option. Might have been DSG if I remember correctly. Just like they said the procedure is in the briefing and if you follow the procedure verbatim for the aircraft hasn't been moved it will bring up the moving map and your distance to steerpoint data will change as you move around. Worked for me so it'll work for you.

Also it doesn't matter that the date is 2016. The briefings specifically say that REDFOR don't have access to GPS thus these extra bits need to be done. Suggest you pay closer attention to the briefings as obviously important data is being passed on.

Edited by Stubbies2003

SkaldDKO was almost on it as I made the exact mistake you are making. It has nothing to do with the INS alignment other than you have to be done with it and in NAV. Then you go to the HSI page, then verify you are on waypoint zero, hit the WPDSG button (like he said BEFORE you taxi the aircraft) then it was a button on the upper left to get to the UPDT and ACPT option. Might have been DSG if I remember correctly. Just like they said the procedure is in the briefing and if you follow the procedure verbatim for the aircraft hasn't been moved it will bring up the moving map and your distance to steerpoint data will change as you move around. Worked for me so it'll work for you.

Also it doesn't matter that the date is 2016. The briefings specifically say that REDFOR don't have access to GPS thus these extra bits need to be done. Suggest you pay closer attention to the briefings as obviously important data is being passed on.

Wasnt this whole redfor GPS thing squared away in an update not that long ago. afaik GPS works for redfor now.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Wasnt this whole redfor GPS thing squared away in an update not that long ago. afaik GPS works for redfor now.

Well if so then the brief and the aircraft weren't updated to reflect it as you have to go through that process to get the moving map and steerpoint distances working correctly as well as the briefing still stating that GPS doesn't work for REDFOR. I went through this just yesterday doing the first mission after arrival to Nellis. Playing live side not OB. Perhaps it was a OB fix that hasn't made it to live side since it has been a minute since live was updated.

The problem is I did that and it didn't work, I replied to SkaldDKO though.

I believe you didn't see my video about this thing yet, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PZro-XZAqVPAwgk4Q1Fw82Rw_yq_Ke_1

The map appears but HSI shows my aircraft doesn't move despite Unrestricted SATNAV is on.

But yeah, I didn't touch DCS for days and try that mission again without any change, it works for now so maybe I messed something up?

If that video seems to be right to you guys then I probably break something somewhere.

• ED Team

Try the attach mission

ensure you have unrestricted sat nav ticked in your user options.

I have forced unrestricted sat nav on in the mission also.

Let me know if it helps.

I think the issue here is the unrestricted sat nav needs to be enabled for user and in mission to work.

thanks

USAFAgdressor_F18_INS.miz

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Try the attach mission

Let me know if it helps.

I think the issue here is the unrestricted sat nav needs to be enabled for user and in mission to work.

thanks

I used this mission in that video and didn't change literally anything but I can't reproduce the problem anymore so maybe it's my mistake? I don't know where though.

ColdStart.miz

Edited by enceladus

Try the attach mission

Let me know if it helps.

thanks

BN, as I described above, the issue is not present in my current OB. Waypoint 0 DSG update works perfectly with unrestricted satnav OFF. So satnav is not the problem here I think. Maybe the user can try this method? Make sure to first get the OK in the alignment and then do the position update. (Afaik this behavior is not correct in DCS but it works to get the issue away. Wp 0 should be updated first).

Stay safe

• ED Team
I used this mission in that video and didn't change literally anything but I can't reproduce the problem anymore so maybe it's my mistake? I don't know where though.

we will mark this as unable to reproduce, thanks for letting us know

BN, as I described above, the issue is not present in my current OB. Waypoint 0 DSG update works perfectly with unrestricted satnav OFF. So satnav is not the problem here I think. Maybe the user can try this method? Make sure to first get the OK in the alignment and then do the position update. (Afaik this behavior is not correct in DCS but it works to get the issue away. Wp 0 should be updated first).

Thanks for checking. :thumbup:

The problem is I did that and it didn't work, I replied to SkaldDKO though.

I believe you didn't see my video about this thing yet, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PZro-XZAqVPAwgk4Q1Fw82Rw_yq_Ke_1

The map appears but HSI shows my aircraft doesn't move despite Unrestricted SATNAV is on.

But yeah, I didn't touch DCS for days and try that mission again without any change, it works for now so maybe I messed something up?

If that video seems to be right to you guys then I probably break something somewhere.

Yeah I didn't mess with unrestricted SATNAV option so I cannot speak to the efficacy of that.

I only followed the procedure in my second run of that mission when it didn't work in the first one and I saw the exact same indication, or lack thereof, that you did. When I followed the instructions the second time it worked perfectly thus why I think you are right in that you missed a bit of the procedure.