FC servers on HL

Hi. I have tried to play flaming cliffs(v1.12b) with various servers on hyperlobby but they all seem to be misconfigured in relation to the way I like to fly! For example:

1)medium to high graphical settings; anyone with a relatively old pc, such as mine, will get a very low and choppy frame rate. Also with these settings, missions take longer than usual to load.

2)all external views are disabled; when I asked people in hl as to why they simply stated "makes the simulation more interesting"...for the record I strongly disagree!....in fact, I think it severly cripples the game! They also stated that most servers are configured in this way.

3)All aircraft, ground and naval unit labels are disabled. Gosh, maybe we should fly with our eyes covered...that will make the game even more interesting.:music_whistling:

4)'Hud only view'...well you guessed right...disabled!!!

5)Give me a break with the stinger units...they can target us but we can't target them! More importantly how can people even see them unless you switch from cockpit to map view often?!

I am sure other people have similar complaints and perhaps thats why so few people play on hl on any given day. I am sure that are thousands upon thousands of lomac/fc enthousiasts such as myself but with server settings that are so "realistic" and so tilted for silicon graphic computers a lot of people just don't wanna bother!

Are there any servers for casual fliers with mild and user friendly settings?

Would anybody be interested in creating user friendly servers? I certainly would but my computer knowledge is limited.

They're not misconfigured, they're just configured to work how the majority likes to play. You're not going to get them to change that.

Somehow, most people are not bothered by #2 and #3 ... perhaps you should learn? #4 is unnecessary.

#5 we ... well ... fly higher? And we see them alright. All it takes is having a good look.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

They're not misconfigured, they're just configured to work how the majority likes to play. You're not going to get them to change that.

Somehow, most people are not bothered by #2 and #3 ... perhaps you should learn? #4 is unnecessary.

#5 we ... well ... fly higher? And we see them alright. All it takes is having a good look.

I think you mean the small minority that usually plays on any given day...usually between 50 to 100! Are those the only people that purchased lomac and fc simulator? I think not!

I am not asking for servers to change their settings just for me. All I would like to see is some consideration given to lower end users that don't like or cannot fly with everything maxed out. Thats not really asking for much!

how is someone to become a better pilot if all those are enabled? servers on hyperlobby strive to create a realistic scenario you are lucky you even have map view on some. if you cannot play with settings on medium then cunsult some mods like "FPS improvement mods" there are some out there that can really boost your frames

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

There is a way to edit lomac so that it will load the low (or whatever scenes you select) no matter what the server settings.

As for the rest of your problems, each HL server is run by a squadron, and most squadrons usually go for the "full real" settings. If there's enough intrest, we could run some beginner days once we get the new server up&running..

how is someone to become a better pilot if all those are enabled? servers on hyperlobby strive to create a realistic scenario you are lucky you even have map view on some. if you cannot play with settings on medium then cunsult some mods like "FPS improvement mods" there are some out there that can really boost your frames

Realism is nice but not to the point where the game becomes unplayable for a large percentage of the fc community.

I don't think it's unplayable ... you just have to adapt to it. I would suggest you take up that challenge. It'll be very hard at first, but you'll find yourself making strides quickly -especially- if you find someone knowledgeable to help you :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

1)medium to high graphical settings; anyone with a relatively old pc, such as mine, will get a very low and choppy frame rate. Also with these settings, missions take longer than usual to load.

Copy Your Low scene File and re-name it Medium and do the same with the High Scene so you'll have substituted the scene files for Low scenes. That way, irrespective of server settings - you'll have your Low scenes ;)

2)all external views are disabled; when I asked people in hl as to why they simply stated "makes the simulation more interesting"...for the record I strongly disagree!....in fact, I think it severly cripples the game! They also stated that most servers are configured in this way.

In an attempt to simulate "Realistic" sorties, you see what you would see had you physically flown a sortie. Obviously then you would have to disable external views.

For training purposes, you can always record the track and enable externals after the fact.

3)All aircraft, ground and naval unit labels are disabled. Gosh, maybe we should fly with our eyes covered...that will make the game even more interesting.:music_whistling:

Again - Realism.......

Mini-HUD?

Not really necessary, surely?

5)Give me a break with the stinger units...they can target us but we can't target them!

They are there - plan your Ingress and sanitize safe corridors of Flight (Ingress and Egress) and Target Engagement and you'll be fine.

And yes, they are a tad difficult to spot, but practice makes perfect! Just be thankful they're static and not Dynamic............Imagine the Moans then :)

I am sure other people have similar complaints and perhaps thats why so few people play on hl on any given day. I am sure that are thousands upon thousands of lomac/fc enthousiasts such as myself but with server settings that are so "realistic" and so tilted for silicon graphic computers a lot of people just don't wanna bother!

With a wee bit of research you'll stumble upon a wealth of FPS aids and settings to boost performance.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

There is a way to edit lomac so that it will load the low (or whatever scenes you select) no matter what the server settings.

As for the rest of your problems, each HL server is run by a squadron, and most squadrons usually go for the "full real" settings. If there's enough intrest, we could run some beginner days once we get the new server up&running..

That would be very nice and considerate! Can you elaborate on how I can edit fc so that only low graphics will load on all servers?

That would be very nice and considerate! Can you elaborate on how I can edit fc so that only low graphics will load on all servers?

Copy Your Low scene File and re-name it Medium and do the same with the High Scene so you'll have substituted the scene files for Low scenes. That way, irrespective of server settings - you'll have your Low scenes

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lot of games in internet mode lost FPS. Why? cause there is more work to do by processor ect. Example I can play in Earth 2160 in Ultra High settings, over internet I can only low.

Some servers are trying to be most close real ass possible. In real life also there is no any external views. Personally I like external views, I often look when plane starts (25T) and I look on its detail, gears, sun shining ect...

"Some servers are trying to be most close real ass possible."

I don't know what it is, but it feels next tool for make game easier... if yes :

"Some servers are trying to be most close real ass possible."

5)Give me a break with the stinger units...they can target us but we can't target them! More importantly how can people even see them unless you switch from cockpit to map view often?!

I dont know what are you talking about. Stingers are clearly visible in Shkval. Of course some people has "upgraded" shkval to see aobjects from example 50 km (like me), cause Lock on engine isn't too good. Try tweak shkval.

Are there any servers for casual fliers with mild and user friendly settings?

Would anybody be interested in creating user friendly servers? I certainly would but my computer knowledge is limited.

There are many enthioustiast FC, but many left too cause Lock on is rather arcade game than simulator, that first, second its graphic engine is poorest I ever saw and ect...

Good server for AG is TuAF II Server, many ppl play there, I also create my own room for 8-10 players.

Please don't excite so, try write your post with fewer "!!!!!!".

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Are you sure this is ok? I don't want to corrupt the game and have to reinstall everything.;) Maybe I should make a copy of medium and high settings?

Alternatively have a second installation with your settings configured for exclusive on-line play.....copy the LockOn Folder, rename the .exe, send to Desktop, Configure your On-Line settings and away you go :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alternatively have a second installation with your settings configured for exclusive on-line play.....copy the LockOn Folder, rename the .exe, send to Desktop, Configure your On-Line settings and away you go :)

I would rather have only one installation of any game...including lomac/fc. The reason is simple: takes less disk space!:D

I am hoping the tuturial and demo videos that came with FC and currently are not compatible with 1.12a/b are fixed in the next and probably last patch. If not, then I guess two installations will be necessary because I always refer back to them when learning a new plane, etc.

Record it and enable the external views later and enjoy the recording...all you need is LOTU.

LOTU 2.0 here:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=32&file=147

2 - Its more for competitive reasons... most of us have been flying so long that if we see a bandit through externals, we know exactly where they are.

3 - The brief SHOULD give you some indication where to expect enemy activity. Your passive and active sensors also help.

I have always been a proponent of having a "noob" server available to new players... it gives them an opportunity (with labels) to see how their own and others missiles respond (most noobs dont know how to use tacview and LOTU to "look" at why their dying.)

The problem is... most major servers/squads can't convince their squad members or constituents to consistently utilize the time for it. It's also an admin problem.

You are welcome to fly in all of nice realistic servers. For most you will no doubt need to learn to do without all the beginner settings you are asking for. As you can see by the responses you are getting here there is a large group of very nice people in the community who will gladly point you in the right direction to learn all you need to enjoy the servers w/full realistic settings. You will most likely think it much better in the end.

Out

To add to that, the majority of HL servers have associated Team Speak or Ventrillo servers.

Make sure you grab yourself a copy of both (they're free and easy to find through google) and talk to the people flying there. 99% of people flying on the servers will be happy to show you the ropes.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now you know why in recent conflict, the A-10’s minimum altitude was at 15 000 feet. Therefore the settings on HL are all right, becuase they are as close to RL as it can be on PC combat airplane simulator.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I understand what you mean soaringEagle, but once you get used to it,

you will start to feel how more intense it becomes when you dont know where

something is going to fire from.

After a year or so you start reacting to flashes in the upper right corner of

your screen and then you start asking yourself why they made the missile

flashes larger than the planes themselves? :)

Labels are pretty lame. How are you supposed to be hit if you can see

everything coming at you? we could skip radars and everything if we had labels i think.

Kind of like earlier today when I was in a mission with russian birds on one side (have

data link) and F-15 on other side. ALL russian planes ECM on and effectively making

the US planes useless, no radar, while the sukhois could fly in nose cold and do

whatever they like. I'm not saying the strategy is bad/unfair. They did exactly what they

should! But maybe those mission makers want to consider making that Dlink range a bit shorter? :)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'